xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Xbox Boss Chris Lewis Defends Anti-Piracy Crackdown  (Read 1106 times)

AllSewnUp

• Archived User
Xbox Boss Chris Lewis Defends Anti-Piracy Crackdown
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »

Stop causing all this craziness for everyone?  STFU. Idiot.

We all appreciate the work c4eva and guys like him do and if you don't then you are a retard.  If c4e is anything like me he keeps doing this just to prove that he can.  Piracy will never stop.

Stupid people are generally afraid of opening a console in my experience.

I think the biggest problem is people can pay to get their consoles modded for as little as $20.  That inflates the numbers and inflates exposure.  More exposure equals more scrutiny, and so on.

Microsoft really feels like they have won this one........That will make it even sweeter when all is well again.

Nothing wrong with buying games....it is just that most games aren't worth buying.

CocoaPistolero

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(rossmac @ Nov 12 2009, 05:08 PM) View Post

Rising prices of games caused by others not purchasing it?

And on the front page of this site, 2 million people logged into LIVE to play Modern Warfare 2.  Were you being sarcastic?  Because from what I can see, this industry is growing larger every day and good games are massively popular and profitable no matter how many pirates there are.  Just my $0.02

pinkerton

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Artlover @ Nov 13 2009, 12:41 AM) View Post

In my nearly 30 decades of doing this junk, I have never seen a scene so over-populated with people that don't deserve the privilage as I have in this generation.

WOW! That must make you over 300 years old!  laugh.gif

CocoaPistolero

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Artlover @ Nov 12 2009, 07:41 PM) View Post

Gamecube only proved what the pirates were saying all along, that they never would have bought the game to begin with. Thus, no loss, as no sale=no sale, regardless of circumstances.

It proved it by selling as many consoles as the Xbox1 did, yet had the same attach rate despite having 0% piracy for nearly it's entire lifespan, atleast the first 4 years of it. IE: Same size user base + pirated up the ying-yang vs no piracy at all and game sales were equal between the two.

No argument that that is the way it used to be for so long.

The problem is you and many others seem to be niave about how small a number piracy is today. Casual piracy is on the rise. I speak as someone who has been in groups, had my own groups and been invovled in the scenes going as far back as the C64 & A800 days of the early 80's. Doing this stuff longer then many users here have even been alive. As I said in the other thread, piracy is on the rise, and sadly, it's on the rise amung those 'stupid' people as you call them (I call them idiots myself) because the sceners have been going out of their way this console generation to make it as easy as possible for everyone. Besides, if someone is still too stupid to do it themselves, they can just get their smart friend to do it, or send it off with $50 and have it done for them. Which they are doing. (Which I guess really says alot about the average intelligence of people because the 360 is like the second easiest system ever to mod).

In my nearly 30 decades of doing this junk, I have never seen a scene so over-populated with people that don't deserve the privilage as I have in this generation. It's patheitc, and I'm pretty disgusted with the way things are now a days. I'm not going to switch sides and join the likes of MS or anything, nor do I approve of their tactics. But honestly, I completely sympathize with them and understand why they are pushing back as hard as they are and don't exactly disagree. The scene needs a reality check and a mass purging, and this isn't exactly a bad way to accomplish that.

I don't get what you're saying...  Piracy isn't l33t enough anymore?

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »

GO MS GET ALL THE PIRATES OFF OUR SERVERS!!!!

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »

for them to corrupt our gamer profile and saved games from a console that was banned is wrong. doing so, they just assume that every game played on that console was pirated. this isnt always the case with everyone who was banned.
although that data can be recovered using an unbanned xbox, if you put that hdd back in the banned one, your stuff gets messed up again. so they have gone too far... making the banned xbox more or less unusable.

ill buy a cheap 20gb hdd from ebay solely for my banned xbox. ill use a new gamerprofile and only play games on that one that i dont plan on every going online with. for me, thats fine. but for many others who want all their saves and achievement points on one hdd, under one gamer profile, i totally understand how this can really suck.

danked

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »

I'm I the only one that think greed is worst the piracy ?

Miguell

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »

Fuck You MS you will never stop PIRATE. WINDOWS have been ALWAYS OURS..

all you have is just xboxlive..

but one day soon we will rule it
XBOX LIVE TO

suck in my finger:

..I..

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »

yeah yeah, you're real tough!  no stuff it and get on XLINK KAI!

moddr8oy

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »

Personally I think m$ have shot themselves right up thier own arse! These so called pirates that download some of the shitty games that are released actually spend money and buy DLC. They would never have bought the game but lined m$ pockets. That must be worth a fortune to them, and they have just thrown that money away. me and most of my friends got banned and I am the only one who has bothered to get a new console(bought with what i charge to mod consoles lol). Thats about 20 people i know that wont renew xbox live or buy DLC. But they are quite happy with thier banned consoles. I mean why should people pay £45 for modern warfare 2 when they complete it within 2 days. I see somewhere that project natal is due to be released next November but I will be surprised to see xbox 360 available next November. Well done m$ they still think we chip our consoles lol

fatvince

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(rossmac @ Nov 12 2009, 11:08 PM) View Post

Rising prices of games caused by others not purchasing it?

Ah.. So the Playstation 3 has really cheap games because there's no piracy? Gotcha!

rolleyes.gif

axess68

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »

Wow.  M$ certainly has a lot of bootlickers that keep their soles of their shoes squeaky clean!

It's very odd to see it on a site that openly advertises products that enable modding, etc.

Perhaps there is a lot of hypocrisy going on. Maybe they're afraid the big bad M$ Evil Empire is going to send the underpants gnomes after them. Since it sure looks like the Underpants Gnomes built the first 360's. wink.gif

jester.gif  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif

coolrail

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »

My 2 cents to m$. Fix ur piece of crap that u call a console. If your piece of crap didnt scratch our disks that we bought from you we might not have to back them up. Its funny how ive had many pc dvd drives and not one of them ever scratch one disk. This is just by chance? I think not!! Its because you want the user to by the game over and over $. Then there is your three rings of death that you came to fix. Well my cousin just bought a console this year and guess what three rings. I bought a new elite and guess what three rings. All just a scam to put more money in your pockets. I have a nes that still is going strong to this day. So if a pirate takes a little from ur pocket or someone backs there disk up so they still have a options to play games that ur laser on ur dvd drive scratches. I dont feel sorry for u. I say SUCK IT microsoft I wont buy your console anymore!!

Nemesis2007

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »

I would like to rule out that theory of them banning you with playing backups offline.
Currently i'm running Ixtreme 1.61 BenQ played GTA:EFLC offline.
Then go on live with original halo 3 and shadowrun= no ban.
just wait patiently for lite touch c4eva has and will pull it off.
I say if you play backups offline like MW2 before release date
i would see how they could get you for offline line play by
achievement dates and such thats just my two cents

not-banned

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »

Saw this in another forum...makes sense to me.

Everybody I know who was banned has already bought at least one more since.

They are true examples of piracy costing the industry. The only reason they weren't buying games is because they didn't have to, and while they certainly wouldn't have bought half the games they downloaded, the fact that they rushed out to buy new consoles and games to go along with them the minute they got banned proves that MS was losing revenue by allowing them to be on Live.

I myself have no interest in actually paying for games and would simply find something else to do if given no other option. But people like me probably make up less than 10% of the total number of 360 gamers with modded consoles, so the argument that MS should leave modded consoles alone to continue getting revenue from subscriptions and DLC is completely retarded.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6