xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Play Divx Without Xbox Live  (Read 109 times)

xlinkx

• Archived User
Play Divx Without Xbox Live
« on: September 10, 2008, 01:05:00 AM »

Is there anyway to play divx without connecting to Live?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 03:10:00 AM »

Read the divx faq in my sig.

xlinkx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Sep 10 2008, 11:10 AM) *

Read the divx faq in my sig.

Can I play divx without signing into a profile?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »

Q: I can find the media download, but it either wont let me download it, I get an error, or I must be online in order to play back my DivX files. Whats the deal?
A: This is a known issue, with a fairly simple work around. Microsoft has bundled this codec with the previous optional codecs, so if you have downloaded it before, it can cause problems. The download is tied to your console as well as your gamertag. Simply download it from another account on the same console, this enables it to be used by any other profile on the same console. If you don't have another profile, just create a new silver account and attempt to play a DivX file while that new account is signed in. You will be prompted to install the update. Once this is done, you no longer need to be logged into LIVE to use the DivX playback. You may delete that silver profile if you want after the codec is installed. The new (as of July '08) DRM licence transfer tool may remove the need to be logged into live to playback xvids as well.

This gives you the codec assigned to the console.  After this is done, you dont need to be signed into LIVE, or even signed into a profile at all, to play divx.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(kernando @ Oct 12 2008, 07:13 PM) View Post

I used to have to usually sign in my Live account to play DivX even though I already had the update... So you're saying to sign in to live on a new account (silver), download the update, and then play like i used to...

You got it.

ShadowGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 03:28:00 AM »

Can't you just pull it from a friends box, if you are banned on Live? It should be under FFFE07DF in the non-profile folder (000000000000000000). Just use 360 xplorer copy and paste to your hdd under the same folders.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(ShadowGuy @ Oct 19 2008, 03:04 AM) View Post

Can't you just pull it from a friends box, if you are banned on Live? It should be under FFFE07DF in the non-profile folder (000000000000000000). Just use 360 xplorer copy and paste to your hdd under the same folders.

No, the codec is signed for use on the console/gt it was downloaded on.  The same as any arcade game or other DLC.

ShadowGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »

Ah, ok... but if you resign it with your keyvault will it work?