xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox LIVE Labs  (Read 384 times)

PirateElf

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(prozac4312 @ Mar 11 2011, 12:07 AM) View Post

Just a heads up for everyone: this test is EXTENSIVE.

There are 3 separated test. The first one runs 30 minutes, the second for an hour, and the last for 6 hours. My console is connected wirelessly via the N adapter, however I'm not experiencing any network slowdown on my main desktop (that's hard wired)--so I guess if you want to turn your console on, run the tests and come back later--you shouldn't experience any slowness on any other computers on your network.

I kind of thought it was ironic that Microsoft trusts their consoles enough to be left on for 7.5 consecutive hours.

wink.gif

It's cumulative. First test 30 mins. Second Test another 30 mins for a total of 1 hour. Third test 5 hours for a total of 6 hours. If you are that worried about it put a box fan next to it and watch a couple of movies

Q3A-TaNK

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(PirateElf @ Mar 10 2011, 03:20 PM) View Post

It probably has something to do with the recent news about the iptv coming to US consoles.  Source of IPTV Announcement

That does make sense, the whole IPTV rumors have date back to the old blades dash pic leak a few years back.

360ModNation

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 07:06:00 PM »

They will record personal information.

Notice how it is this information will NOT be used to identify you.

It doesn't say we will not record personal information.  

Anyone that does this is fairly ignorant.  It will be like Gamestop or Google or any other company that is supposed to limit the information it records, but doesn't.

Odb718

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »

I think Natalie Tran can sue them for saying community channel right?

LordOfChaos

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 08:54:00 AM »

6 hour test?  Seems like they want to activate some RRoD and get some new Slims sold tongue.gif

No but seriously though...  They should offer games for successful 6 hour tests.

itoktoeatfish

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »

Ran it over night. No problems. Some how I got 2 of the lab coats?

Aldanga

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »

They have male and female clothes, so that's why you got 2 coats.

ASmithz

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(prozac4312 @ Mar 10 2011, 04:07 PM) View Post

Just a heads up for everyone: this test is EXTENSIVE.

There are 3 separated test. The first one runs 30 minutes, the second for an hour, and the last for 6 hours. My console is connected wirelessly via the N adapter, however I'm not experiencing any network slowdown on my main desktop (that's hard wired)--so I guess if you want to turn your console on, run the tests and come back later--you shouldn't experience any slowness on any other computers on your network.

I kind of thought it was ironic that Microsoft trusts their consoles enough to be left on for 7.5 consecutive hours.

wink.gif

It's actually 6 hours total. Technically the first test is 30min, second is 30min, and the third is 5 hours. Completed it yesterday and played a few hours after.

TuRmITeS47

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(PirateElf @ Mar 10 2011, 08:20 PM) View Post

It probably has something to do with the recent news about the iptv coming to US consoles.  Source of IPTV Announcement

I wouldnt think so as iptv has been available on the xbox for a good while now in the uk and they never did anything like this. Why would they do it this time?

H4L0G33K

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 05:59:00 AM »

Seems some info is seriously being looked at when these test take place: http://www.se7ensins...s-is-a-trap-oo/

SeaQuake

• Recovered User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »

Anyone stupid enough to do this on a modded console deserves what happens.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2020, 07:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(lllN30lll @ Mar 13 2011, 10:28 AM) *

From Xl ChOCoLATe on 7 Sins.

and from the link

those strings are in every xex >.>  

besides, aside from the nand info, do you see anything in that list that microsoft could use to identify people for banning? because i certainly don't if that is all the info that is being collected.

also, do you really think microsoft needs to put out a program just to know what messages you have sent on xbox live and how many times you have done a license migration? here's a hint: all that info goes through microsoft servers at some point, so they have that info already

This post has been edited by Reaper527: Today, 03:33 AM

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »

I still can't believe how stupid people are.  Every single point in that post has to do with shit that msft already knows or can gather anytime they want.  They built the damn machine and maintain the servers the boxes communicate on!

I can't wait until the people at work find out that I can browse all of their PC's, VNC into their PC with out them knowing, see what they are doing on the internet and even - get this - see what is in their emails!!!!

MUAHAHHAA...
 rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif

x Yo1nK x

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Labs
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 02:00:00 AM »

paranoia runs rampant when you know your violating TOS  laugh.gif
i laugh because i dont support online back-up use.
Pages: 1 [2]