xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dash Launch Question...  (Read 171 times)

wang_chung

• Archived User
Dash Launch Question...
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »

reverse it.

have fsd as default, and nxe as holding down the button.

i have mine setup to default load to fsd, then hold RB while selecting go back to dashboard, and i get nxe.

davefull

• Archived User
Dash Launch Question...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »

hey.

Open your luanch.ini file and edit the default line to point to your FSD default.xex.

Once you get into the launch.ini you'll figure it out.

Dave

BlueSlingShot

• Archived User
Dash Launch Question...
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(davefull @ Mar 5 2011, 06:46 AM) View Post

hey.

Open your luanch.ini file and edit the default line to point to your FSD default.xex.

Once you get into the launch.ini you'll figure it out.

Dave

I'm ready to scream. I'm using a tutorial from from sevenssins. My freestyle folder with the default.xex is in the root of my hdd. My launch.ini looks like this:

[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X =
Default = Hdd:\Freestyle\default.xex
[Settings]
nxemini = true
pingpatch = true

I want freestyle to be booted without holding any buttons down upon startup. So i'm assuming my default path should look like this?

I drop the launch file in Dashlaunch's installer\files. Flash it, it asks me alll the install questions, flash is sucessfull then reboots. My xbox starts and goes right to nxe. It completely ignores the launch.ini file. I have tried that hdd path with the quick launch buttons and freestyle just doesn't boot. It boots if i select it manually through xexmenu or nxe but as far as dashlaunching nothing.

I don't know wtf the problem is  sad.gif

BlueSlingShot

• Archived User
Dash Launch Question...
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »

Nevermind, who ever made the tutorial at sevensins screwed up. Launch.ini belongs in the root of hdd, not in the installer/files folder of dashlaunch. I should of just visited the fsd homepage. Followed that tut and it worked the first time.