xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Banned Xbox Live Users Class Action Investigation *Update*  (Read 4713 times)

death69inc

• Archived User
Banned Xbox Live Users Class Action Investigation *Update*
« Reply #360 on: November 27, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(gamemaster14 @ Nov 28 2009, 06:21 AM) View Post

Personally I look at it this way, by going on xbox live you are promising Microsoft that you will in no way modify their console, code or anything else. By modifying your firmware to play stolen games you are violating that agreement. I think Microsoft is in their rights to do whatever they want since you have broken the agreement. The give and they shall take away, if disabling your consoles online ability and removing all the features their FREE updates have provided you is what it takes then so be it.

Taking legal action against a company that you are stealing from makes no sense. It would be like stealing a dvd from a store then trying to take it back because you dont like it and then getting mad when they report you to the cops.

RMF

• Archived User
« Reply #361 on: November 29, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(cilo911 @ Nov 29 2009, 06:25 AM) View Post

i have a retail copy of every game i own

Yeah...of course you do  rolleyes.gif

DuBob4432

• Archived User
« Reply #362 on: November 29, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(gamemaster14 @ Nov 27 2009, 10:21 PM) View Post

Personally I look at it this way, by going on xbox live you are promising Microsoft that you will in no way modify their console, code or anything else. By modifying your firmware to play stolen games you are violating that agreement. I think Microsoft is in their rights to do whatever they want since you have broken the agreement. The give and they shall take away, if disabling your consoles online ability and removing all the features their FREE updates have provided you is what it takes then so be it.

Taking legal action against a company that you are stealing from makes no sense. It would be like stealing a dvd from a store then trying to take it back because you dont like it and then getting mad when they report you to the cops.

some things to ponder -
1 - you are assuming that every console MS banned was in fact modded
2 - the "free" updates that MS puts out are put into the console to boost their revenue and to fix issues w/ their console.
3 - you are assuming that the 360 never does anything wrong - ie - scratching discs, rrod

MS is at much at fault as anybody else for the fuabar'd situation that they are in now.  MS put a console that was from the beginning less than reliable in any sense of the word.  the fact that MS has changed the warranty is an admittance to this as they knew a class action lawsuit would be coming for the overheating issue.  it is only now, in theory, that the console is where it should have been from a product deployment standpoint - MS's numbers have been skewed since the beginning in their favor due to their failed design and numerous people buying numerous consoles.  now that their design is finally up to the task of the actually working as promised w/ no fear of a class action on that front have they now gone forward w/ this massive banning of "supposed" modded consoles - only problem is that nothing is 100% accurate so there will be "collateral damage", even if 10%, that is too many.  the latest numbers show that the general public is pretty fed up w/ MS methods and are going to different platforms.  i am not condoning piracy in any fashion, it is that MS has a pretty bad track record of doing anything accurately and sufficiently.

Sony's drop in price and current ad campaign is perfect timing for them and the numbers are beginning to show it.

coolfx

• Archived User
« Reply #363 on: December 30, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »

So if you went to a friends house and had your profile on a Memory Unit and played a few games but his console was banned. Then you went home and found your profile was corrupt and also the saves on your HDD (which you did not take) are also corrupted. So then you cannot use your profile or HDD saves etc. which also means you cannot play on live which you also payed for. You cannot use the profile as it will not show up, you cannot use the saves or even move them, even when using another profile. You lost countless hours (Fallout 3 for instance) and suffered, but your Console is not modded and you did nothing wrong.

You could also argue that their systems scratch discs, even without moving the console and Microsoft does not offer you any help in that area so you had no choice but to make backups rather that have the console destroy your games. Many people have children that jump up and down when playing games, or maybe they are autistic or handicapped in some way.

etc. etc.

C
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]