xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Xbox Boss Chris Lewis Defends Anti-Piracy Crackdown  (Read 1105 times)

hyperkine

• Archived User
Xbox Boss Chris Lewis Defends Anti-Piracy Crackdown
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(xrkahn76 @ Nov 14 2009, 07:08 PM) View Post

First off, I love seeing chancer's footprint on some kids face after stupid comments.

Second, none of this matters now!  New firmware, wont unban you, modding a new machine will get you caught again, and all the tears and crying in the world wont stop anyone- pirates or M$ from pushing forward as each sees fit.   MAN UP, you modded, you got banned!  END OF THAT STORY!

Third, M$ knows about scene, and they know everything we know, AND MORE!

I'm afraid M$ cooked that grenade you just picked up and it will blow up in your face before you even rear back to toss it!

Don't care anymore about live/bans as they got rid of halo 3 rocket race in matchmaking.  Been well over a year since I've played live multiplayer.

I do care they that fucked with my hardware, that they are so arrogant that they think they have the right to damage other people's hardware.  My god, they are so brazen that they put it in their TOS.

I have no way to directly offset the harm they've done, so I've gone the indirect route:

http://i38.tinypic.com/jq2fjm.jpg

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 14 2009, 11:34 AM) View Post

you really are a dreamer. Another pirate kiddie who thinks it is so cool to buck the system.
You really believeyou or the "we" you talk about will stop this banning and detection and "Rule Xbox Live"
Get a job, pay for your stuff and then come to terms with the fact that MS will blow you apart when and where they see fit.
I really doubt they are worried by childish rantings of the piracy promoters.

You are so delusional...it's really quite astounding.  And hypocritical.

Newsflash modman:  this entire site exists because people want to hack and then play pirated games.  That's it, that's all.  Forcing people to say "backups", pretending to be against piracy, it's all bullshit, and everyone knows it.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(hyperkine @ Nov 15 2009, 04:08 AM) View Post

Newsflash modman:  this entire site exists because people want to hack and then play pirated games.  That's it, that's all.  Forcing people to say "backups", pretending to be against piracy, it's all bullshit, and everyone knows it.

Coming from some one that joined just today.
You know this site was created for the xbox 1. And back in those days people weren't pirating stuff and the ones that did didnt use this site as it was for Home brew.
Had nothing to do with piracy and even if you were suspected of piracy you got banned.

Wish it was still like that.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »

Yup still got 1 un-banned xbox. It being the only one iv never had a backup in the tray while on live.

axess68

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »

And the boot-licking continues.....

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. In THIS country (US), you SHOULD be allowed to make one copy of a game you already own. The 360 has been known to damage discs (regardless of what the boot-licking fanboys say) and there has even been a class action lawsuit about it.  Sure, M$ now SAYS they will replace the discs damaged by their machine, but getting them to actually do what they say is like pulling teeth.

Also, this BS line about "protecting the online community" is just that: BS. If they were so concerned about protecting the users of LIVE and ensuring they have a satisfying online "experience", they would be getting rid of the people who use Lag Switches, people who mod controllers, and people who attack other people verbally online (threatening, etc). I have seen a lot of complaints get issued by friends (and myself) when we were playing CoD4 online and that kind of crap was going on. M$ pretty much did nothing. They want the revenue from the non-pirate customers (belligerent, threatening, cheating = no biggie as long as they're paying).

I'm not trying to single out M$ for being a greedy corporation. Pretty much ALL corporations are greedy and unfair to their customers in one way or another. M$ just excels at it. They are a company that was built on THEFT to begin with: Bill Gate stealing the Windows architecture from Unix, etc.  Don't believe me? Do some research and watch "Pirates of Silicon Valley".

In other countries, it is ok to make one backup for your own purposes. In the USA, nope. We're becoming more and more of a fascist, despotic country with each passing day (no matter WHO is President). I'm sure a lot of you who are outside the US would agree with that.

My views are:
Making a backup for your own use offline = yes. Going online with that backup = no (because games can be modified to allow cheating by certain savvy individuals).

Downloading games (Piracy) = no (Games are cheap enough now on the used racks at Gamestop, and other stores, that there really isn't a big excuse to pirate anymore. If I see a new game I want, I buy it. Period.  And if you do download stuff, have the sense to not run your mouth about it. )

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »

lmao, laughing is so good for de-stressing!  Thank you!

And lag switches!?  Last I checked, live was using ipsec now which would make using a lag switch difficult.  Then you have rapid fire blah blah blah!

Get over it, suck it up and move forward!

I can't believe I played a dozen games on xlink and then come back to see how many people are still in here posting their gripe!  It was so nice to play without screaming 12 year olds bragging every time they get a kill!  Ahhh silence!

axess68

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(fatvince @ Nov 15 2009, 08:10 AM) View Post

LIVE? Went on there for 1 hour.. nothing I can't do on my PC. USELESS.

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion. LIVE is overpriced. You're forced to endure advertisements. And you have to deal with a system that doesn't police cheaters and troublemakers if you want to play Multiplayer.  If I'm PAYING for a service, it better be punk-free, or the punks better be dealt with in a swift manner. They get their money from the troublemakers too. So, they won't do a thing about them.  No thanks, LIVE. I'll play elsewhere or not at all. And, I can get the same things on PSN (demos, Netflix, DLC, etc.) for FREE.

QUOTE(xrkahn76 @ Nov 15 2009, 08:23 AM) View Post

lmao, laughing is so good for de-stressing!  Thank you!

And lag switches!?  Last I checked, live was using ipsec now which would make using a lag switch difficult.  Then you have rapid fire blah blah blah!

Get over it, suck it up and move forward!

I can't believe I played a dozen games on xlink and then come back to see how many people are still in here posting their gripe!  It was so nice to play without screaming 12 year olds bragging every time they get a kill!  Ahhh silence!

Wow, there is no shortage of sanctimonious jackasses on here, is there.  rolleyes.gif What the heck has happened to this site?

It's funny how you idiots laugh at people who make sense while you spout nonsense. It's like you're stuck on stupid.

People are still using Lag Switches. Go look on youtube, genius.

ALSO, do a web search on "How to get a host/lock on MW2". There are guides on how to screw with the servers on consoles and use lag switches.  Do some research before you open your mouth and insert your shoe in it.

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2009, 01:55:00 AM »

Right and there are also people selling unbanning service on craig's list!  I guess you told me Mr. gullible

axess68

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(pookiepoo @ Nov 15 2009, 09:08 PM) View Post

So wait xbox live doesn't use dedicated servers... what on earth are microsoft being paid for then?

You're paying to view ads and have the privilege of playing on their amazing system. Don't you feel blessed?

Like I said before, they have NOTHING that PSN doesn't already have.

Even less in fact.

FreqNasty

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(death69inc @ Nov 13 2009, 12:55 AM) View Post

2nd non modded console banned
and yet agian they wont tell me why
this is bull  halo and elite both banned and they seem to think its ok
no firmware mods no 3rd part hdd
only thing is a rrod fix nad a fan upgrade on my elite and it was banned today @&@)*$&@)$@!*$&@$

bro, you are using harsh language while on Live tongue.gif

death69inc

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(dragonranger @ Nov 12 2009, 11:43 PM) View Post

what is the thing that M$ try to protect those Legit XBL gamers from?
HOw does it protect them by banning modded console?

no
have a 5 start rating
no complaints filed etc
no temp bans nothing

but when you tell them you do not have it modded then they go into there spill language and hardware mods can cause it also

yet he has stood there and siad it si a piracy stop out etc yet others are getting banned  there is a case where a guy bought a mw2 360 on tuesday and was banned on thursday unmodded

QUOTE(FreqNasty @ Nov 16 2009, 07:18 PM) View Post

bro, you are using harsh language while on Live tongue.gif
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]