xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bungie to Reset Halo Reach Credits and Gears at Launch  (Read 183 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Bungie to Reset Halo Reach Credits and Gears at Launch
« on: February 03, 2020, 03:00:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | September 6 18:00 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From eurogamer.net:

Credits earned by gamers before Halo: Reach's official launch will be removed, Bungie has warned.
Bungie will reset Credits earned and any gear bought ahead of the Xbox 360 exclusive's 14th September launch.

"Some of you are playing Halo: Reach a little bit early," communications man Eric Osborne wrote in Bungie's forum.
"It happens. With millions of copies out of manufacturing quickly making their way into the massive global retail chain, it's not terribly uncommon for a few discs to 'accidentally' slip into a few lucky customers' hands. Que sera."

Full Story: eurogamer.net

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 03:16:00 PM »

Good for them. That's the way it should be.

turbocrow

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 04:05:00 PM »

Glad this is being done

p4r0l3

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »

yeah, they won't really have to though if everyone who's been playing early is banned  jester.gif

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(p4r0l3 @ Sep 6 2010, 07:31 PM) View Post

yeah, they won't really have to though if everyone who's been playing early is banned  jester.gif

Lets hope this is true.

illbastid

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 05:38:00 PM »

IW said the same thing about MW2 but they never did, which is really a shame as the MW2 leader boards are pretty much useless.

tonicDJ

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Sep 7 2010, 01:08 AM) View Post

Lets hope this is true.

Reset = yes
Banning??? = no

Bungie is talking about retail copies being played on live early not pirated copies (Microsoft IS talking about torrents, two completely different issues).  Please explain why someone should get banned for playing a retail disc a little while before official release date.
So, if i snag (not steal!!!) a new book release and read it a month before it should be put on shelves, should the book store kick me out next time i come in to shop?

no offense to anyone who supports banning everyone for everything (ie, turbo buttons) but......come on!

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »

Credits can be earned for offline multiplayer now anyway can't they? Same goes for buying the items. Gamesave hackers and people with JTAGs can just mess with how many credits/items they have without even playing the game. Won't resetting only affect the legit players?  blink.gif . Seems a bit pointless to me.

Grumbledock

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 02:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Sep 7 2010, 10:38 AM) *

Credits can be earned for offline multiplayer now anyway can't they? Same goes for buying the items. Gamesave hackers and people with JTAGs can just mess with how many credits/items they have without even playing the game. Won't resetting only affect the legit players?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . Seems a bit pointless to me.

All credits earned Offline will be NERFED when you go online, same goes with gear (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
If you earn 10 000 000cR offline, using JTAG or just skillz, then go online you'll end up loosing about 80-90% of the credits, and all armours you've lost rang/credit enough to unlock.
Hence, offline boosting won't be as simple, to boost you must play online (which is harder)...

ca102455

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 03:16:00 AM »

What about the pre orders that get sent out by post & often turn up a day early before street release date, will Bungie be so petty to reset credits earned because you legally bought a game that the supplier sent to you early?

If this is the case then there should be T&C's printed on the game box otherwise 'BUNGIE' THIS AINT LEGAL..

AcidLacedPenguiN

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(ca102455 @ Sep 7 2010, 06:16 AM) View Post

What about the pre orders that get sent out by post & often turn up a day early before street release date, will Bungie be so petty to reset credits earned because you legally bought a game that the supplier sent to you early?

If this is the case then there should be T&C's printed on the game box otherwise 'BUNGIE' THIS AINT LEGAL..

T&C's? ain't legal? LOL it's a game. For the record, it's bungie's play money, not yours, you don't pay for in game tender, so they can do whatever they want with it. DEAL WITH IT.

sonic2120

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(ca102455 @ Sep 7 2010, 05:16 AM) View Post

You'd be crying over 1 day of play reset? Thats just sad. Illegal? Hardly. They announced a week before the release that they're reseting things for the release anyways so what ground would you have? This makes it fair for everyone. Just because someone gets it a day early doesn't make them special.

ca102455

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 06:12:00 AM »

Excuse me for buying a game legally, not my fault if a supplier sends it to me early with no advice about playing the game 1 day before street release. So for the thousands here in the UK who have pre ordered Reach, haven't seen this article, according to you guys its tuff they get credits reset. Whilst boosters, leader boards etc are getting hacked/modded & M$ do nothing to counter act.

There are some real nice helpful people on here but really to flame me for doing everything legal is beyond me.

Nice........

shavedrat

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »

Losing a few days of stats? meh not the end of the world.  You'll still be at an advantage by knowing the maps.

sonic2120

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »

I'm just saying a day or two of stats isn't a big deal when you'll be playing it much longer than that. I say they should prevent games from being played on Live before the release so this won't be an issue.