xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 77

Author Topic: More on LIVE Bans, HDD Crippling, Possible Ban Causes  (Read 26226 times)

highbomber

• Archived User
More on LIVE Bans, HDD Crippling, Possible Ban Causes
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »

I am happy they corrupted the consoles. You can still enjoy your Xbox360, you just can't earn gamerscore. That will be a privilege left to those who are purchasing their games.

You all new the risk.

Just hope homebrew comes soon and your corrupted consoles could get more use.

telemicus

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »

besides we have to pay for live its not a freebie. oh well I needed a new xbox anyway  wink.gif

not2able

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 7 2009, 05:55 PM) View Post

I would agree but some of us got banned with only using our own rips and not using abgx.

And whats to say that your rip wasnt bad?  Or your burning of back up was bad...??

Bad rips I feel are definetly playing a huge part in this ban wave.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 7 2009, 12:55 PM) View Post

I would agree but some of us got banned with only using our own rips and not using abgx.

maybe there is some flaw in our ripping process, such as the 359 degree error that got us in trouble before.

dragontm

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »

mis use of ABGX u rekon thats if you inject wrong stealth files, or patch the 4th wave to play on 3rd wave

Evi1d33d

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »

I guess C4 is waiting for the next ban wave to make sure the new LiteOn fw is ok.

Noob question: what does he meant by 'Live log'?

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »

there is a theory that m$ is uploading bad rips, but there are also users who claim they never downloaded any games...

is it possible (or even likely) that m$ could corrupt the abgx database by uploading bad info to them?

erod550

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »

Patching 4th wave to play as 3rd wave has nothing to do with abgx and if you did that you deserve to be banned. All of the notes that came with that conversion software said not to attempt to play on Live after you patch a 4th wave game to play as 3rd wave.

I am curious as to what could be "misuse of abgx" though.  I used level 3, never played a game that wasn't verified, and never played a 4th wave game.  I'm not sure how I could have misused abgx, unless someone was putting up bad rips as verified copies, so images were getting tainted by abgx.

IonBlade

• Recovered User
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »

What, exactly, is the vetting process for people uploading the abgx360 checksums and files?  Is all the data uploaded by a small team explicitly trusted (and personally known) by the abgx360 developers, or is it gathered via a distributed community where there is little to no verification of a person's identity (or where it's possible to gain their trust over a period of time while still remaining anonymous)?

If submitters are not personally known to the developers, what would stop an MS employee (or a number of them working together in order to fool any "strength in numbers" verification the system has) from submitting poisoned entries to the database?  If MS could get incorrect entries into the database, you'd really be patching *in* a bright red flag that tells MS to come get you when you "fix" your rips with abgx360.  Digital marked bills, as it were.

I've seen a Kreon drive make rips that have only verify through abgx360 around 50% of the time - you'd think home rips would be 100% verified.  As I see it, that means either:

1) the Kreon drive is making bad rips (strange that some rips would verify fine though)
2) there are multiple valid checksums for one title, and the specific checksums on the titles that didn't validate were just not the ones in the database
3) the abgx360 database is incorrect (possibly poisoned)

[EDIT]: Whoops, beaten by 14 minutes above.  Go me and taking 20 minutes to write a post!

This post has been edited by IonBlade: Nov 7 2009, 07:27 PM

jotavip

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(highbomber @ Nov 7 2009, 06:57 PM) View Post

I am happy they corrupted the consoles. You can still enjoy your Xbox360, you just can't earn gamerscore. That will be a privilege left to those who are purchasing their games.

You all new the risk.

Just hope homebrew comes soon and your corrupted consoles could get more use.

M$ don't have the rights to corrupt your console. You payed for that, you have the right to do anything with it. Is MY problem if I use backups or anything. They ban for the stupid xbox live?  Ok But they couldn't touch your hdd, and couldn't block you to earn gamerscores.

I am not banned yet, but I hope that all banned people who has their data corrupted, take legal actions against M$.  They must stopping treating his costumers like shit.

ReturnOfSanta

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(jotavip @ Nov 7 2009, 08:27 AM) View Post

M$ don't have the rights to corrupt your console. You payed for that, you have the right to do anything with it. Is MY problem if I use backups or anything. They ban for the stupid xbox live?  Ok But they couldn't touch your hdd, and couldn't block you to earn gamerscores.

I am not banned yet, but I hope that all banned people who has their data corrupted, take legal actions against M$.  They must stopping treating his costumers like shit.

You agreed to the TOS, they can do whatever the hell they want with your console at that point

harrytasker

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(jotavip @ Nov 7 2009, 07:27 PM) View Post

I too think this is a bit nasty, cause you are breaking something which in essence has nothing to do with XBOX Live.

Faulkjr22

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »

Hey I was wondering... If I recover my gamertag on a non banned console and still have my GT on the banned console with the HD that was on it when it got banned (obviously offline) to play backups, would that still be ok?  I am not concerned about gamerscore points.  I just want to be able to use my Live account because I just renewed my subscription?  I dont want to use the "banned hd" on the new console. Thanks

ace_012

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »

Well I was banned this morning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Never played a wave 4 game, all games were verified through abgx run level 3, so yea, theoretically I did everything "right" and was still banned. Obviously there is something we are missing in the whole abgx/burning process. I just bought a 360 off ebay with the dirty disc error to begin playing again next week though but I'm definitely going to wait to flash it again...

This post has been edited by ace_012: Nov 7 2009, 07:40 PM

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(ReturnOfSanta @ Nov 7 2009, 06:31 PM) View Post

You agreed to the TOS, they can do whatever the hell they want with your console at that point

They most certainly can not. Check the ToS and show me where it states that MS are authorised to corrupt your personal data? I'm waiting to see if MN comes forward and confirms they're corrupting people's game saves and if so, pretty sure those affected would legally have a case against them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 77