xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Get Your 360 To Connect To A Server 2003 Box With Your Files  (Read 99 times)

_sparhawk_

• Archived User

Ok, I’m not sure exactly where this goes but here is where I put it and the moderaters can move it where it needs to be if not here.

If you are a hardcore geek (like me) or just some nutjob that wants to look cool you probably have a computer that has your movies and music on it running a server 2003 OS, and you may have noticed that Microsoft shot themselves in the foot and WMP 11 doesn’t really work on that OS.

However, winamp has released a program with there latest install called winamp remote, one of the coolest features is that it works on a server 2003 OS and it is SIMPLE to setup.

First, go to winamp.com, download the installer
Second, when asked, make sure the winamp remote option is checked when asked
Third, configure winamp remote, this is the strange part because winamp remote is not inside winamp and the settings for it are nowhere to bee seen inside winamp, its in your taskbar at the bottom, r-click and configure it, adding or removing whatever you want shared
Fourth, have your 360 scan the network for the system, it will see it, connect, and at your fingertips is all the goodness that Microsoft was causing you to have problems getting before.

BlackWar

• Archived User
How To Get Your 360 To Connect To A Server 2003 Box With Your Files
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »

very nice! Does this also work with divx formats as well?

RiPpN-N-TrIppN

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure this JUST does mp3
not movies

zordon

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

Not tried winamp,

I have used TVersity on my 2003 setup, However some issues with the latest build so I'm using 0.9.10.8a. Still have some issues with this but its usable.

Currently trying out TwonkyMedia server, this is great, may even buy it, unless i buy a media player next month.

With both solutions no luck with DivX, so i use encode 360, this is a pain as it takes ages to re-encode files.