xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox LIVE coming to Windows Phones 7 series  (Read 420 times)

swissjay

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE coming to Windows Phones 7 series
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »

Now I know why the resources that provided LIVE to the legacy XBOX had to be "re-assigned"  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

trentdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »

Not sure how anyone can complain about this.  He hasn't even really announced what from xbox live will be available and it probably won't cost anything extra.  I personally think it would be awesome being able to play xbox live arcade games on my phone.  Unfortunately I don't have a windows phone sad.gif

I didn't realize it was still so cool to hate on Microsoft.

tristanx

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(trentdadi @ Feb 15 2010, 05:58 PM) View Post

I didn't realize it was still so cool to hate on Microsoft.

and pretty much any other tech company too... apple, intel, sony etc.

Tatsh

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »

What a joke.

First of all with any decent phone you can go to Xbox Live's site without any problems

If any of you have tried Windows Mobile you know it's a joke, Internet Explorer is just as bad on that as on desktop, and it's DOG SLOW in comparison to iPhone or Android.

coolfx

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »

I mess around with mobiles sometimes and many other gadgets, Not impressed so far, will see what happens, the fact they have never really supported their other WM platforms that well in the past does not inspire much confidence, if you can ever have confidence in M$ to actually care at all about what the customer really wants.

As for WM phones being a joke it depends on what you do with them, like all HW, I dont use IE, I use Opera 10 with Flash and Skyfire for browsing, Opera is very fast, you can even play flash games like Yoville on Facebook with Skyfire, my Girl does, I dont use crap like facebook myself tho.

There are lots of apps for WM, even a LIVE Gamertag card viewer, atm my phone is dual boot WM and ANDRIOD, so i can choose during phone start, Ive thousands of WM and ANDRIOD apps/games already (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  I like ANDRIOD atm, but Iphone has lots of apps/games because of market hype/size, just jailbreak and your good to go, they have games like dexter which is ok. But most of those other apps you can get on WM, like Bubble levels etc.

c

Djpj

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 12:54:00 AM »

* Access Spotlight feeds, including the latest tips and tricks, game news, updates and more

Oh yes!!! Otherwise I'll miss out on those great videos like Major's Minute, Xbox 101 last but not least, SentUamessage!! (featuring two gheys who are 'community manager' at microsoft and come up every once in a while with a plan how they can steal some other ideas from Sony and Nintendo and make money out of it. (Ahum GameRoom and Avatars ahum)

Grumbledock

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 05:11:00 AM »

I see the future...

Holy sh*t!
My phone was banned in the latest banwave   grr.gif
Just because I jail-braked it, installed some custom firmware and had a homebrew iphone-simulator  jester.gif

KillerFirefly

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 05:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Morning Call @ Feb 15 2010, 07:39 PM) View Post

that would actually make achievements really worthwhile.

of course, people would hack it.

Silly,

Achievements have already been hacked  happy.gif

Tatsh

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Djpj @ Feb 16 2010, 02:54 AM) View Post

* Access Spotlight feeds, including the latest tips and tricks, game news, updates and more
Oh yes!!! Otherwise I'll miss out on those great videos like Major's Minute, Xbox 101 last but not least, SentUamessage!! (featuring two gheys who are 'community manager' at microsoft and come up every once in a while with a plan how they can steal some other ideas from Sony and Nintendo and make money out of it. (Ahum GameRoom and Avatars ahum)

PRESS A...NOW!!!!!!!!!

you seen it on Live? It was/is on some section before that game they have on it. Ridiculous.

JCDenton@AS

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(tristanx @ Feb 16 2010, 02:05 AM) View Post

and pretty much any other tech company too... apple, intel, sony etc.

But not google, google are cool.

geniusjc

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »

People should go ahead and watch the video that is listed for Steve Ballmer and Belfiore's presentation of Windows Phone 7 Series.  Then if you feel like it you would actually know what you are making comments about.  It's clear that from reading most of these posts many have not even bothered looking at what it will be.

I actually watched the demo of the phone software and the explanations of what it will do for you.  The software is not at all related to past Windows Mobile, including the current 6.5 version.   In all the Windows Phone 7 Series software and hardware mix will be 10 times better than any of the iphone or android offerings.  Of course after seeing the demo apple and google could step up their game to implement one or more of Microsoft's features in their software but then you will know where the idea came from still.  

The Live Tiles format of the phone is one of the coolest concepts for a phone anyone has had.  It helps people use their phones to get what they want without having to take twenty different steps to do something and keep in touch with what their friends and family are doing at the same time.

I urge everyone to actually take the time to watch the video and see what it actually is, not some rumors or half arsed guessing.

After seeing it I wish the Holiday time was here so I could go get one.  I will probably favor an HTC flavor but I will wait to see what comes out from everyone.

This post has been edited by geniusjc: Feb 18 2010, 04:17 AM
Pages: 1 [2]