xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: New Bans  (Read 1066 times)

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »

I guess people just wanted there little 15 minutes of fame.  Like always

NLA

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »

Ok, stop being idiots,
and lets ask the question
that really matters.

When exactly do you get banned for JTAG/XBE/FREEBOOT? Is it as simple as signing in, browsing the market place, maybe downloading a demo or two, watching a few of those crappy MS channel videos and whatnot, or is it strictly when playing games onlines etc? I'm more curious as to when the ban for NAND modifying occurs, but I suspect its at any time when signed into LIVE, not just when playing games- though it would make more sense to carry out the various security checks when playing a game on LIVE because thats when the cheating exploits would be most relevant.

Reaper527

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(NLA @ Dec 26 2009, 10:59 AM) View Post

Ok, stop being idiots,
and lets ask the question
that really matters.

When exactly do you get banned for JTAG/XBE/FREEBOOT? Is it as simple as signing in, browsing the market place, maybe downloading a demo or two, watching a few of those crappy MS channel videos and whatnot, or is it strictly when playing games onlines etc? I'm more curious as to when the ban for NAND modifying occurs, but I suspect its at any time when signed into LIVE, not just when playing games- though it would make more sense to carry out the various security checks when playing a game on LIVE because thats when the cheating exploits would be most relevant.

well, since the bans where never instant to begin with (even going back to the xbox1 days which took a few hours to take effect), you aren't going to find out too much from that.

since you are running a modified kernel, one would assume just being connected to live is enough to do the trick though. (and no need for size 5 font)

Reaper527

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(ssj4android @ Dec 26 2009, 02:24 PM) View Post

What would be nice is some alternative Live service for hacked consoles. I don't suppose anyone was capturing decrypted packets while connected to Live?

according to what i've read, system link play has a maximum ping time that is exceptionally low. as a result, you can't trick the console into doing a system link game over the web (which is what some people did on xbox1)

rastaman108037

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »

Christ, the butthurt is strong in this thread. Mostly from idiots that wouldn't even be able to comprehend how to JTAG a 360. Tell me, why are you modification-bashers even here? This is a site for Xbox enthusiasts; having a stock 360 that you haven't so much as cracked open doesn't say anything for enthusiasm, unless that enthusiasm is for a DRM laced pile of red ringed sh*t. We want to play games the way we define (from our hard drives) and listen to music that we legally bought, from our own xbox hard drives.  It's ridiculous that microsoft actually thought people still buy CDs and would take the time to rip them to the hard drive. We also don't want to pay extra for a hard drive that has Microsoft's seal of approval, that is otherwise no different from an ordinary hard drive. We might as well buy products from Apple if we want to pay extra for the same exact product.

Once custom OS time rolls around, we'll have the freedom to do what we like with the console. Is that really so bad?

Oh noes! Unsigned code! It's not like the xbox1 where it takes literally five minutes to mod it and run auto-aimers/rapid fires; it actually takes a lot of effort and luck to get XBR running. Also, rapid fire mods can be added to controllers anyway, without M$ being any the wiser. The sheer rarity of finding an xbox that is in working condition that also is pre-summer update is keeping the numbers down considerably. Not to mention people who actually do have these rare boxes have to be somewhat adept at soldering. There is no softmod, period. This modding community is way smaller than the xbox1 community. All you people afraid of cheaters are just fear mongering. Nothing like that exists for the 360 and likely never will

Neptune

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(skipper132 @ Dec 23 2009, 08:57 PM) View Post

Least they stopped it before people started cheating on live :/

maybe weel get some xlink kai sometime next year

People were already cheating on Call of Duty and whatnot.

I am still unbanned, 4 consoles, 3 years, all banwaves, nothing has got me yet =P

1hotjob

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »

This is a site for Xbox enthusiasts; having a stock 360 that you haven't so much as cracked open doesn't say anything for enthusiasm, unless that enthusiasm is for a DRM laced pile of red ringed sh*t.

I would say I am an Xbox enthusiast. I have a total of 4 modded 360s and one stock for playing on LIVE. I also have 7 Xbox 1 consoles modded and running as media centers streaming from my NAS.

The difference is knowing that I have paid for a game and a service to play on the same playing field as others.

Personally I don't want to play with people that mod their game or controllers to gain an advantage. I don't want to play with people who take advantage of a glitch in the game to rack up 50 kills in a game.

Microsoft and the majority of LIVE players don't want that either. So, mod your Xbox the way you want. Put all the pirated games on a 2tb drive and play to your heart's content. Just don't get on LIVE, get banned, then come in here and complain about it. "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it."

rastaman108037

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Dec 26 2009, 06:45 PM) View Post

Microsoft and the majority of LIVE players don't want that either. So, mod your Xbox the way you want. Put all the pirated games on a 2tb drive and play to your heart's content. Just don't get on LIVE, get banned, then come in here and complain about it. "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it."

You don't have to be a "pirate" to back up your games. Like I said, it plays much much faster than regular disk playing or even the 360's hard drive install feature. There's plenty of ways to stop cheating that are employed on PC games, so I don't see why it can't be applied to the 360 without going banhammer on enthusiasts who just want faster load times. DRM has ruined the xbox.

The majority of the messages in this thread show how misinformed everyone is. So concerned over the sanctity of their precious xbox live, when no cheating has occurred on the 360 to warrant such paranoia (unless you count developer mistakes like the javelin glitch).

A little aside - there's nothing Microsoft has done against controller mods, like the rapid fire mod. They don't even try. But hey, obviously Microsoft isn't trying to delude gamers into thinking they're protecting them, instead of their wallets...

slasherking823

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »

for clarification to those who asked the ban does not happen in any way instantaneously.
I had been on live for a few days with my xbreboot xenon and someone elses kv. One day i got on, played some halo 3, got off, came back 2 hours later, tried to sign in and:
"your console has been banned for violations of the terms of use, please do not bitch or attempt to bitch to our employs in India, as they are bitchproof."

anyway i dont really care, it was coming, i knew the kv i was using was doomed from the moment i signed onto live for the first time with that console

fun while it lasted

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
New Bans
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(rastaman108037 @ Dec 26 2009, 04:22 PM) View Post

You don't have to be a "pirate" to back up your games. Like I said, it plays much much faster than regular disk playing or even the 360's hard drive install feature. There's plenty of ways to stop cheating that are employed on PC games, so I don't see why it can't be applied to the 360 without going banhammer on enthusiasts who just want faster load times. DRM has ruined the xbox.

Xbox LIVE is a closed system, with no need to implement additional checks allowing modified consoles access to the system.

If you played paintball all the time, and there was a guy that just showed up one day with a paintball gun that he modified to shoot shotgun shells.  Would you just let him play too or give him the boot?  He could shoot shotgun shells at every one, but he probably wouldn't.... right?

The majority of the messages in this thread show how misinformed everyone is. So concerned over the sanctity of their precious xbox live, when no cheating has occurred on the 360 to warrant such paranoia (unless you count developer mistakes like the javelin glitch).

Are you serious?  You cant possibly actually believe that there has been no cheating performed by owners of freeboot/xbr consoles.  

A little aside - there's nothing Microsoft has done against controller mods, like the rapid fire mod. They don't even try. But hey, obviously Microsoft isn't trying to delude gamers into thinking they're protecting them, instead of their wallets...

They tried and had limited success with COD....  that is a tough thing to deal with without crippling legit players.

rommy667

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »

What I dont get is why these ppl went on live with "homebrew" 360s in the first place every tut clearly says DO NOT GO ON LIVE & what do these ppl do? yep go on live LOL.............

BiN4RY^

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »

You kids must be quite goddamn stupid to go on XBL with a rebooter, especially with the phrase "DO NOT GO ON XBOX LIVE WITH XBR/FREEBOOT" floating everywhere.

Stop whining if you get banned, it's your own fault for failing to understand the risk and unable to cooperate with basic precautions

rastaman108037

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Dec 26 2009, 09:05 PM) View Post

Xbox LIVE is a closed system, with no need to implement additional checks allowing modified consoles access to the system.

If you played paintball all the time, and there was a guy that just showed up one day with a paintball gun that he modified to shoot shotgun shells.  Would you just let him play too or give him the boot?  He could shoot shotgun shells at every one, but he probably wouldn't.... right?
Are you serious?  You cant possibly actually believe that there has been no cheating performed by owners of freeboot/xbr consoles.  
They tried and had limited success with COD....  that is a tough thing to deal with without crippling legit players.

Most paintball places check to see if your gun is set too high before playing. Bad analogy since they actually DO check your guns. All thecode they'd have to implement would be to check the game that's running to see if it matches server data. Gets rid of cheaters and doesn't exclude people that want to play Halo and not wait a day for loading...

Freeboot has been out for what...3 months? XBR has been out for less. The only tools I have heard of are some map modification tools for Halo 3. Otherwise unless the four people who have XBR/Freeboot installed that understand linux/games made their own programs, I highly doubt there has been cheating as of yet.

I haven't been banned, but I don't agree with banning for this. Modifying dvd drives has really no other purpose than piracy and backups; this is much more than that. If the Xlink crowd weren't so small I'd have no qualms.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
New Bans
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(rastaman108037 @ Dec 26 2009, 09:13 PM) View Post

Most paintball places check to see if your gun is set too high before playing. Bad analogy since they actually DO check your guns.

But that is exactly my point.  If you want access to a service they provide, they reserve the right to check your gear at the door.  If it is non-compliant, they tell you to get lost.  It would be foolish at best for them to do any less.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »

Meh, it was only a matter of time.  Personally I think it is a step forward for the XBL service and I commend MS for doing this in a timely matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6