xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Playing Pal Region 2 Dvds On Ntsc Xbox In 2006  (Read 180 times)

Kordain

• Archived User
Playing Pal Region 2 Dvds On Ntsc Xbox In 2006
« on: January 04, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

Hi, ive read through the FAq n Searched etc but only found info form early 2002 really and was wondering if there was any new news,

I want to play my Region2 PAL DVD's on my NTSC Xbox (without ripping, region stripping n reburning them) from the FAQ etc i notice you can use DVD-X but this was back in 2002 and were now in 2006 so is there any new/better sware out for doing this? is it flawless? is there anything i should be aware of when i try this?

I have tried playing them with the Evox dashboard and XBMC but neither of those will play the R2 PAL DVD's right.

Thanks
any words appreciated, ill be checking this everyday.

Mike..

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kordain @ Jan 4 2006, 04:18 PM) View Post

Hi, ive read through the FAq n Searched etc but only found info form early 2002 really and was wondering if there was any new news,

I want to play my Region2 PAL DVD's on my NTSC Xbox (without ripping, region stripping n reburning them) from the FAQ etc i notice you can use DVD-X but this was back in 2002 and were now in 2006 so is there any new/better sware out for doing this? is it flawless? is there anything i should be aware of when i try this?

I have tried playing them with the Evox dashboard and XBMC but neither of those will play the R2 PAL DVD's right.

Thanks
any words appreciated, ill be checking this everyday.

Mike..

Wrong forum

And yes just use dvd-x
there is a reason its not been updated since 2002
Because it dont need an update

Kordain

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »

Excellent, thanks.

sorry about the wrong forum, please feel free to delete this post now.