xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: XBR-Flash for Linux v0.2 beta *update: v0.2.3*  (Read 373 times)

bulle48

• Archived User
XBR-Flash for Linux v0.2 beta *update: v0.2.3*
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(belenos @ Jan 11 2010, 12:13 PM) View Post

I really don't use Linux at all but I have used lflash a few time to update boxes.

could someone be so kind as to put together a clean noob friendly tut on using this?

I just want to make sure I have all the steps clear and and if there is any difference between using this and lflash besides the final line of code for execution of the script.

Just use the Lflash tutorial (search the forums) except replace lflash.c with xbrflash.c.  Follow everything until gcc command, then do this:
CODE

gcc xbrflash.c -o xbrflash
chmod +x xbrflash
./xbrflash backup.bin xbr_virgin.bin -i

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »

Great this comes out and I just barely did this:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=691873

With the easy connector and all!

DOH!

sdeens2009

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »

Is there posted yet a recompiled  635mb GENTOO--LIVE CD.iso that incorporates this new replacement for lflash.c with xbrflash.c (the v2.1 with BB fix) and can someone please post a direct download link?  is that even possible?

Also a direct link to the "BEST" tutorial for properly using lflash/xbrflash should probably be added directly into this thread for archival purposes, since as we all know the SEARCH function in this forum is not the easiest to negotiate.  This was requested earlier in thread as well and seems a wise request considering more attention now will be given to this new and quicker XBR update method.

krizalid

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »

I don't think there is one out but if this ever gets updated like I mentioned (example: xboxhdm for orignal xbox) than the release wouldn't be soo big. I'm sure it would fit on 90 megs or less.

Because you can strip everything out that we don't need and keep what's necessary for xbrflash.c/lfalsh.c to complile executable and flash xbr.bin

Morning Call

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »

just a heads up, as it stands the config doesn't appear to be properly injected *yet* (only confirmed with 64mb flash so far)

InvidiousDemise

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »

Can anyone tell me how to rewrite an image in gentoo without reading any backups?

I need to flash my backup so that I can re-do the command to inject my kv and stuff. I forgot to use the -i flag.

I would love to not wait 2 hours for my nand to flash via lpt.

Repoman 108

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »

...i did everything this tutorial stated i should do, it all looked 100% fine and working, so i flash my xbox using this tutorial, says its all fine, i turn my xbox off and back on again, i have e79...anyone else with this problem? im SURE i followed this tutorial to the letter, now i cant even boot into xell meaning i have try and get my stupid lpt cable working again, after it decided to kick the bucket...fuck me....

krizalid

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »

not sure if this was fixed on 0.2.3, but on 0.2.2 my backupnand.bin xbrflash would dump, ended up in 0kb.

Nothing! Flashing was ok btw.

This was on a Zephyr 16mb NAND.

sdeens2009

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 11:26:00 PM »

Now a new version .31 script was just released for more bug fixes, but it still has some CONFIG and/or KV "direct injection" bugs.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=702417

If this CONFIG injection bug is true than we can not use the "i" function and this script must probably be avoided for new intial exploitations of the console.  If it has a bug that serious than there may be more bugs yet to be publically discovered.

So its back to original GENTOO-live CD and compiled lflash for now.

also this was just posted tonight as another alternative flash updating .iso: (I assume for XBR nand updates)

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=702428

JUST NOT SURE WHAT EXACTLY DEBIAN MEANS AND WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES THIS NEW FLASH update ISO IS OFFERING?

we will need some spoon feeding to get us Windows testers over this Linux learning curve hurdle with regard to these compiled FLASHER .iso CDs

DuggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(sdeens2009 @ Jan 14 2010, 06:26 AM) View Post

Now a new version .31 script was just released for more bug fixes, but it still has some CONFIG and/or KV "direct injection" bugs.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=702417

If this CONFIG injection bug is true than we can not use the "i" function and this script must probably be avoided for new intial exploitations of the console.  If it has a bug that serious than there may be more bugs yet to be publically discovered.

So its back to original GENTOO-live CD and compiled lflash for now.

also this was just posted tonight as another alternative flash updating .iso: (I assume for XBR nand updates)

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=702428

JUST NOT SURE WHAT EXACTLY DEBIAN MEANS AND WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES THIS NEW FLASH update ISO IS OFFERING?

we will need some spoon feeding to get us Windows testers over this Linux learning curve hurdle with regard to these compiled FLASHER .iso CDs

debians just another distro... the advantage is that the disc is authored with the tools on there already.

leorimolo

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »

Crazy Idea: TSOP flash xbox without external now possible on all models bellow the 4XXX kernel, I mean all it requires them to do is solder the jtag cables, run XBR-Flash for linux and install XBReboot. All it required was a burned image and I think 2 diodes.

Does anyone think this would work with old consoles?

Lush

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »

v0.3.5

- Completely rewrote code, so no more Open-Source
- Various Bug fixed
- No more option -i available
- New Options added -kv and -config (meaning keep your KV- or Config-Data on Nand)
- New Options added -fullerase and -erasedata (be careful with erase Nand)
- Write only Valid Data, empty Blocks wouldn't be written to Nand.
- Improved write speed and save Nand for useless rewritings, like MS do on update
- Fixed bug for full (256/512MB) read and write
Pages: 1 [2]