xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Microsoft Confirms 600k-1M Banned Consoles?  (Read 970 times)

MrX_Cuci

• Archived User
Microsoft Confirms 600k-1M Banned Consoles?
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »

Forget the theory of MW2 already, never played it! All fine until today. Two of my friends in the neighbourhood got banned Sunday. Today was my turn.

Got a strange message yesterday though about some of the functions being disabled temporarily, but could still play online and chat with freinds. (that's what the message stated on XBL) Forgot to write down the error code though 807something. (if I remember correctly) I used the activate ISO while not being signed in for the first time today, might have triggered something. Didn't play that game signed in though.

the_freedman

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »

Just been banned myself, been logging onto xbox live every day since, boom my turn.

1.6 iXtreme Lite on, no wave 4, no boot disk. I'm gonna run with random bannings and they can detect bad rips.

I'm right in thinking abgx can't update a burnt disk? it does look it's updating it though.

xboxpirate11

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(the_freedman @ Nov 13 2009, 12:46 AM) View Post

Just been banned myself, been logging onto xbox live every day since, boom my turn.

1.6 iXtreme Lite on, no wave 4, no boot disk. I'm gonna run with random bannings and they can detect bad rips.

I'm right in thinking abgx can't update a burnt disk? it does look it's updating it though.

i been reading and reading everywhere on the net about this ban hammer.

c4eva says it cant be detected but who knows that for sure... i've read cases where a fresh modded system got bann'd  too.

i modded a liteON with 1.6 and it never seen a copied game in its life and still running on LIVE no problem.  so this makes me think about what people are claiming online.  

someone should make a online survey with a couple simple questions like drive type, firmware version and other common questions and have some kind of graph calculated so we can see what pulls in numbers of reason why people are gettin bann'd

dokworm

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »

Okay, so, sacrificial goat number two is now online.

A new Jasper, with the liteon that doesn't require the probe to hack it.

Flashed using jungleflasher and powered from the PC, not the 360.

Never had a disc put in its tray, I'm leaving it on 24/7 to see what happens.

Just to recap, my previous experiment was to flash a 360 the same way, except only play original games. It got banned.

So we will see if this one bites the dust, anyone else want to so some actual testing here? I'll go broke if I keep this up  ;^)

JBmtk

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(dokworm @ Nov 12 2009, 06:31 PM) View Post

Okay, so, sacrificial goat number two is now online.

A new Jasper, with the liteon that doesn't require the probe to hack it.

Flashed using jungleflasher and powered from the PC, not the 360.

Never had a disc put in its tray, I'm leaving it on 24/7 to see what happens.

Just to recap, my previous experiment was to flash a 360 the same way, except only play original games. It got banned.

So we will see if this one bites the dust, anyone else want to so some actual testing here? I'll go broke if I keep this up  ;^)

#1 360:

Jasper - Lite-on - ixtreme1.61
Played only originals
Flashed using homebrew supplies
NOT banned
Played a few days ago

#2 360:
Jasper -Lite-on -ixtreme 1.61
Played backups and originals
NOT banned
Have not played on in at least 6 weeks

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(JBmtk @ Nov 13 2009, 02:58 AM) View Post

#1 360:

Jasper - Lite-on - ixtreme1.61
Played only originals
NOT banned
Played a few days ago

#2 360:
Jasper -Lite-on -ixtreme 1.61
Played backups and originals
NOT banned
Have not played on in at least 6 weeks

Where did you get ixtream 1.61 for the liteon.

Lugnut

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »

dokworm  

I have 2 systems that ran everything identical including games up to just before wave 3 came out ( whenever that was i cant remember). 1 system then was updated to 1.51 and the other sat in the closet.  The system that has been up to date is now banned.

However the system that hasnt gotten any updates since just before wave 3 was reflashed back to stock ( benq)  and then connected to live and has been fine since the weekend.

raine13

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »

I got banned today..liteon 1.6   always signed it first w/o a disc in the tray then i used the boot disc..played mw2 since tuesday... even played today...it sucks but oh well.i've got my fair share of fun the past 2 years

tactical

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »

I'm thinking that MS should have master list of consoles that are banned and should publish it.
I'm thinking this is good for us, this is good for checking before you buy a second hand 360.
I know I would be upset if I bought a used 360 and found out later it was banned.
This would be good for us because if the console was banned we wouldn't have to go online to be banned and save hard drive functions.

Skevsnok

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

A friend got his RROD 360 replaced by ms, he wanted to flash it but I didn't have time to help him out. The only game he had was MW2 witch he played on Xbox Live. The DVD drive in the replacement unit was a Hitachi-LG (47).

So either ms is able to find out what you are thinking of doing with your 360 or they are shooting in the dark hoping of hitting a modded 360 since there is a lot of them out there.

It's just like on those training games for the police where bad guys pops up. There are mostly bad guys but there also are girls with lollipops or grandmas with their dogs. However MS doesn't care if they shoot a little girl or a grandma.

I am 100% sure he didn't do anything to his 360 since he's not very tehnical. He needs help to change the date on his 360. The warranty sticker was there and no backups would start on his 360.

We called microsft but after giving them the Serial number they didn't really want to talk to us. They couldn't even answer why his 360 was banned. They said he most have done something wrong but the only thing he did was to play the MW2.

It's really clever of them to cut of all the people that have been banned, because then the innocent ones can't do a thing.

So everybody thinking they are safe since they didn't flash their 360, think again. If ms ban your 360 there isn't a thing you can do. Ms is the Jury Judge and Executioner. Maybe 9 of 10 people are guilty but Ms don't give a s..h..t about the 1 of 10 that isn't.

I believe Ms discovered they can't make an omlett without breaking some eggs and they do it happily.....

thecrazierz

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »

its wierd, i got the e74 error 2 weeks before the ban and so did my friend....we fixed it ourselves and were both banned this week. It is the only factor that seperates us from our other buddy who isnt banned...yet... But i read on some online polls that the e74 error rate has gone up...since its a poll its not very reliable i think....but then MS also increased the warrenty to 3 yrs for the e74....

i know they might be banning people for different criterias and maybe the e74 was a trap to see if we ship it to them for repair or repair it ourselves...which in itself i dont think justifies a ban but it proves we open our xboxes and if we were already flagged....

just some speculations

Flux84

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(thecrazierz @ Nov 13 2009, 05:03 AM) View Post

its wierd, i got the e74 error 2 weeks before the ban and so did my friend....we fixed it ourselves and were both banned this week. It is the only factor that seperates us from our other buddy who isnt banned...yet... But i read on some online polls that the e74 error rate has gone up...since its a poll its not very reliable i think....but then MS also increased the warrenty to 3 yrs for the e74....

i know they might be banning people for different criterias and maybe the e74 was a trap to see if we ship it to them for repair or repair it ourselves...which in itself i dont think justifies a ban but it proves we open our xboxes and if we were already flagged....

just some speculations

Thats weird...I just got that error last week also...but rebooted and everything was fine. I have yet to be banned (knock on wood) but haven't checked again in the past 5 hours or so

thecrazierz

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2009, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(thecrazierz @ Nov 12 2009, 08:03 PM) View Post

just some speculations

forgot to mention....never played any pre-release, had a hitachi with 1.5 i think, the lastest for hitachi, only played gears of war  sad.gif tripple experience week couldnt have come at a worse time... and all games were verified through abgx

chiablo

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »

Logged in just now and found that I have been banned.

iXtreme Lite-on 1.6 (flashed with connectivity kit)

I have never played a Wave4 game
I have only played two backups on Xbox Live (CoD:WaW and GTA4,) and even then it was for less than a month.
The few games I play offline are all ABGX verified.
I did play Beatles Rock Band prior to the release date, although I was not connected to Xbox Live at the time, I have a feeling that this flagged my account and caused me to get banned upon connection.

I'm not horribly upset, since I didn't play on Live anyway.  So the only loss is on Microsoft's behalf since now I will not be buying any more DLC or XBLA content from them.

Sadly, this means that I will need to purchase Modern Warfare 2 on PC in order to get my multiplayer fix.  sad.gif

HaredX

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2009, 12:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(chiablo @ Nov 13 2009, 05:58 AM) View Post

I have never played a Wave4 game
I have only played two backups on Xbox Live (CoD:WaW and GTA4,) and even then it was for less than a month.

You are aware that both of those games are Wave4 right?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6