xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Runing Emu Software Off Of Dvd?  (Read 209 times)

gangrel_1313

• Archived User
Runing Emu Software Off Of Dvd?
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

I was trying this a couple days ago, Is there a way to change the previous emulators XBE's to XEX's and run lets say NES or SNES off a DVD, providing the path to the roms is like: "D:/rompath"? (or whatever the DVD drive's letter is assigned)

Basically have the emulator and roms on a DVD?

I forgot to add, I tried it on a CD-R and the 360 wouldnt reconize it, so Im assuming it would have to be on a DVD.

gordita37

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »

no, there isnt.

gangrel_1313

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »

Well what about XEXDK? I wish someone could make a EMU Menu (like XBL, Games, & Media menus).. So we could atleast play emulators while we wait for Linux..

Why dont someone look at the backwards compatibility update and study it, maybe we can make a update like it to install old console emulators (they did say the update was a xbox1 emulator).

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(gangrel_1313 @ Aug 17 2006, 12:41 PM) View Post
Well what about XEXDK? I wish someone could make a EMU Menu (like XBL, Games, & Media menus).. So we could atleast play emulators while we wait for Linux..

Why dont someone look at the backwards compatibility update and study it, maybe we can make a update like it to install old console emulators (they did say the update was a xbox1 emulator).

You need to learn a lot about security. Once you gain some knowledge you'll realize how ignorant your suggestions are.

gangrel_1313

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 07:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Aug 18 2006, 01:45 AM) View Post

You need to learn a lot about security. Once you gain some knowledge you'll realize how ignorant your suggestions are.

Right, and your not ignorant for coming in here saying peoples ignorant just to boost your post count.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 07:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(gangrel_1313 @ Aug 18 2006, 08:17 AM) View Post

Right, and your not ignorant for coming in here saying peoples ignorant just to boost your post count.

Be mature about it. I was not putting you down. Ignorant means you do not have all of the necessary information about a subject. It does not mean you're stupid. So I guess you were ignorant to that fact as well. At any rate no matter how you decide to try to put me down the fact still remains that if you had any knowledge of the securty used in xbox 360 you'd know how silly your requests are. Why don't you stop being offended and trying to put me down and start informing yourself of what I've told you so you understand and you're no longer ignorant?

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

Seriously....have you seen any homebrew on the 360....NO.  Please read a little about the security being used and why this hasn't been accomplished yet.  Suggestions like "change the XBE to XEX" or "lets just get the XEXDK" sounds retarded if you actually understood the 360's security and emulating capabilities.  The update is merely emulator profiles for the individual xbox1 games...not the emulator itself....and once again...it is signed...and therefore won't be executed if it is changed.

celinedrules

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(gangrel_1313 @ Aug 17 2006, 09:41 AM) View Post

Why dont someone look at the backwards compatibility update and study it

Why don't you then?

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »

you seriously need to know what your saying before asking such a stupid question. i would have thought that anyone considering modding a 360 should at least have some technical knowledge of how it works and how the 360 and xbox are entirely different systems. Thats like taking an exe and renaming it to .rom and running it as a snes rom, another question. Why are people so interested in emulation on the 360, its a bit early, why not use the power of the 360 instead of forking out £300 to play snes games mostly  rolleyes.gif

Pikkon

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 01:27:00 AM »

I had a good laugh reading this. jester.gif

metalmulisha247

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

maybe if u and the creator of the emulator want to pay 100 bucks a year!

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »

I will pay $100 a year for XBMC360, Emulators & other creative apps.

I guess i'm a sucker   wink.gif