xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Downloadable Content Required Not Available  (Read 81 times)

kidtwist

• Archived User
The Downloadable Content Required Not Available
« on: September 11, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »

Long thought myself lucky since all my first gen consoles never RROD'ed on me.  Well, one finally did and I took its drive with GTA IV DLC on it to another console.  However, upon starting GTA, I get "The downloadable content required for this autoload is not available".  I am unable to play the DLC, only the original game.  How do I get around this?  TIA

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

Are you signed into LIVE with the account which bought the DLC? If the license wasn't downloaded on the new console the DLC will not work offline. You'll either need to do an Xbox LIVE License Transfer or connect to LIVE with the applicable account.

kidtwist

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »

Thanks.  Issue resolved...well, for the time being anyway.  Would I have to wait another year before I can once again transfer it back onto original console (if I can repair it that is)?

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »

Typically, yes. Microsoft might allow you to transfer the data, but, if memory serves correctly, they tend to only allow multiple transfers within a year if the console is sent in for repair multiple times.

kidtwist

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »

Thx.  Goddamned DRM BS

kidtwist

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »

Is it possible to purchase same DLC twice for different household consoles?  I have a unit in basement with no connectivity.  There's some arcade content I have on one unit that I'd also like on basement unit.  I don't want to do a license transfer; I want both games playable on both consoles.  I'm using same gamertag/profile on both but the basement unit stays offline.  I took that console upstairs to connect to live, but when online I see no option to purchase dlc again; all I can do is d'load it again, but have to remain connected to play.  Not an option.

This post has been edited by kidtwist: Sep 19 2010, 06:27 PM