xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash Update...  (Read 561 times)

doerek

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »

There is so much going on in the JTAG scene right now...

-Gligli is active again
-Libxenon.org is growing each day with new dev-users
-ect.

I just dont understand why everybody keeps crying about TeamFSD.

btw.
Thanks JQE for the effort you put in your project so far.

DaBuisneZ

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 04:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(jm206 @ Jun 30 2011, 10:29 PM) View Post

Wish they would just release the code and make it an open source project.

Yes they're doing this for free and sharing it with everyone, but there's one thing they're refusing to share, and that's the "glory".

I miss the XBMC days when people contributed because they honestly wanted to improve the system, and not just to get recognition.

Amen to that but be careful the truth is like sharp knives to them. Sorry but i refuse to sugar coat anything. i have my "opinion" jus like everyone else, like it or not. Criticism isnt pretty but needed in instances such as this.

SoloStyl

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 05:10:00 AM »

In my opinion, the ONLY things missing from FSD are:

1. NTFS Partitions (Primarily for ISO Support)

2. ISO Support (with $SystemUpdate Folder Blocked, and no more game rips needed)

Both of those would probably already have been coded and shared.
Instead, NEGATIVITY in the JTAG Community and the LIVE Abuse, have taken their toll.

FSD is fine the way it is.

WHEN the Scene wants to release something we should all be gratefull.

If they DONT release what you want or like, code it yourselves. I did.

(BTW, I hope they never release the source. Great way to get all your JTAGs BRICKED or HACKED by some wanna-be kid)

Thanks To The Scene.

nafeasonto

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 05:31:00 AM »

What's bad about this is that if the FSD team which is literally only one team, and the JTAG team which is literally only one team stop doing things, we would be screwed and JTAG scene would die.

nafeasonto

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 05:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(doerek @ Jun 30 2011, 06:34 PM) View Post

There is so much going on in the JTAG scene right now...

-Gligli is active again
-Libxenon.org is growing each day with new dev-users
-ect.

I just dont understand why everybody keeps crying about TeamFSD.

btw.
Thanks JQE for the effort you put in your project so far.

That's two things.  Look in less then a year once the PS3 scene started up, how many things have been released and done.  And it's updated nearly everyday.  The Xbox scene waits months and months before something new comes out, or is fixed.    I am not blaming this on the FSD team, but face the reality the xbox scene is dieing slowly.

1.  No one has figured out how to JTAG the new systems, which to me comes down to not feeling like it.  Which seems to me, that is done purposely to keep the price driving up on the more and more rare Jasper systems that are JTAGGABLE.

2.  Whoever uses hacked Firmware for there drives, microsoft is pumping out updates like madmen, and C4eva and his team just can't keep up.  All these hacker groups refuse to share, nothing gets accomplished, people who actually hack there drives get screwed because they literally wait months for something new.  I can't understand when people say that "you are under appreciating."  No they are not, they expect that if you say this FIRMWARE works to let it work, and not taking months to get something to work again.  

If you can't keep up with the amount of updates, get MORE help.  Otherwise if you don't want to it anymore, don't' do it.  If punishing the scene is what it takes with some people then so be it.  

I just don't care anymore at this point.  I am facing the reality the Xbox scene is dieing.  It annoys me when a hacker goes "i am working on this finally it's going to be great for the xbox!!"  A year later we have heard nothing.  It seems like a cruel joke to me sometimes.  

I'm still waiting for that N64 Emulator...

boflc

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »

That's two things.  Look in less then a year once the PS3 scene started up, how many things have been released and done.  And it's updated nearly everyday.  The Xbox scene waits months and months before something new comes out, or is fixed.    I am not blaming this on the FSD team, but face the reality the xbox scene is dieing slowly.

the issue you raise here has been already addressed in this thread.  read.

1.  No one has figured out how to JTAG the new systems, which to me comes down to not feeling like it.  Which seems to me, that is done purposely to keep the price driving up on the more and more rare Jasper systems that are JTAGGABLE.
oh, my!  you're right!  it's a conspiracy!  just to drive up the cost of systems!

IPB Image
or, maybe.. just maybe..  microsoft patched the vulnerability.  read.

2.  I can't understand when people say that "you are under appreciating."
let's translate this.  you get electricity into your home.  it stops being delivered.  you call the utility company and they fix it.  because.. wait for it.. wait for it.. .. .. YOU PAY FOR IT.  

oh, and btw - donations do not count as "paying".  more to the point.  you sound a lot like a beggar on the streetcorner yelling at a person who gives you their pocketchange to give you MORE.

we can all /politely/ request for the scene's software development to be open sourced.  maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't.  the respective teams' works are their property (ok, ok, and a little bit of microsoft's as well).  and, tbh, there's actually a chance that if the sources were released it would make certain aspects of hack development (fbbuild, lt+) more difficult b/c microsoft would change their tactics.

to everyone who has built the scene and to those who maintain it in even the slightest way: thank you.  please ignore the petulance here.

MaesterRowen

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »

Open Source:

I can't speak for the entire team, but I think we all feel similar.  We want to release the source code- especially since we're obligated to as we are utilizing open-source code developed by others ( in this newest build ).

However, at this point in time, we are not ready to release the source.  Unfortunately, there is a lot of work that will be stripped out when we do.  

For instance, the plugin source code won't be released at the request of the creator...

Other things we need to strip out are connections to our personal servers for asset hosting.   While these can easily be recreated and reversed by talented people out there, we feel we can at least control access if we keep the code controlled.  

Next, we have questionable code from unnamed sources that won't be in there for obvious reasons-

The last problem we have was when our website crashed a few months ago... we lost our entire SVN history, and have been piecing together our local working builds in an attempt to rebuild.  

Stay positive.... the stuff we are working on is exciting.... and if you really want to develop and expand on FSD- there are older copies of the source out there somewhere.

Ciao

scoltar

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »

I'm new to the jtag scene, and I have to say that I just really love FSD!  I have a ps3 with multiman, also, but I've always just been more of an xbox kind of guy.  Thank you, FSD, team for doing what you're doing/have done!  I've not found anything I wanted to do that FSD didn't offer so far, so I am happy!  I do look forward to your update when it is finished, though!  Hope you all have a good summer!

gotoman00

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »

fsd rocks... that is all.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

marcelosnp

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »

Please try anyway putting trainer biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Thank FSD love.gif  pop.gif  love.gif

omegastar

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »

They really need to release there source code. Its obvious they are not interested in investing the necessary time to get the project up to there goals and constantly changing there focus. The team is full of inexperienced coders learning on this project and constantly taking two steps back to take half a step forward. There are alot of coders out there that would add to the dev but refuse to join their team. And most of us dont have expensive dev boxes collecting dust as some of them do.

Everyone needs to stop being anal and defensive about peoples criticism of the team and project. They wont stop coding because of them but if they do they would have done it anyways, criticism or not. Everyone's points are valid and the defensive responses are annoying and usually childish. Responding to mine and others comments adds nothing to the thread except useless drivel.

I appreciate there work and they have done a good job so far. But they are just pissing alot of people off with there long periods of silence and lofty unfulfilled promises.

JQE

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(omegastar @ Jul 1 2011, 11:40 PM) View Post

They really need to release there source code. Its obvious they are not interested in investing the necessary time to get the project up to there goals and constantly changing there focus. The team is full of inexperienced coders learning on this project and constantly taking two steps back to take half a step forward. There are alot of coders out there that would add to the dev but refuse to join their team. And most of us dont have expensive dev boxes collecting dust as some of them do.

Everyone needs to stop being anal and defensive about peoples criticism of the team and project. They wont stop coding because of them but if they do they would have done it anyways, criticism or not. Everyone's points are valid and the defensive responses are annoying and usually childish. Responding to mine and others comments adds nothing to the thread except useless drivel.

I appreciate there work and they have done a good job so far. But they are just pissing alot of people off with there long periods of silence and lofty unfulfilled promises.

I don't recall unfufilled promises. And i don't understand how people are getting pissed off. We are trying to tell people we are working on this and it will be a while. It is a LARGE re-write for speed and stability, and we are ENJOYING our summer and lives.. why is this so hard to accept?

Also if there are other devs that want to contribute they can contact us, but if they are unwilling to talk to us, then why on earth is it OUR fault?

seebro12

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2011, 05:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Jun 30 2011, 01:55 PM) View Post

Then you have the fact that the majority of JTAG consoles have since died due to RROD.

That right there is all i needed to see,you nor i have any clue as to how many have died especially not enough of one to say the majority and it irks me to see people just spout untruths like they are nothing, i am sorry but that sentence to me is just laughable.

tbb033

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash Update...
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2011, 02:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(SoloStyl @ Jul 1 2011, 07:10 AM) View Post

In my opinion, the ONLY things missing from FSD are:

1. NTFS Partitions (Primarily for ISO Support)

2. ISO Support (with $SystemUpdate Folder Blocked, and no more game rips needed)

Well, to be honest it could also use some work so it doesn't make the temps shoot up while sitting idle. Seriously, the version out now runs ~5 degrees hotter than most games, and ~10 degrees hotter than an old version I still have sitting around (or XexMenu) which is a bit disconcerting to me.

BUT, that said, hey, they wanna take their time, good for them. I'd rather have them take their time than constantly churn out half baked barely tested stuff. And if they just wanna spend time with their family this summer, you know, whatever. It's not like what they've already given us won't hold us over until they get to the next update.
Pages: 1 2 [3]