xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fsd, Boot From Usb Stick.  (Read 181 times)

hangover

• Archived User
Fsd, Boot From Usb Stick.
« on: January 26, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »

I have a 4gig usb drive formatted in FAT32, how do i set this up so that it will boot into FSD from start up ?
  I dashlaunch but all the tut's ive read require a hdd or the usb to have the same folders as a hdd ie - content/0000000000000/ etc ?

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »

You can boot from usb or internal hdd or nand. Just configure the launch.ini file.

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »

To expand on deilzfcjk, you'd want to add a line that looks like this to your launch.ini file:
CODE
Default = Usb:\Apps\FSD\FreeStyleDash.xex

hangover

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ketchup_Bomb @ Jan 27 2011, 03:12 PM) View Post

To expand on deilzfcjk, you'd want to add a line that looks like this to your launch.ini file:
CODE
Default = Usb:\Apps\FSD\FreeStyleDash.xex

I understand the ini file i just wasnt sure if i need to setup my usb with the file structure like a stock hdd, so i will still need to run the dashlaunch installer to patch my nand so that it looks at the launch.ini for the boot sequence ?

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »

Yes, you need DashLaunch installed. Which is usually done by the native installer.

The USB device just has to be FAT32. Doesn't have to be an native Xbox FATX partition.

It could be half and half, but it doesn't matter.

hangover

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 11:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ketchup_Bomb @ Jan 27 2011, 04:59 PM) View Post

Yes, you need DashLaunch installed. Which is usually done by the native installer.

The USB device just has to be FAT32. Doesn't have to be an native Xbox FATX partition.

It could be half and half, but it doesn't matter.

Cool thanks.

hangover

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 07:09:00 AM »

I have a catch22 situation, i need to get xexloader to run so i can launch the dashlaunch installer but FB doesnt recognize files on my usb flash drive ?

hangover

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 02:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(f0xrolder @ Jan 28 2011, 07:20 PM) View Post

im sure there are plenty of threads here on the subject and google is your friend, but heres a link to the solution for you anyhow. http://stainedfuture...1/01/xexloader/

I dont have a dvd drive so thats out of the question, i searched and googled but all i got was usb hdd answers.

hangover

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 05:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(f0xrolder @ Jan 28 2011, 11:10 PM) View Post

hehe makes things difficult but not impossible, u need to hook up ur 360 hdd to the computer using a transfer kit, all explaned in this next link its as easy as that. http://www.teammindg...without-a-disk/

IPB Image

Yeah its all good, i just swapped in a spare dvd drive and used a xexmenu iso and ran the dash launch installer and now have fsd booting from a 4gig flash drive.