xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dashboard Updates Still Possible On Banned Consoles  (Read 200 times)

amble

• Archived User
Dashboard Updates Still Possible On Banned Consoles
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(mooch49 @ Nov 8 2009, 06:01 PM) View Post

has anybody who has been banned tried downloading dashboard updates through xbox.com and then were able to install it on disabled hard drive. this would be key in being able to play future wave ? games.

AFAIK, it doesn't install to the optional HDD but into the console itself. Still a valid question thought, although all we can really do is try and reapply the existing one until a new one comes out.

Actually just thought, if this was the case, we would have heard ages ago - am sure people have had banned consoles in previous waves they've kept to play backups.

mooch49

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »

i actually just tried. i installed the hard drive to my pc via the adapter and i used a program called xport360. it recognized the drive but all the folders were empty. very odd. i also tried booting from a usb with the latest firmware, didn't update. so it looks like a negative. i'll keep testing though.

mooch49

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »

i guess the 360 hdd wasn't in all the way. now the program sees all partitions, profiles, and saves. i assume if you want to update, then i would just replace ssystem update folder. can someone confirm that. thanks.

punkerman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »

To my understandment you can, guys who don't have internet also need to download dash updates. That's why they put it somewhere, though no idea were. Dashboard updates is one thing though, I'm not talking about title updates.