xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Greenberg: Killing original Xbox Live 'will bring more features to 360  (Read 486 times)

majik655

• Archived User
Greenberg: Killing original Xbox Live 'will bring more features to 360
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »

wow... loose game play functionality online for....a tv show...  awesome. (sarcasm) wow

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 09:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(spinr34 @ Apr 21 2010, 10:15 PM) View Post

i'm pretty sure all you had to do was play halo 2 recently (within the last few months). however, even if you never do get it, you're pretty bitter over something so small.

I have played Halo 2 a number of times in the last few months. It kind of sucks that Halo 2 is the only game they consider for this promotion though. What about those of use who played Counter-Strike? Anyway, you may consider it small but the original Xbox was what I maintained a Live account for. I pretty much only play single-player on the 360. All of my online play was with original Xbox games. I am payed through the end of the year. Why wouldn't I be "bitter" about MS giving out a promotion in response to the discontinuation of original Live and being left out? I have had a payed Live subscription since day 1 and almost this entire years subscription will likely be wasted because the system I use it with can't use it anymore. An arcade games worth of points and a couple months of free Live is the least they could offer. Anyway, I have been nothing but completely nice, patient, and understanding with Xbox support.

Mr N

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »

[quote name='bLiGhTy' date='Apr 22 2010, 12:34 AM' post='4678617']

bLiGhTy

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(SphtKr76 @ Apr 22 2010, 01:04 AM) View Post

You mean like the vast majority of all the PS3's out there with no PS2 BC AT ALL! You make me laugh...

My fat ps3 plays any playstation title. so what was it you was laughing at again?

bLiGhTy.

QUOTE(Mr N @ Apr 22 2010, 05:37 AM) View Post

Seriously? This is the most ridiculous post I've read in a long time.

Yeah, it's true MS doesn't make any money off of Xbox1. The real truth, however, is that some features and whatnot are hardcoded into the Live system. Without discontinuing Xbox1 support on Live, they'd be held back on making new features and changes.

Also, as far as the "halo 2 community", Bungie can be quoted (in regards to Halo 2 stats)

[qoute name='Bungie']And here's what they look like today:

Halo 2 on Xbox LIVE

Players Online: 50

Not quite the large community you were hoping for, eh?'

In short, quit bitching.

Idiots like you shouldn`t be allowed to post full stop!! 50 players online after the login servers where shutdown!!  go read thier forums.

bLiGhTy.

[_BRIAN_]

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 12:47:00 AM »

It is probably going to be a pricing structure to add more friends.  First 100 are free like now, second 100 400MS, third 100 800MS and so on until maybe an unlimited number for 2000MS.  joke kind of sad.gif

I am pretty sure they are going to make the lists bigger because that was one of the main reasons why xbox1 games where holding the 360 back.  Xbox1 games where hardcoded to make a list of friends upto 100.  I am sure most game devs just did something like array=[100][max gamertag length] or something simple like that.  360 games just let the dashboard handle the friends list.  

I really do hope that add a lot more than just more friends.  There are a lot of cool things they could add.  Like lists for your friends, something like facebook or myspace.  You could have your Halo3 list, MW2 list, XYZ list and so on.  Another thing I think they will add back is clan/guild/league support.  Lots of xbox1 games had that and I think it was a pretty popular feature.  

If this is all so they can have a new TV show that will be super homo.

toutski

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »

I'm surprised they have taken this long to kill the original Live, I mean they stopped making xbox's in 2006.

bLiGhTy how much you want for your xbox?

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 06:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(bLiGhTy @ Apr 22 2010, 12:02 AM) View Post

My fat ps3 plays any playstation title. so what was it you was laughing at again?

bLiGhTy.

You and your" I'm selling my Xbox because of this"! lol.....

ToBbErT

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 10:49:00 AM »

Halo=Unreal tournament wannabee

flame suit "1"

ccfman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »

Xbox live is better than xlink/kai.

As for the PS3, I am not happy with Sony's recent firmware "downgrade" on the fat PS3s.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »

Halo 2 is not the only game that was played on original Live. There were always games of Counter-Strike available. There is no replacement for CS on 360.

bLiGhTy

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 06:02:00 AM »

People are still playing halo2 over a week after the xbox 1 support was pulled.

http://www.bungie.ne...postID=43189319 <-- these people are what makes xbox live special, not kids that want 300 people on their friends list that they never play with.

bLiGhTy.

GISJason

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »

WTF your a idiot! AT LEAST H2 can still be played on the 360! I don't blame M$ for killing LIVE for the original Xbox! Didn't even know it still existed on the original Xbox since I went on over to the 360 for my LIVE gaming & Usuage...

Anyone who uses a original Xbox on LIVE is just stupid..... I mean c'mon for a couple extra 100 bucks or even less from the BST They can snag a 360 and use it on LIVE for 10x better experience on LIVE Gaming.
 You should know this already.  blink.gif

ccfman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(360ballin @ Apr 26 2010, 04:31 AM) View Post

kids that are either too sucky or too scared to move to new games, and a new system, and much better live experience, make live special?

Maybe they just like the older games.  I know I do.  I prefer Halo 2 over Halo 3 and ODST.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »

I pretty much just played Counter-Strike. There is no replacement for it on 360. Every now and then I would get a game of Unreal Championship in. I payed $50 for a game over 7 years ago and I still get play out of it. How does that make me an idiot? And of course you were able to use your tag on both consoles so a lot of people who played original games also played on 360 and got twice the bang for their buck. How does that make them an idiot?

I don't know why I need to bother picking up a "side" of this anyway. The remarks demeaning those who used Live on their original Xbox are incredibly childish and it is hard for me to even be sure they are real. There isn't really a dispute to have. Xbox Live came out on Xbox, people got it, 360 came out, people continued playing Live on their Xbox, some played on both, it lasted a good while, now it is over... and so goes everything in life.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hyper_Eye @ Apr 26 2010, 05:17 AM) View Post

I pretty much just played Counter-Strike. There is no replacement for it on 360. Every now and then I would get a game of Unreal Championship in. I payed $50 for a game over 7 years ago and I still get play out of it. How does that make me an idiot? And of course you were able to use your tag on both consoles so a lot of people who played original games also played on 360 and got twice the bang for their buck. How does that make them an idiot?

I don't know why I need to bother picking up a "side" of this anyway. The remarks demeaning those who used Live on their original Xbox are incredibly childish and it is hard for me to even be sure they are real. There isn't really a dispute to have. Xbox Live came out on Xbox, people got it, 360 came out, people continued playing Live on their Xbox, some played on both, it lasted a good while, now it is over... and so goes everything in life.

+1

Original xbox live will be missed.  May it R.I.P.

Here's hoping for a 360 version of Halo 2 and Counter-Strike or at least an arcade port with live support.
Pages: 1 [2] 3