xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Uncorrupt Your Hdd Files After Ban!  (Read 986 times)

Mavster

• Archived User
Uncorrupt Your Hdd Files After Ban!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(karmatikal @ Nov 8 2009, 12:18 PM) *

I went ahead and did the update after backing up my drive.

It didn't seem to affect anything, I can load my profile and my game saves.

Am ok to assume that playing on this XBOX offline with my profile should be ok since I didn't have any corruption?  

To sum it up, I got banned, but didn't load any games or do anything with the console after getting the message.

Yeap, you're good to go. Because you didn't access the saves after being banned you dodged a bit of a bullet.

di4medollaz

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »

Im just wondering if i were to buy a xbox360 hard drive transfer kit and save a backup bin image of my hardrive on my pc would i be able to recover my game saves on my banned console?

Also lets say i get banned , will i still be able to pop a game in the banned console and continue my game from the last save point or will it be corrupted?

Mavster

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(di4medollaz @ Nov 8 2009, 06:42 PM) View Post

Im just wondering if i were to buy a xbox360 hard drive transfer kit and save a backup bin image of my hardrive on my pc would i be able to recover my game saves on my banned console?

Also lets say i get banned , will i still be able to pop a game in the banned console and continue my game from the last save point or will it be corrupted?

Saves don't really get "corrupted", they become locked to the banned console. After your console is banned you can continue playing them as normal, but any attempt to transfer them to an unbanned console will result in them being reported as "corrupt" on the new machine.

Zomb!e

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 12:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(legendofninny @ Nov 8 2009, 02:25 PM) View Post

So all saves that i haven't loaded since getting banned are fine.
If i would move my HDD to a new console and of course recover my gamertag the saves would be fine and accessible, but once that HDD is move back to the banned console things will get corrupted.

Yes.  All saves that haven't been loaded are fineon an unbanned 360.  As soon as you see a banned message (if you do) shut off the console immediately and disconnect the HDD.  You shouldn't have to recover your GT if you do this. The HDD should work fine on a new console.  But if you put the HDD back on the banned console and access anything, it gets locked to the banned console showing as corrupt on any other 360.

QUOTE(legendofninny @ Nov 8 2009, 02:25 PM) View Post

I'll use my recovered gamertag for live play.
And on my banned console i'll play bac-ups.

I just don't know for sure if it is possible to use that same profile for live play on one console and for back-up play on my banned console. i think it would be possible since my banned console (ofcourse) won't connect to live.

It's not possible to use the same profile.  Well it is, but all of your progress and achievements will not show on your unbanned console.  Anything you play on the banned console won't show up when you recover your GT on the unbanned unit. So it's pointless.  It's best to just create a new profile on the banned 360 if you're going to use it for backups.

legendofninny

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »

OK thanks thats what i wanted to hear.

Kloud

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 01:41:00 AM »

I think now would be a good time to change your settings to "boot to dashboard", rather than "boot game".

ps2asker

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »

I just plugged in my 120GB HDD into my new 360 and to my surprise my profile was not corrupt and neither was the only save I had loaded since the ban. Strange no?

BANNED!!

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »

if i buy two new xbox 360 and modd one of them and keep that one offline and only use it for backups then take my hard drive and put it on a non modded internet connected xbox to upload my achievements and download material, is there a way ms can corrupt my profile? or is it they can only corrupt it if the modded xbox is online?  Do we know how they ban modded boxes?  can it only be banned through it being connect to live or can they do it somehow throught my hard drive since i will be transfering it from one box to the other?

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(BANNED!! @ Nov 9 2009, 04:06 PM) View Post

if i buy two new xbox 360 and modd one of them and keep that one offline and only use it for backups then take my hard drive and put it on a non modded internet connected xbox to upload my achievements and download material, is there a way ms can corrupt my profile? or is it they can only corrupt it if the modded xbox is online?  Do we know how they ban modded boxes?  can it only be banned through it being connect to live or can they do it somehow throught my hard drive since i will be transfering it from one box to the other?

i think that is what several people are planning on doing AND there are people who have claimed to be banned this way, but this is not a confirmed consequence of sharing a 360 hdd yet

am0k

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 04:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(Zomb!e @ Nov 9 2009, 07:34 AM) View Post

Yes.  All saves that haven't been loaded are fine on an unbanned 360.  As soon as you see a banned message (if you do) shut off the console immediately and disconnect the HDD.  You shouldn't have to recover your GT if you do this. The HDD should work fine on a new console.  But if you put the HDD back on the banned console and access anything, it gets locked to the banned console showing as corrupt on any other 360.
This is interesting. It suggests that the profile/saves themselves are changed by the banned console--ie they are signed/flagged as belonging to a banned console.

Other people have suggested that every console carries a ban list and if your profile/saves are signed by a console on the ban list, they will appear as "corrupted" on any other console. This can't be true (or if it is, it can only be true in limited circumstances). Which makes sense because maintaining and referencing a full ban list every time you load a profile or save is insane.

rodpad

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 05:12:00 AM »

So am I correct in that any gamesaves that haven't been loaded will infact work fine on another console that is unbanned?

If not, I am otherwise confused by the method in the OP. It's not stated which console is being used when, ie the banned or unbanned.

I presume a step was missed at the very start where he transferred his profile from the HDD to the memory card?

quitow

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »

The only thing FATGUTS did was recover its gamertag from Live and put in an MU.

The only question i have is: everybody is talking about ZOMG MY HDD IS CORRUPTED OH NOEZ, but does a memory unit get corrupted too?

The idea that i have is quite simple actually: copy all my saves and my gamertag to a MU and put to an unbanned console. If it works, i'll just reformat my HDD and transfer everything from my MU to it. In my opinion, it's the only chance of keeping your saves and gamertag with the achievements you earned AFTER your console was banned.

Anyoned tried this yet?

NAVIGATER

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(quitow @ Nov 10 2009, 07:53 PM) View Post

The only thing FATGUTS did was recover its gamertag from Live and put in an MU.

The only question i have is: everybody is talking about ZOMG MY HDD IS CORRUPTED OH NOEZ, but does a memory unit get corrupted too?

The idea that i have is quite simple actually: copy all my saves and my gamertag to a MU and put to an unbanned console. If it works, i'll just reformat my HDD and transfer everything from my MU to it. In my opinion, it's the only chance of keeping your saves and gamertag with the achievements you earned AFTER your console was banned.

Anyoned tried this yet?

If you did not oad the saves after been banned there is no problem at all i tested it with a MU.
But saves i loaded after the ban dont work on a unmodded box at all

So there is no solution till now for this

GOOSExp

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 01:18:00 AM »

what about this has anyone or willing to try this i read here..

http://forums.xbox-s...o...4841&st=45#

QUOTE(Kaisonic @ Oct 10 2009, 11:04 PM)

"Well that was easy.

Okay, so to recap, my old Xbox somehow got itself on the revoked list (probably because it was technically returned to a retail store, but that's an entirely different story), and it then red-ringed, so all my saves wouldn't load on my new Xbox 360. I tried a billion things and finally found a solution.

It's ridiculously simple.

1. Copy the "corrupt" saves to your computer's hard drive (using XSATA and Xplorer360 or open your HDD and use a regular SATA cable, whatever you want - personally, while I'm waiting for my Xeno Top Gear to arrive, I'm just using a SATA-to-eSATA cable with Xport 360 (the software used with the XSATA - for some reason Xplorer360 doesn't work with my new 120GB hard drive).

2. Delete the "corrupt" saves on your Xbox 360 hard drive, and create new ones (just open the game, wait for it to say that it created a file, and you're done).

3. Now copy these new saves to your computer as well. You should now have a set of your real "corrupt" saves and a set of new "dummy" saves.

4. For each one, open both the "corrupt" and "dummy" version of the save in a Hex editor (I use HxD - it's freeware).

5. Select ALL characters from offset 240 on in your real corrupt file. (basically everything except the CON header and signature, I think). Copy that (Ctrl+C), then click before the first character on offset 240 in the dummy file and PASTE WRITE (Ctrl+B ). It should overwrite the contents beyond 240 in the dummy file with the contents from the corrupt file.

6. IMPORTANT - if AFTER you do this, there are extra characters after what you pasted, DELETE THEM (don't fill with 0's, just straight delete them).

7. Save the file. It will automatically create a file with a ".bak" extension if you need the original file for anything.

8. At this point you should now have the dummy file with new contents, and it should be the SAME SIZE as the corrupt file. If it's a different size, you did something wrong.

9. Open this file with Modio, Xploder, or a similar NXE resigner. Rehash and resign the file.

NOTE: I'm not actually sure if the Device ID matters. For example, one of my saves had its Device ID overwritten on my new 360 even though it couldn't load the file. If these steps don't work, you'll need to copy over the Device ID as well. Just open one of your dummy saves BEFORE you've done anything with it, and it should have your current Device ID. Write that down and just copy that into the dummy saves AFTER you change them and BEFORE you resign them.

10. At this point your dummy file should have new contents and be rehashed and resigned. A quick check is to re-open it in a hex editor and make sure the date on the third line says "9-18-06". If it doesn't, you might still be safe, you're just using a different resigner.

11. Copy the file back to your 360 hard drive, and enjoy!

A FEW NOTES:
1. So far I've tested this with GTA IV and Rock Band 2, and it has worked perfectly.
2. To be extra safe (as in making sure the file doesn't read corrupt again), re-save your file in-game after you've successfully loaded it.
3. As far as I know, none of this should get you banned from XBL or your console revoked or anything like that. Since we're not technically modifying saved games - we're just resigning your corrupt ones for proper use.
4. I have no idea if this will work with profiles, and I would suggest not trying it. Just recover your gamertag - it's faster and easier.
5. One of the things I tried was to extract the saved files WITHIN the CON files and just inject them into the dummy files. This worked as well, but doesn't fully recover your saved data. For example, my GTA IV saves still had the title and date of the dummy files (it said LOADING -- THE COUSINS BELLIC even though it was a Story Complete save). So I'd say just do the hex-editing thing.

Let me know if anything is unclear, I'd be glad to help. Personally I'm just happy my 103 hours in GTA IV hasn't gone to waste.

-Gadget-

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »

what about retriveing the profile WITHOUT going on live and using recovery ??

i have found a CON Flag remover tool, but even after using that and rehashing it still does not work sad.gif

any ideas ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4