xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Pachter: Xbox Live Likely to See 100usd 'Platinum' Service  (Read 481 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Pachter: Xbox Live Likely to See 100usd 'Platinum' Service
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | September 1 01:07 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From industrygamers.com:

This week Microsoft officially announced a $10 increase to the annual Xbox Live Gold subscription. In a special Pachter's Podium last year, Wedbush Morgan Securities' Michael Pachter correctly predicted the $10 increase.

As for Xbox Live's future, the great thing about the $10 increase is that it will enable Microsoft to reinvest in the service to then offer even more enhancements. "The extra $10 translates to around $100 - 150 million per year in additional revenue for Microsoft.  I think that they will reinvest at least this much in developing other new applications, and will roll out a premium service with $100 - 200 million worth of enhancements," Pachter told IndustryGamers. "If they can get 2 million users to switch from the $60 plan to the $100 plan, they'll make an extra $80 million a year, and can keep investing to try to grow that business."

Full Story: industrygamers.com

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »

if they come out with a $100/yr tier for xbox live, i better feel like i just entered heaven every time i turn on my 360.

infernomoddingcase

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »

Of the service is better is good that microsoft ask money to the customer

About mr Michael Pachter i don't like him,him WRONG 1 million of prediction always
him also tell about some games "this game never will go sell,people don't buy"
and then is the game that sell better than all in top charts...

i think if "mr prediction Michael Pachter" find a REAL work and go to work HEART for put SEED is better.

kingatrock

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 12:27:00 AM »

For $100 I want a certain amount of tv channels direct from the studios regardless of cable provider and dvr + espn with NFL and a bunch of other crap I can't even think of yet.

Otherwise $100? They must be shrooming.

sirtumtum

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 12:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(kingatrock @ Sep 1 2010, 04:27 PM) View Post

For $100 I want a certain amount of tv channels direct from the studios regardless of cable provider and dvr + espn with NFL and a bunch of other crap I can't even think of yet.
Otherwise $100? They must be shrooming.

you guys are complaining about 100 for a year, i live in australia, us and new zealand already pay that a year and we get alot less features than you guys, im presuming your in the usa?

i wish i was only paying 60 a year geez

tech3475

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 01:07:00 AM »

I hear you. I live in the UK and besides last.fm, facebook,  etc. the most we get is Sky which requires it's own separate subscription anyway.

I say thank god we aren't getting a price rise because MS have done FA to deserve it as far as I am concerned.

I'dkickurass@cod2

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 01:50:00 AM »

for $100, xbl better turn stool to solid gold.

ca102455

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 02:16:00 AM »

And just to think on-line game began as a free service.

Basically everything M$ offer on live apart from playing 360 games on line I can get else where & would never ever consider paying M$ for services I can get free or cheaper else where. Listen to your life blood M$ or you will lose the console war - FACT.

Flagg3

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 03:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(spinr34 @ Sep 1 2010, 01:48 AM) View Post

if they come out with a $100/yr tier for xbox live, i better feel like i just entered heaven every time i turn on my 360.

Relax, this is just a Michael Pachter prediction.  Just to bring up one of his many brilliant predictions:

"As for pricing, each has to keep the consumer's cost relatively low in order to achieve broad penetration. I think that Natal will cost $50"

http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4544530

I honestly can't remember Michael Pachter ever being right about anything.  I'm not sure how he keeps his job, considering how bad he is at it.

My prediction:  We WILL NOT see a $100 Xbox Live subscription anytime soon.  I would be shocked to see any plan more than $59.95 until at least 2012.

As always, I will bookmark this thread and see which one of us is right.  Being as how he hasn't been right yet, I wouldn't hold my breath.

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 03:22:00 AM »

The extra $10 translates to around $100 - 150 million per year in additionalrevenue for Microsoft.

I knew it xD

rezonate

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 04:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(Flagg3 @ Sep 1 2010, 10:12 AM) View Post

Relax, this is just a Michael Pachter prediction.  Just to bring up one of his many brilliant predictions:

"As for pricing, each has to keep the consumer's cost relatively low in order to achieve broad penetration. I think that Natal will cost $50"

http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4544530

I honestly can't remember Michael Pachter ever being right about anything.  I'm not sure how he keeps his job, considering how bad he is at it.

My prediction:  We WILL NOT see a $100 Xbox Live subscription anytime soon.  I would be shocked to see any plan more than $59.95 until at least 2012.

As always, I will bookmark this thread and see which one of us is right.  Being as how he hasn't been right yet, I wouldn't hold my breath.

well if he's out by as much as he was with Natal, that will make XBL $400

Will-am-I

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 04:43:00 AM »

I cant see anything outside of dedicated servers supporting the $100 price tag cos early demos and money off offers aint gonna cut it. Then again its Pachter talking so hes probably talking out his ass again.

This post has been edited by Will-am-I: Sep 1 2010, 11:45 AM

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 05:03:00 AM »

I WANT DEDICATED SERVERS!

NO MORE P2P CRAP!

sirtumtum

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 06:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(tech3475 @ Sep 1 2010, 05:07 PM) View Post

I hear you. I live in the UK and besides last.fm, facebook,  etc. the most we get is Sky which requires it's own separate subscription anyway.

I say thank god we aren't getting a price rise because MS have done FA to deserve it as far as I am concerned.

mate we dont even get that !!!

the most we have gotten recently was the face book twitter, which no one uses coz its soo much easier on a comp or smart phone, we never got last fm, and we only recently got the zune market place to purchase movies etc, and even then its bull shit coz our net infrastructure really doesn't  have the speed for HD download yet, and most of us dont bother with that either. so yeah im glad also we aint getting a hike, i would f**king RAGE if we were paying more than 100 a year.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 07:00:00 AM »

Somebody tell this guy to just shut the fuck up. He's wrong every month with his sales predictions, he's wrong when he guesses pricing, he's just wrong, and the company he represents looks stupid as a result. He doesn't know anything about gaming, I don't know why he's constantly being quoted.
Pages: [1] 2 3