xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Freestyle Dash 2 Beta  (Read 2087 times)

node21

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(tickle @ Dec 6 2010, 03:23 PM) View Post

+1 for this too! I'm having the same problem.

Is there no way to exclude a folder?

No, not in the current version.  But you can manually move the quickboot icons to another tab (like homebrew, or emulators).

sith

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(sdboltdude @ Dec 6 2010, 03:56 PM) View Post

HOPEFULLY MEDIA SERVER WILL BE NEXT

that would be my number two desire after jtag exploit for all current consoles. I am sorry to say tho they are about as unlikely to happen as it gets, microsoft has a tight grip on the gpu, and unless someone from inside ms manages to leak the needed info the best we can hope for is an open source ground-up implementation which will be no where near as good.

oh well the nxe media player isn't all that bad, with mkv container and 4gb+ mp4 support it would be everything i want.. i think a hack to the nxe media player adding the above mentioned is the most likely.

.sith.

svnieuw2

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »

' date='Dec 6 2010, 08:48 PM' post='4762055']
The moment you j-tagged it you waived any right to warranty.  You can't clean it up so it doesn't look like it hasn't been modified at some point.  If by some miracle you avoided damaging the warranty seal, you will still need to spend hours cleaning up the solder pads, good luck trying to do that on some of the smaller points.  Then there is the r6t3 resistor, if you haven't removed then you haven't been smart while modding your console.  If you have removed it, then there is no chance that you can cover it up.

There are ways to remove the seal without damaging it and the R6T3 can be bridged so you don't have to remove it. Solder can be removed.

snes_83

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »

3 problems I've found with Freestyle Dash 2.0... please help!  biggrin.gif

#1:

Is anyone else having problems with the ftp server in Freestyle Dash 2?

The ftp client I'm using is Transmit on Mac OS X 10.6.5. Whenever I upload stuff to the Xbox, none of the folders are created, only the files that are supposed to be in the folders.

Do I have to use FlashFXP in Windows? I'm trying to find a FTP client that works with Freestyle dash on the Mac.

#2:

Another question... when I add games to the usb hard drive, how do I refresh my games list on Freestyle? The only way I can get it to refresh is to go to the folder list and save the folder again.

#3:

Also, I've noticed when I use the copy dvd feature, some of the games don't work. For example, The Orange Box doesn't work after copying. But if I rip the burned copy of The Orange Box to an iso with CloneCD and use iso extractor, the game runs perfectly from the hard drive.

Other than these 3 problems, Freestyle Dash 2.0 is awesome. HUGE improvement compared to Freestyle Dash 1.20.  cool.gif

tickle

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »

Has anyone got any skins to work? If so were  you get them from?

Ive tried some but they put me back as if i was still running the alpha version.

soulwarrior

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »

As much as I love the new update, the xlink part crashes too much (8/10 times it will crash/freeze when logging in) to be used to its full potential. Not complaining, I just hope that part gets a lot of attention smile.gif

hmx123

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »

...thanks for the great work Team FSD

...I have just one question... Is there a way to manually add missing artwork and screenshots?
...I have a few Xbox1 games and none of them have cover or background so I would like to add those myself, but the folder structure under GameData makes it impossible to find the right folder for each game (previous versions of the dashboard had title IDs on the folders but now they're just 00000001, 00000002, ...etc)

edit: Never mind, I just discovered the awesome HTTP Client...! smile.gif

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

I currently have the FSD2 Alpha installed.

With this, on the external drive, there is the existing imported covers etc info folder, which in itself is over 1gb.  But I understand this data is now redundant due to jpgs no longer being used.

So if I was to update with the automatic updater, will my existing import data be automatically removed/cleaned up/converted?  Or will I manually need to delete the data in that folder afterwards?

Does the new version share that same folder too?  Which would mean it would all get mixed together (so ideally have to delete first (but then on launch of FSD2alpha before updating it would start redownloading it again)

keine

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »

OMFG Guys. Have you tried banners. This is absolutely incredible. Beautiful and extreme work. Thankyou deeply TeamFSD.!

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(snes_83 @ Dec 6 2010, 04:50 PM) View Post
The ftp client I'm using is Transmit on Mac OS X 10.6.5. Whenever I upload stuff to the Xbox, none of the folders are created, only the files that are supposed to be in the folders.

Do I have to use FlashFXP in Windows? I'm trying to find a FTP client that works with Freestyle dash on the Mac.

FileZilla 3.3.5.1 works great for me on OSX 10.6.5. Give it a whirl.

soulwarrior

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »

22:41:44.326|Debug|F9000000|Unhandled exception occured...
22:41:44.327|Debug|F9000000|Exception Error has occured:
   The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

could whatever keeps causing this be linked to why logging in to xlink crashes fsd?

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(simonk83 @ Dec 7 2010, 03:07 PM) View Post

Hmm, well for some reason it's not showing any covers at all for me.   Pretty sure I have the latest version as I got it directly from the FSD site about 24 hours ago (after they'd supposedly fixed it and reuploaded).

Could anyone PM me a link to a definite working version please? smile.gif

I'm actually in Australia, and I tried setting my region to Australia in the settings (no covers), then starting from scratch and setting my region to US.  Still no covers.

When I go to check for updates in FSD itself it just gives an error about not being able to read the descriptor file or something like that biggrin.gif

Popple

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(HoRnEyDvL @ Dec 7 2010, 07:43 AM) View Post

Im in aus & also have the same problem as below.

I have this same problem and Im in ireland.

modslave

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2010, 01:45:00 AM »

@ HoRnEyDvL & Popple

I had this problem when trying to use a static ip.  Set network on 360 to auto and make sure xbox live access is blocked in parental settings then try again, should have internet access then.

FSD Team- FANTASTIC!  Love the streamline interface.  If you want pics and video boot to NXE, perfect thank you!

Knasen

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash 2 Beta
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2010, 02:32:00 AM »

This will be a great dash once the biggest bugs (like freezing/crashes) are taken care of.

One feature that I'm sure many would like is a separate tab for Kinect games (besides the 360 / homebrew / emulator and others). Now I know I can manually move all my Kinect games to another tab, but I want one labeled Kinect and not look for them in, say the emulators tab. Physically moving all Kinect games to a separate dir on the HDD isn't really an option, as I still want to be able to see then in the usual NXE dash also.

I'm not sure about this at all, but there should be some flags in the default.xex/GOD that indicate a game is a Kinect game that FSD can use to find those specific games amongst all the others and then add them to the tab automatically.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8