xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: New Bans  (Read 1064 times)

Jbonzo

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »

How did you guys even go online??

(for the fun of it) I unbanned my xbox and did the connection test, which worked but it wanted me to update (this is just the day after xbr release for xenon)

So you guys took the update or what?

Ps i did dont have the avatar update so maybe its that (how do you get that anyway smile.gif

EatonZ

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

Good. This kind of stuff should never be allowed online.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »

I certainly hope this is not a surprise to anyone. This is what they SHOULD prevent from connecting to LIVE. I've always felt that banning over backups was more of a scare tactic to inspire spending, but a hacked console can run unsigned code, and has all kinds of ways to allow cheating that would make the service suffer.

Besides, I'm sure there will be a way to use things like x-link with the hack, so there'll be no need to waste your money on a live subscription smile.gif

LtDan313

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »

I have been taking my profile on a memory card back and forth between my Jtag console and my unmodded console. I wonder if they will ban my unmodded console...

straps

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(LtDan313 @ Dec 26 2009, 12:59 PM) View Post

I have been taking my profile on a memory card back and forth between my Jtag console and my unmodded console. I wonder if they will ban my unmodded console...

I find it hard to believe that a person who has jtagged their xbox would say such a dumb thing

LtDan313

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(straps @ Dec 25 2009, 08:35 PM) View Post

I find it hard to believe that a person who has jtagged their xbox would say such a dumb thing

Sorry jackass. I just dont know because I have played NTSC-J games with a Modified region free default.XEX

SpikeMage

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »

Whats with all the xlink kai love? Has that service improved by leaps and bounds or something? No offense to the dev team because i know it's free and all but when I played Halo on it back in the day that shit was laaaaaaame. No one uses it, or at least no one used to, and it was lagy beyond the point of being playable\enjoyable. Have things changed or does it suck as bad as it ever did?

Also, sorry you've been banned and welcome to the club. sad.gif

The Dude Z

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »

I would have to assume it still works but I have to ask anyways.
Did they disable the Jtag from working on the system ?
Or does the homebrew still work for you after the ban?

Merry Christmas to all and to MS go to HELL !

tactical

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

I'm hoping this next year someone will figure out how to soft mod any 360 like we did with the xbox1.  This is only the beginning of the hacking like this and just like when xbox1 came out we had to do all type of stuff to get it to work, TSOP , mod chips, ... only after a few years did they figure out how to softmod it.  I have a few 360's that are banned and hope one day a way will be found to softmod it.  I'm glad all these cool mods are coming out , maybe modding the game files can produce a GAME that can softmod the 360's, I don't know, but I can hope.
Yeah, I'm also GLAD that MS was able to ban people that were using jtag 360's that were cheating.  I have regular 360 and I hated it when I saw cheating on MW2.  It's no fun for me to play with cheaters. So I do understand banning people who cheat.

RLD831

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »

I have my router set to block ports 3074 and 53 to my homebrew console. So far it seems as if it will stop my console from connecting to Live, while allowing for a connection to my network and to the internet. Is there any forseeable problem with this?

Originally I did this so I could set my profile to auto sign in without having to worry about accidently connecting to Live, but I'm sure some of the future applications for the 360 will allow it to connect to the internet for various reasons just as the original XBox did.

PerfectGun

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Dec 25 2009, 07:11 PM) View Post

I certainly hope this is not a surprise to anyone. This is what they SHOULD prevent from connecting to LIVE. I've always felt that banning over backups was more of a scare tactic to inspire spending, but a hacked console can run unsigned code, and has all kinds of ways to allow cheating that would make the service suffer.

Besides, I'm sure there will be a way to use things like x-link with the hack, so there'll be no need to waste your money on a live subscription smile.gif

The main drawback of Kai is the game needs to support System Link and not many devs are choosing to use it these days.  Unless I'm just behind the times and they have a way of playing w/o it?

akijikan

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »

Forgive my ignorance, but what's to stop anyone from restoring a NAND backup and going back on live

rastaman108037

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Dec 25 2009, 10:11 PM) View Post

This is what they SHOULD prevent from connecting to LIVE. I've always felt that banning over backups was more of a scare tactic to inspire spending, but a hacked console can run unsigned code, and has all kinds of ways to allow cheating that would make the service suffer.

Meh, due to the difficulty of the mod ( I assume us XBR folks barely number into the thousands, if that) I don't think it would be that much of a problem. There'll be a few that try to cheat, but very few.

I expected this so I never signed into Live. Though I would like to have a way to go on Live without having to get banned. I enjoy running games off an external hard drive. It's considerably faster than an HD install on the 360.

minus5252

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(RLD831 @ Dec 26 2009, 01:06 AM) View Post

I have my router set to block ports 3074 and 53 to my homebrew console. So far it seems as if it will stop my console from connecting to Live, while allowing for a connection to my network and to the internet. Is there any forseeable problem with this?

Originally I did this so I could set my profile to auto sign in without having to worry about accidently connecting to Live, but I'm sure some of the future applications for the 360 will allow it to connect to the internet for various reasons just as the original XBox did.

There is actually a setting under "Family Settings" I believe to disable connecting to Xbox live. I use this to be able to sign in automatically and stream music to my Xbox 360 without risk of signing into live.

I am not at home, but PM me if you have trouble finding this option.

Minus

1hotjob

• Archived User
New Bans
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »

I am a firm believer that if you cheat on LIVE you should be banned. That starts with a copy of a game and ends with rapid fire controllers. I have started playing more on LIVE and am getting better at the games. Love MW2. But if you have to cheat to beat me, I feel sorry for you.

Played last night and there was someone that had his name spelled out with the letters looking like the buttons on the controller. When asked about it he said it was a modded game. What else is modded? That is what kept me from playing MW1 online. People who take advantage of glitches and cheats should be banned.

That is my two cents.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6