xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Strange Problem  (Read 168 times)

smuddge37

• Archived User
Strange Problem
« on: January 23, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »

was really hoping someone would have some suggestions......

regardless i have a bit more info now.

since update came out i decided to update the dash and see if this helped.....

it did help in the respect that i can now get the kinect to work properly however i am still unable to connect to live on a non banned console (invalid profile message) and with any drive i put in this console i get same unreadable disk with all original kinect games and black ops, acb etc.  old games work fine on any firmware i have on the drive

this with firmware lt+ on v7 liteon
original fimrware on v7 liteon
lt+ on hitachi 79
lt+ on v9 liteon
original firmware v9 liteon.

i have to get this going for a young kid who is desperately missing their games....

i am looking for any solution that will get the games going.

help pls

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
Strange Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »

Pretty odd behavior. Dunno if we'll be able to completely fix it, but let's take a stab at it.

Is it a big block Jasper? Does it have any internal memory? If so, remove the HDD and try connecting to Live with a profile newly created and stored on the NAND.
Do you have any friends/neighbors who would allow you to create a profile on their console and then try it on yours?

Before we look at your firmware status, we probably should check what's messing with Live.

However, I will mention that if original copies of CoD: Black Ops and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood do not work, it's likely a drive issue.
What brand of drive was in there originally? Is it a refurbished console? (I wouldn't expect it to be since it's a Jasper, but it's good to know.)
What drive is in there now?

smuddge37

• Archived User
Strange Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »

very odd behavior for sure.

don't know if it is big block jasper or not.  no internal memory.  i have another xbox that is fine.  i already created a new profile on it and tried to restore it to the other one and still get invalid profile msg.

as for it being a drive issue i would say likely not as i have tried 3 different drives in the machine and 1 was a pull from a working console and i just changed the key.  still same issues.

however i made an error in my last post.  No games originals or not will play regardless of firmware.  original firmware no go and lt+ no go.  I didn't try any other firmware yet however when i started with this stupid console it did play backups just not new ones (black ops acb or nfs hp)  i couldn't test any kinect games because it wouldn't allow me to attach the kinect.  now with new update kinect works but all kinect games fail same way.  unreadable disk on everything.

I think nand is messed up somehow.

this console was never jtagged so this is ms doing completely.

how should i proceed?