xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PAX 2010: Stepto's Law of Xbox Live ban protests  (Read 380 times)

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
PAX 2010: Stepto's Law of Xbox Live ban protests
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »

i remember back when the servers went screwy in the xbox 1 days and i got slammed with a system modded ban. a call to customer service had to guy telling me the console banned itself (it was my untouched virgin halo le xbox).
knowing modding, i laughed at this, eventually i got a call from one of the head people apologizing and told me the servers went screwy and told me itd be fixed soon.

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 12:55:00 AM »

id rather have them fix all this spam for boosting and modded lobbies

thesonandheir

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 04:08:00 AM »

Stepto, reminds me of the old British comedy series called Steptoe and Son about an old timer 'rag and bone' merchant and his lad in the scrapyard.

Anyway, back on topic, I kind of see his point when you read some of the crying that banned people do on Xbox.com, always the same shit, 'Why did my account XxJTAGxX get banned? I neva haxxed anything, it's just my intials' and other assorted buffoonery.

This post has been edited by thesonandheir: Sep 8 2010, 11:09 AM

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(bmwbmwbmw @ Sep 7 2010, 08:56 PM) View Post

This is in reference to banned USERS, not consoles.

Seriously, unless you act like a total moron and go around screaming "nigger" and "faggot" every two seconds, you won't get banned/suspended. Douchebags is right, if anything I hope they start handing out harsher penalties in the range of 60+ days for these annoying mouthbreathers who never know when to shut up.

Glad to see the report function on XBL is doing something.

The fewer xXXxxKronic420SephirothSSJ3xXXxx's we have on XBL the better.

This team is also responsible for banning consoles. Go listen to the other speeches they've given at PAX on YouTube or, better yet, YouTube search "the pro xbox live". They ban both and the system of filing complaints has lead to console bans, too.

highbomber

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »

I believe the Pro and others like him should be kept out of the public eye. Their accounts should always be muted and Microsofts public relations department should be dealing with the media.

Their work is justified but how they present themselves is just embarrassing.

This post has been edited by highbomber: Sep 8 2010, 06:57 PM

xc1234

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(bmwbmwbmw @ Sep 8 2010, 02:56 AM) View Post

The fewer xXXxxKronic420SephirothSSJ3xXXxx's we have on XBL the better.

amen brother!

szlifier

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »

"I CAN HAZ UNBAN" works every time.

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(highbomber @ Sep 8 2010, 12:56 PM) View Post

I believe the Pro and others like him should be kept out of the public eye. Their accounts should always be muted and Microsofts public relations department should be dealing with the media.

Their work is justified but how they present themselves is just embarrassing.

I agree with you. This would solve my issue of them acting just as much as a douchebag as the people they ban.

Advent Mist

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(death69inc @ Sep 7 2010, 08:56 PM) View Post

not sure his is correct at all shrugs
I know when my 2 week old system never hacked was banned I went apeshit on them over many phone calls no effect even posted to forums with info requested to get it lifted still no effect ..sold off long ago
but never put another system on live F microshit and there bs  play online with my ps3 play my jtag 360 offline or on kia

no reason to spend more money for a new online 360 that will just get banned for no reason.

I call BS. On consoles I've done intence amount of modding on have lived on for years without ban, profile bans yes, not the Xbox. For you to say you had no sort of modification on the console (profile?) and it was banned. BS. Out of all threads I've read on this site and other sites I've never seen a console ban being given on a console not hacked, (or profile?). I hate to see people complain about bans, its annoying.

QUOTE(pedderb @ Sep 7 2010, 09:59 PM) View Post

that posting is pretty lengthy. just saying.

Not really. If he has a lot to say and you have no interest in reading something long (lol), don't reply to him. Simple as that.

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Sep 8 2010, 09:39 AM) View Post

This team is also responsible for banning consoles. Go listen to the other speeches they've given at PAX on YouTube or, better yet, YouTube search "the pro xbox live". They ban both and the system of filing complaints has lead to console bans, too.

Please don't bring "the pro" into this topic as if there is some sort of huge relation to the couple of guys on the panel, the entire team, and just one guy who was out of line.

I though this podcast was funny, corny at parts, informative at parts, and interesting. On another modding site I could understand people complaining about the podcast, but X-S? That surprises me. Especially what stupid things are being complained about.

Also, can't remember who, but someone compared the xbl enforcement team talking about their publicly as compared to a police officer talking about their job publicly ... no, just no. There are so many things wrong with that statement I wouldn't know where to begin.

phigmeta

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 03:25:00 AM »

Phigmeta's Law

As a Blue badge employee (FTE) at MS departs further and further from a positive effect on the profits of MS he becomes more arrogant, dicklike, and worthless.

Soon this fucktard will be a PM (aka a process janitor)

I see dash trash orange badge in his future.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 04:16:00 AM »

was lollipop on there sometimes she makes me think shes clever than all the rest biggrin.gif I wouldn't complain if she was Law of Enforcement  laugh.gif  i do listen to majors podcasts..you do get a hint of them messing about a bit to much at MS sometimes like E is always eating BURGERS laugh.gif seriously though I think the file complaint system needs a complete change it needs to be more like a rating system (kinda like the feedback) or something so you can avoid them on Live..
Pages: 1 [2]