xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Original Ms Firmware Restore  (Read 352 times)

elnutsack

• Archived User
Original Ms Firmware Restore
« on: February 03, 2020, 12:42:00 AM »

I asked this in a few of the threads but got no response...

I have a 360 thats flashed... and not banned (yet)... if I restore the original factory firmware does anyone know if this may help not getting banned? The system is only a few weeks out of a repair from microsoft and had a MB replacement...  mainly used for netflix.

I heard some people say that MS has been keeping track of consoles over a period of time. Any validity to this?

Does anyone have any thoughts on putting the original firmware back on? any success stories or failure stories?

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:44:00 AM »

If your going to get banned they already have you on a list. Changing to orignal will not change that fact.
Also if you have liteon there is no orignal firmware for that.
Dummy isnt a firmware its just a file that has info in a padded file like the firmware would to make it more friendly with flashing programs that check file size.

elnutsack

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 12:50:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I got 2 of my 3 consoles banned and just got this new one that hasn't been banned yet. All three are modded. I wanted to try and keep one of my 3 systems able to go on live, for L4D2 and MW2. I did use the unbanned one today to restore the one gamertag that got corrupted on the first ban. It was fine when I hooked the HDD up and recovered it from live. I turned it off after that and unhooked it, really spooked to go back online with it...

skilo100

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:20:00 AM »

I reverted back to original firmware from ixtreme 1.5.1 hitachi and haven't been banned yet since yesterday. Before I did it I haven't been online since before banwave started so I'm keeping fingers crossed.

elnutsack

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 10:59:00 AM »

I might give it a shot then, worse case I will get banned...

PRiME2008

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 10:06:00 PM »

you will close to brick your console with key features disabled, including no saving games or achievements or hdd access.. bricked.

DiscoveryX360

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 10:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(PRiME2008 @ Nov 9 2009, 12:06 AM) View Post

you will close to brick your console with key features disabled, including no saving games or achievements or hdd access.. bricked.

the only thing that's disabled is HD installs and obviously no Live.

pershy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 04:57:00 AM »

My plan is to restore my BenQ firmware, remove hard drive with all saves and games and put fresh memory unit inside. I wonder if this can protect me from ban on Live?

Ev0lv3

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(pershy @ Nov 10 2009, 12:57 PM) View Post

My plan is to restore my BenQ firmware, remove hard drive with all saves and games and put fresh memory unit inside. I wonder if this can protect me from ban on Live?

This is my plan too. Just wondering if the "normal places" have the stock FW for these drives as well as the ixtreme ones.

pershy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ev0lv3 @ Nov 10 2009, 06:59 PM) View Post

This is my plan too. Just wondering if the "normal places" have the stock FW for these drives as well as the ixtreme ones.

Luckily I got my original firmware. But still i'm afraid to connect to Live. Worse there wasn't any memory unit at my local store.

CHLSE

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

I asked à re investigation on my ban. M$ want to cooperate in that. So they Will check
my console again. Of nothing found they can undo the ban. It
i put original f/w back and Then let m$ check THE console are there any traces left then. I played pre release games but never online so no dates are adder to THE achievements. Hopefully i have my origin f/w been so long ago that i modded this baby. Can you download orig f/w have à benq now...

Sorry for strange words. Just my iPhone correcting words to dutch words.. Aasrgghh

Grtz

pershy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 03:39:00 AM »

Has anyone tried to restore firmware and then connect to Live (with/out hard drive)?
Any volunteers?

Derfuhrer

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 04:44:00 AM »

My mate was banned last Sun. I was fine that day, havn't connected since,flashed back to stock tonight and tried to connect....BANNED!
For the record i never played Wave 4, pre-release or unverified non stealth iso's. It seems MS are able to detect modified firmware and/or patch data from abgx... :|
Benq 1.6...live in Australia

You are either banned or not...simple as that. If you try to find out you will get the answer like me..hehe

thehump2001

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 05:36:00 AM »

I was loving my new Jasper and then everyone got banned. It's flagged on the support site.

Luckily, I had a RROD Falcon that hadn't been used since the first week of August (maybe 1 early release and all backups). I heat gunned it last night, reverted the FW back to stock (even though its a MS25 spoofed as Hitachi 47). And badaboom played MW2 all night. Used a formatted HDD w/ a new gamertag.

So now my Jasper sits there waiting for something to do. Hopefully the new FW will pass the checks....

xbrandon

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 06:36:00 AM »

I returned my 1.61 benq back to stock and put my key in the fw.  as far as i've read it seems a TON of ppl are flagged, im about to check my status online but as of last night on XBL playing retail (on the said benq) MW2 i was okay
Pages: [1] 2