xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Rumour: Insider says MS Plans to Ban 1M Console  (Read 2743 times)

mitsu50

• Archived User
Rumour: Insider says MS Plans to Ban 1M Console
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »

well just got the Ban Hammer here to.... sad.gif
Hitachi drive 1.51 FW
never played any early releases, thought all games were ok through abgx. Cant be 100% sure without checking the discs. one other console i modded is also banned. Waiting to here back on another concole up north. we are in Florida. The systems were working fine this past weekend....
Oh well, guess you take this chance once you crack it open.

kcfusion13

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »

The one way to see if it was the firmware is if people who ripped their own games were banned too.

azuziel

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »

Oh well, checked warranty status eariler, all was well. Checked now, service unavailable. Check live, and yep, banned. Well, off to eb games, used console, new gamertag, and oh yea, a ps3 for my legit titles. I can actually say now, I have 32 retail titles I will be trading in for a ps3. My mod was because i called ms for a replacement disc after their shitty system ate a brand new disc, only to be accused of knocking over my console and they wantd 25 bucks. well, I modded, downloaded, and played. Now they can have the 32 retail titles back (which should more than pay for my ps3) and I can play some uncharted 2.

been a blast, off to ps3-scene smile.gif

Mr N

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Charbless @ Nov 11 2009, 01:34 AM) View Post

Microsoft this year when it comes to 360 have turned in to right d**ks and have shown all they care about is profit.

bumping console price up in uk
banning people and refusing to say why
discontinuing 60gb pro (even if under year warranty stores refuse these by ms orders)

If the 1million figure is correct which I would say it may even be low it would make sense eliminate the pre own market of old consoles and dont have to cover your 3 year for rrod so they dont have to deal with 1million plus consoles when they break.

Microsoft is a publicly traded company, not some person. Their number one goal, as with any business of any kind, is profit.

The simple truth is that MS is banning people because people are pirating games. Most people with modded FW are downloading games illegally. Not only that, but some play early and post endings online and whatnot. What makes me laugh, though, is that people think MS can't detect firmware or so called "stealth backups".

pinkerton

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(azuziel @ Nov 11 2009, 12:52 AM) View Post

been a blast, off to ps3-scene smile.gif

Shame, PS3-scene hasnt been updated for months!

nozafuji1

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »

And this is why I went out and bought myself a new arcade w/ MW2 today. Not gonna even bother modding it. Better to just play legit from this point on IMO. I think this is headed to a point where people are simply going to have to choose between backups or live. Was a good run though.

azuziel

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(pinkerton @ Nov 10 2009, 08:02 PM) View Post

Shame, PS3-scene hasnt been updated for months!

LOL, that was a quick trip! Nah, I broke the TOS, fine. I get it. It's the "why" i broke the TOS that irks me. I will still re-mod, just for other reasons than I did originally. My PS3 will be my retail solution.

nozafuji1

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Charbless @ Nov 10 2009, 05:34 PM) View Post

Microsoft this year when it comes to 360 have turned in to right d**ks and have shown all they care about is profit.

bumping console price up in uk
banning people and refusing to say why
discontinuing 60gb pro (even if under year warranty stores refuse these by ms orders)

If the 1million figure is correct which I would say it may even be low it would make sense eliminate the pre own market of old consoles and dont have to cover your 3 year for rrod so they dont have to deal with 1million plus consoles when they break.

You can't really fault Microsoft for doing what any business would do. Plain and simple people are stealing their product, and they're taking action to prevent it. The bottom line for any business is to make money. If you owned a store for example, and it was continually being broken into by thieves, would you just let it keep happening, or would you invest in some type of a security system?

Yeah, say what you want about Microsoft. They do run a pretty shitty business. Most of their products do suck. The Windows operating systems are always garbage, the 360 has the worst failure rate of any console I've ever seen, but at the end of the day that's no justification for stealing games and than complaining when Microsoft does something about it.

phistyle

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr N @ Nov 10 2009, 06:54 PM) View Post

Microsoft is a publicly traded company, not some person. Their number one goal, as with any business of any kind, is profit.

The simple truth is that MS is banning people because people are pirating games. Most people with modded FW are downloading games illegally. Not only that, but some play early and post endings online and whatnot. What makes me laugh, though, is that people think MS can't detect firmware or so called "stealth backups".

exactly...and the majority of people won't understand that concept that their goal is to make money...most of the bans threads you see on here is a bunch of posts of crybabies that don't know any better thinking microsoft is screwing them over when in fact they voided any warranty when they opened up their xbox and modded/flashed their console...microsoft have every right to do what it takes to protect its intellectual property...and just watch...this thread post count will jump up quick with people coming in here crying F**K MS and the like...wait for it....

kakaboy

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »

Ok so the theory is the FW is not detected , so if thats the case why is there a new FW being created .

If it is the improper use of ABGX or flaws in the program itself dont we need to sort that side of things out first ?

If we cant create decent stealthed rips then no point in even modding your console . Unless you want to play offline in that case you can use any of the older xtreme FW's , except for liteons off course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by kakaboy: Nov 11 2009, 02:12 AM

skyliner99

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »

I find it funny how M$ is banning consoles thus forcing people to go buy new ones when in fact M$ loses money on the consoles and makes it on games. Therefore they are going to have to take the hit of selling, lets say, a million consoles to banned people (i know this is unrealistic), only to have them still not buy games, im sorry "backup" games.

haha its all good tho.

-sky

azuziel

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(phistyle @ Nov 10 2009, 08:09 PM) *

microsoft have every right to do what it takes to protect its intellectual property...

Short of breaking the law I'm sure you mean. I'm not crying over spilt milk at all. I get it. What I don't get, is why folks like yourself are here flying the dirty pirate flag, rubbing noses in it. couldnt be further form the truth. As I said, I modded my console to replace a backup of a game, I waited a YEAR for on pre-order only to have the POS scratch the shit out of it within the first 10 minutes I played it. Then their response is purchase another copy? like i said, no more whining. Done with it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

RedXIII70

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(phistyle @ Nov 10 2009, 09:09 PM) View Post

this thread post count will jump up quick with people coming in here crying F**K MS and the like...wait for it....

F**K MS and the like. At least I got Windows 7 for nothing. Am I right? muhaha.gif

azuziel

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(RedXIII70 @ Nov 10 2009, 08:16 PM) View Post

F**K MS and the like. At least I got Windows 7 for nothing. Am I right? muhaha.gif

blink.gif  why though, that sucks too

pinkerton

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(skyliner99 @ Nov 11 2009, 01:14 AM) View Post

M$ loses money on the consoles and makes it on games.
-sky

MS (and sony) started to make profit on the consoles along time ago, was only the first year or so they sold at a loss. They have been chipping at the costs since launch.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16