xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Will This Corrupt My Nand?  (Read 173 times)

mafiafan123

• Recovered User
Will This Corrupt My Nand?
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:36:00 PM »

blink.gif

Im a little confused. So you have FSD on your JTAG and it doesnt boot and you get an error? When you boot have you tried holding the top right shoulder button this will take you to the default dash. Also you could always put xexmenu on a disk and use a thumbdrive to transfer and edit the correct files. Just a thought, and as far as dash launch before you install read the readme and make sure it will work for your dash revison if it does you can always boot xexmenu create a folder name it FSD and edit you settings.ini for it. Theres plenty of tutorials on here and videos on youtube  wink.gif . Hope this helps i sumtimes ramble.

Vayne

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(mafiafan123 @ May 6 2011, 06:36 AM) View Post

blink.gif

Im a little confused. So you have FSD on your JTAG and it doesnt boot and you get an error? When you boot have you tried holding the top right shoulder button this will take you to the default dash. Also you could always put xexmenu on a disk and use a thumbdrive to transfer and edit the correct files. Just a thought, and as far as dash launch before you install read the readme and make sure it will work for your dash revison if it does you can always boot xexmenu create a folder name it FSD and edit you settings.ini for it. Theres plenty of tutorials on here and videos on youtube  wink.gif . Hope this helps i sumtimes ramble.

This came to my mind too, holding X on boot or rb, but my 360 didn't come with a power supply so I couldn't try, I appologize for making it confusing. Even though you're confused, your post helped because I will try the same procedure with my Jasper when it arrives, and if there are any errors I will try what you suggested with XEX menu and RB. If youd like I could let you know how things turn out, but it will take awhile cause my parents canceled Internet service cause They think it keeps me up late at night and it will be awhile before I get my new xbox. so thanks again.

Vayne

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(cancerous1 @ May 6 2011, 07:00 AM) View Post

Vayne, you're dicing things up a bit, and neither of your posts make sense or are in the right section which is possibly why you're not getting the help you expected...

FSD is an application that runs on jtags, pretty much comparable to playing a game.

Dashlaunch is a little different and I guess its possible you screwed something up if you used dashlaunch for 12611 on 12625. but even that would be totally fixable if you have a good nand dump and a flasher. If you don't, then my next point applies doubly.

not trying to dissuade you from learning but this is my advice to you: if you're ordering pre-jtag'd box's ask the seller to set this up for you even if it costs a couple extra bucks it would be cheaper than going through this again, no?

Mafiafan is right, there are tutorials on every site pretty much how to do this that walk you through step by step. Spend time reading until you understand what you're doing before you try again. Good luck, it's up to you, this is just an opinion.

Thanks for the advice. I would ask the seller to do this procedure, but it would just be ignorant to make him do any more than he already has for me. Even if I offered cash, it would probably be found obnoxious. I guess this depends on who you are, but I feel it is my responsibility to do this, and if I messed up last time, doing proper research and reading (like you said), and finally getting my results, I would feel a sense of achievement. When I messed up my xbox I felt like an idiot, this would be like me redeeming myself. I apologize for the confusion. I think I will keep reading and give it a try. If it fails, I will be the one fixing it this time. thanks.

lio256

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 05:14:00 AM »

The easiest thing to do is install 12611 and not bother with 12625. Is there a specific reason you want that version on your machine?