xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Not Banned Post Here  (Read 3007 times)

PRiME2008

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »

M$ objective is to shut down all the activities of this site and communities like it.

They don't want a single person to even think about opening their xbox unit and fiddling around, this site promotes it so in time everyone everywhere will be banned.

They could keep this banning up for ages and it will mean we must think of having a modchip that disables online use, however that will be impossible now that they ban you even when offline (well as soon as you jump online even without firmware).

Yes it does seem xbox360 modding is destine to be doomed. Least for online play and online features etc... The message is simple, buy legit, make M$ more rich and you more poor, support the monopoly or be banned smile.gif

kiwimods

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 03:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(PRiME2008 @ Nov 9 2009, 06:04 PM) View Post

M$ objective is to shut down all the activities of this site and communities like it.

They don't want a single person to even think about opening their xbox unit and fiddling around, this site promotes it so in time everyone everywhere will be banned.

They could keep this banning up for ages and it will mean we must think of having a modchip that disables online use, however that will be impossible now that they ban you even when offline (well as soon as you jump online even without firmware).

Yes it does seem xbox360 modding is destine to be doomed. Least for online play and online features etc... The message is simple, buy legit, make M$ more rich and you more poor, support the monopoly or be banned smile.gif

not very optimistic are you. the glass is still half full.

bigdarren

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 03:39:00 AM »

It's ironic....We're all trying to scramble around and see how M$ does it to no avail, it's a big secret...But we post all our info right out here for them to see...

kiwimods

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 03:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(bigdarren @ Nov 9 2009, 11:39 PM) View Post

It's ironic....We're all trying to scramble around and see how M$ does it to no avail, it's a big secret...But we post all our info right out here for them to see...

actually most of the info that is actually valuable has been witheld and passed onto the proper people.

you do make a good point however.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 04:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(kiwimods @ Nov 9 2009, 12:46 PM) View Post

actually most of the info that is actually valuable has been witheld and passed onto the proper people.

you do make a good point however.

Correct, Theres a hell of a lot more info and ideas going on that arnt being said out in the public.

Merumeru

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »

XD still running strong, i dont even give a shit if they do ban me, most people i play with online were scrubs anyway, lol

Banned: No
XBox: i dunno lol
DVD Drive version: Lite-On
Age of console: No idea XP
HDD size: 20GB
HDD official or fake: Regular
iXtreme: 1.6
Used Activate.iso?: Yep
Played Wave 4: Yep
Wave of the last game played: 4
Played an early release: XD yah not logged in on any profile though with no HDD connected
Received Achievement on Early Release: Nope
Last played games: Tekken 6, Bakugan, MW2, Dragon Ball Raging Burst
Allways verfied Games: Nah XP if its a game i really wanna play and it aint verified, ill take the risk

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »

majority of this thread have BENQ   biggrin.gif

Merumeru

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(PRiME2008 @ Nov 9 2009, 12:04 AM) *

Yes it does seem xbox360 modding is destine to be doomed. Least for online play and online features etc... The message is simple, buy legit, make M$ more rich and you more poor, support the monopoly or be banned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

XD as if competitive online play is the only thing people play the 360 for, and even if thats the case, im sure the most M$ will get from consumers is another 360 ($200 = 3.5 Legit New Games), one legit and one for backups, which actually, isn't that bad XD cuz i swear to god i must have gone through 5 PS2s back in the day XP

im still surprised they're not console-bricking but i can only imagine thats a step not too far off if the piracy worsens X3

and there will always be communities like this XD and the glass is still half full, and thats if you consider online play half XP

This post has been edited by Merumeru: Nov 9 2009, 11:05 PM

nozafuji1

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »

I am now banned.

anarki001

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

Not banned.

I was using a BenQ spoofed as a Lite-on 7xxx running IX1.51

Upon hearing of this ban wave I flashed the BenQ to original FW still spoofed as a Lite-on.

3 of my friends have been banned running IX1.51 on Lite-ons, all of them said their drives span up like crazy just before being banned.

Prior to me flashing back to original firmware, I:

- Never played a game early
- Never got my games via torrent sites
- Used Infiniti 360 DVD-DL discs burned at 8x using Imgburn
- Always do dashboard updates immediately

- I do have a modded WD Bevs 120GB harddrive.

I did notice this morning when I turned on my xbox that my router was sending and receiving more packets than usual to my xbox, but I have been playing my original copies of games all of today and so far so good.

seed.helper

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(anarki001 @ Nov 9 2009, 11:18 PM) View Post

Not banned.

I was using a BenQ spoofed as a Lite-on 7xxx running IX1.51

Upon hearing of this ban wave I flashed the BenQ to original FW still spoofed as a Lite-on.

3 of my friends have been banned running IX1.51 on Lite-ons, all of them said their drives span up like crazy just before being banned.

Prior to me flashing back to original firmware, I:

- Never played a game early
- Never got my games via torrent sites
- Used Infiniti 360 DVD-DL discs burned at 8x using Imgburn
- Always do dashboard updates immediately

- I do have a modded WD Bevs 120GB harddrive.

I did notice this morning when I turned on my xbox that my router was sending and receiving more packets than usual to my xbox, but I have been playing my original copies of games all of today and so far so good.

i didnt notice any span up things

but im banned today too...

good while it last

not gonna buy another console  huh.gif

cheers people

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(nozafuji1 @ Nov 8 2009, 01:47 AM) View Post

Not banned yet (crosses fingers), but the way people are falling left and right, it's only a matter of time before I will be.

-I have a Lite-On DG-16D2S, modded over this past summer.
-Used the CK3 Pro
-Didn't use the 360 for power during flashing
-On iXtreme 1.6
-Never played a game before release
-Verify everything through ABGX on level 3 fix
- Haven't played any wave 4 games, nor have I used the one-shot disk
-Use Verbatim DL media
-Haven't played an original since modding

QUOTE(nozafuji1 @ Nov 9 2009, 11:35 PM) View Post

I am now banned.

another lite-on walks the plank. viva la BenQ

EDIT: though i must say i dont think i've been on live long enough for them to even ban me, so that may be my reason. I just log on for less than 5min just to see if im banned, im more interested in it than worried.

WhiteWidows

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(WhiteWidows @ Nov 8 2009, 06:49 PM) *

Not Banned
1.6 BenQ
Live test "Z: 8015 - 1002"
Never played early
ABGX verified
Verbatim DVD's
Never played an Original game in it ever
Halo ODST newest played game

Side note:
I Dont have a Gold account. Did but let it run out months ago.

I haven't put this 360 on live in months until yesterday.

Yesterday tested the "Live Connection Test" after updating (1st time) - Signed in via GT with no problem.

Today I did the "Live Test" and its asking for another update. I denied it got the status report...still at "Z: 8015 - 1002" I assume still unbanned. Not doing anything more until more info is released from c4eva

Still not banned today.

Did warranty online test and got the ERROR.
Did the network test still @ "Z: 8015 - 1002"
Signed into live NP
Installed game to HD NP
Dont have a Gold account to play online. Not sure if that matters.

1 Thing very weird is that now when I turn off my 360 the fan stays on, and does not shut off.  Anyone shed some light on that?

Also the size of this thread scares me.  Maybe this will weed out the noobs. Its was better when the 360 modding community was niche crowd.

admiraljdn

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »

Just thought of this... how many unbanned people were active participants in XBOX live arcade purchases?  Do you think maybe they don't ban a console if they deem they will actively continue to purchase online games?

I've spent over $200 in the arcade last year alone... can any other unbanned people confirm that they've been buying more than normal in the arcade recently?

I'm 1.61 benq and still unbanned.

durty

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 12:26:00 AM »

I want to contribute any info to help everyone out.

DVD Drive: BenQ
firmware spoofed?: 1.6
Pirate anything?:(simple yes or no, no details!) Yes
Newest game: Borderlands
Amount of burned games played since the first modded: 55 games in my library.
Comments about your history: Never have played a game early, never bought anything off M$ marketplace except cod5WoW zombie map pack. Never have checked CRC after game was completed burning in ABGX, always have checked before burn on ABGX never burned without a verification. Never installed a game to the HDD, downloaded newest updates anytime they are released (first googling to figure out what it is) last one updated was the WEP thing or whatever it was. Did the online repair it said "cannot complete this operation" or something like that. Did the network test came back with 1002 at the end of Z, so if thats right im not banned yet. I unplug my network cable on the 3rd of Nov.

Tomorrow i plan on going back to original firmware to play codMW2 with hopes of not being previously flagged.

Also, my roommates xbox was banned (madden 10 had a verification fail on ABGX when i tested all my games - he played it the previous two days)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11