xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live friend limit to increase to 1000, Xbox Germany says *Update:  (Read 71 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

Xbox Live friend limit to increase to 1000, Xbox Germany says *Update: Nelson Denies Rumor*
Posted by XanTium | October 14 14:59 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From joystiq.com:

It looks like our brilliant plan to stop playing Halo 2 (which was helped along by Microsoft's removal of Live support  for Xbox 1 games) worked! According to a deleted Facebook announcement from Xbox Germany, the friend list cap on Xbox Live is being boosted from a paltry 100 to a ridiculous 1,000.

Strangely, neither the embiggened friend list cap nor the "Finder tab" are present in our preview version of the upcoming Dashboard update.

*Update* From Majpr Nelson's twitter:

Let me straighten things out: We will not be expanding the friends list as a part of the next Xbox LIVE Update.
So... maybe for a later update?

Full Story: joystiq.com

jurrabi

• Archived User
Xbox Live friend limit to increase to 1000, Xbox Germany says *Update:
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »

I would think this might be related to Windows Phone 7 devices.

If they plan to allows conversation between xbox live friends across phone devices 100 friends might be a bit short for contacts list.

Don't you think?

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »

Thats a really big jump. It would be nice to have it available but thats just overkill. I have about 85 friends and i usually end up playing with the same 5 - 6 people all the time. The rest of the people i never even talk to so i basically don't know who they are.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »

damn thats a huge jump! you would think they would test the waters with 250 or something first

jurrabi

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »

Apparently Microsoft has debunked that information. The limit will not increase in the near future:

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/112/1128120p1.html

Will-am-I

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »

Im the same as tomgreen I had close to 100 friends but only ever played with at most 8 of them at any one time and it was usually always the same friends. Anyway I binned everyone I didnt talk to and now im around 10 friends and I dont see me making any new ones anytime soon as most the people I end up in rooms with are all giant douchebags.

zainday

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »

Could you imagine seeing the signed in and out pop ups with 1000 friends on your list.... blink.gif

trentdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 06:48:00 PM »

I think I have about 30 people on my list and it's annoying enough.  Couldn't imagine all the popups with 1000 people on.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »

It's the same with facebook, people with a 1000 friends brag about it really is it worth it?? Most of my friends on Live are from X-S and family members thats it. But sometimes I have thought about deleting some FB friends, but I have them organised all into lists (work, travel, uni etc etc) it really helps and if I don't want to talk I hit the turn list off button tongue.gif. I wish the xbox live friends could be a bit more advanced and the feedback system needs a total rework on live..

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 06:27:00 AM »

psychological studies have shown that the human brain is incapable of maintaining social relationships with more than 150 individuals (the study mentioned social network sites and said that people with more than 150 will generally have an "inner circle" of about 150 that they communicate with regularly)

just thought that would be something to mention in the light the potential of 1000 friends

BTW i lol'd @ "embiggened"

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »

YAY!!!!!!! OH wait damn, XD

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »

1,000?  That's it.

That is definitely not enough!!!