xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Not Banned Post Here  (Read 2917 times)

JesseWHHS

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »

Well I myself have a banned 360. But a buddy that got his 360 modded the same time I did came over the other day. We hooked his 360 and played halo for a few hours!

I know he doesn't play much, the only burned game he has put in his 360 is Afro Samurai and that as far as I know, doesn't connect to XBL.

He only plays Halo 3 off of a retail copy. And doesn't play much at all. Maybe once or twice every few months. So I'm sure he was on Live playing Halo the same time I was using backed up media. I assume even with his limited play time, this means they can't detect the firmware, only the backed up media.

Thought I would share incase it might interest or help someone.

daman22

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »

so no insta bans are goinf on now? would it be safe to update rosters and stuff on 1.41 ns

JesseWHHS

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2010, 10:26:00 PM »

I'd be willing to bet that nobody would say its safe to go online for anything if your modded.

This xbox 360 from my buddy gets online no problem and its modded with 1.51. Forgot the drive.

I think its gonna be "Try at your own risk"

daman22

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(JesseWHHS @ Jan 22 2010, 12:26 AM) View Post

I'd be willing to bet that nobody would say its safe to go online for anything if your modded.

This xbox 360 from my buddy gets online no problem and its modded with 1.51. Forgot the drive.

I think its gonna be "Try at your own risk"

i know its risk, but i mean im not likely to get instabanned am i? everyoen here says they arent banned with 1.4/1.41 ns

mickey797

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2020, 05:09:00 PM »

Just wanted to update:

I have the RED (Resident Evil) XBOX 360 Elite (Lite-On) bought just around the time they were launched; almost release day for the RED Elite's. Flashed it to iXtreme 1.51 after purchase.

Just flashed it to iXtreme LT and connected to XBOX Live. Not Banned.

I do not play online; don't have a GOLD membership; Only use Live Silver account to post achievements, download trailers & demos. NEVER connected to XBOX Live with any disc in tray (Original or Backup).

I know a lot of 1.51 who got banned; I hardly know any 1.51 who did go online and didn't get banned; So I'm not sure why I didn't get banned. Perhaps it's because I never put a disc in tray while connected to Live ... although I think there are people who got banned who never put a disc in tray while connected.

Not sure. Just thought I'd post here.

Swarrior216

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »

I have not been on LIVE since August.  I totally missed all the banning.  It's been 6 months since I have been online with my 360.  My drive is flashed (I dont know the version or what drive it is).  I'm wanting to go back online with it.  But I don't want to get banned.  I should point out that it has not been updated since august.

Zod5000

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(mickey797 @ Jan 25 2010, 05:09 PM) View Post

Just wanted to update:

I have the RED (Resident Evil) XBOX 360 Elite (Lite-On) bought just around the time they were launched; almost release day for the RED Elite's. Flashed it to iXtreme 1.51 after purchase.

Just flashed it to iXtreme LT and connected to XBOX Live. Not Banned.

I do not play online; don't have a GOLD membership; Only use Live Silver account to post achievements, download trailers & demos. NEVER connected to XBOX Live with any disc in tray (Original or Backup).

I know a lot of 1.51 who got banned; I hardly know any 1.51 who did go online and didn't get banned; So I'm not sure why I didn't get banned. Perhaps it's because I never put a disc in tray while connected to Live ... although I think there are people who got banned who never put a disc in tray while connected.

Not sure. Just thought I'd post here.

Pretty much the same thing here.  I even upgrade from 1.6 to 1.6.1 during the banwave, and never got banned.  I use live to grab DLC and thats about it.. never have a disc in the drive tray when doing so.  Makes me pretty confident, that ban techniques still require discs to be in the drive (could be original or a backup), but they still test drive responses to discs.  So if you're a single player offline kind of person, you probably avoided the banwave.

mickey797

• Archived User
Not Banned Post Here
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2010, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Zod5000 @ Feb 9 2010, 05:41 AM) View Post

Pretty much the same thing here.  I even upgrade from 1.6 to 1.6.1 during the banwave, and never got banned.  I use live to grab DLC and thats about it.. never have a disc in the drive tray when doing so.  Makes me pretty confident, that ban techniques still require discs to be in the drive (could be original or a backup), but they still test drive responses to discs.  So if you're a single player offline kind of person, you probably avoided the banwave.

You summed it up: "Single Player / Offline" ... That's exactly what I think. Someone here on this board, quite a while back, told me never to connect to XBOX Live with any disc in tray (Backup or Original) ... and I have followed that like a religion. While there is no proof to support this theory ... I still do believe that the ban technique does require a disc to be in tray at some point in time while connected to Live.

I guess the easiest way to disprove this theory of ours would be for someone to come up & claim they never connected to Live with a disc in tray, and got banned!! Although that would open the gate to once again ... Why did you or I didn't get banned?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]