xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Connecting Pc And 360  (Read 105 times)

jskill

• Archived User
Connecting Pc And 360
« on: April 13, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »

Hey i recently just purchased a wireless adaptor for my 360.  I have my pc that i want to share files with hooked up with a bridge.  Both systems can access the internet/live fine.  But neither can pick each other up.  Any ideas.

DReborn

• Archived User
Connecting Pc And 360
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 01:33:00 AM »

can u tell me more about your exact setup?  do u just have a bridge or a router as well?  any firewalls up (including XP's)?

jskill

• Archived User
Connecting Pc And 360
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »

Ok its a dlink di624 that is sending wireless to both the bridge and 360 network adapter.  They both get internet fine and connect.  The pc is Windows sp2 and that is hooked up with a DWL G810 bridge.  I cant get the 360 or pc to ping each other or see each other.  The pc did pick up the 360 when i ran the media connect xbox software off of xbox.com/pcsetup.  I am unable to get the 360 to see the computer at all.  I dont have any software firewalls.  The only firewall i have is the dlink hardwired firewall (which really sucks to configure).  I dont think there is any way to turn that off for both ips (dmz is only allowed for one ip) but if there is i would be glad to do it.  I also tried entering the ports media connect used in my firewall and still now luck.

jskill

• Archived User
Connecting Pc And 360
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

I am debating about installing a copy of media center but idk if that would even help my prob.  I just heard it connects better