xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: We Need Someone With A Nand Backup Pre-ban Who Is Now Banned To Test A  (Read 437 times)

danthaman673

• Archived User
We Need Someone With A Nand Backup Pre-ban Who Is Now Banned To Test A
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 03:00:00 AM »

Thank you all for your replies,

Thwack, In skipping thru the NAND forum you recomended above, titled Xenon Diagram LPT etc.. , Does this include a diagram for Falcon motherboards (I can't seem to see one in my cursory examination, I will look even harder following this post allthough I have to rush as I have to buy a new box tommorow and I'm hoping to get a cheap Falcon I can dump the NAND on. I gather I would only need key to downgrade run homebrew etc..  Also Does anyone have an ETA on the aforementioned tool ?? I ask as I have a practically bricked Jasper (Me likes my uncorupted profile)

Thanks again , Dan

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 03:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Nov 19 2009, 10:00 AM) View Post

Thank you all for your replies,

Thwack, In skipping thru the NAND forum you recomended above, titled Xenon Diagram LPT etc.. , Does this include a diagram for Falcon motherboards (I can't seem to see one in my cursory examination, I will look even harder following this post allthough I have to rush as I have to buy a new box tommorow and I'm hoping to get a cheap Falcon I can dump the NAND on. I gather I would only need key to downgrade run homebrew etc..  Also Does anyone have an ETA on the aforementioned tool ?? I ask as I have a practically bricked Jasper (Me likes my uncorupted profile)

Thanks again , Dan

Hey Dan,

If it's just the NAND dumping, then all versions of 360 motherboards are the same - all have the NAND dump points in the same place. For the JTAG wiring (the one involving the 330 ohm resistors, and how to get your CPU key), the '*nix OS and libxenon software on Xbox 360' section of the forums here will give you the info for the JTAG part of the hack on the mobo revision you're getting. Also check out the Free60.org website for info on checking your NAND dumps etc smile.gif Remember though - you want a dash thats earlier than the august update pre 8XXX

Apparently the tool for editing (or at least the method) will be out around the 20th....

insanityforall

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »

[quote name='thwack' date='Nov 19 2009, 04:46 AM' post='4571635'
Apparently the tool for editing (or at least the method) will be out around the 20th....
[/quote]

Just 24 hours to go, I can sleep that long.!  YAY

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Nov 16 2009, 04:08 PM) View Post

Yes you get the standard ban message.
But hdd install isnt re-disabled. But you do lose the media codec of what ever profile you were logged in as.
So then you have to use that profile on another xbox and re-download it.
Nope no corruption eather.

I reflashed my 360 last night with my pre-ban image last night, installed a game to make sure it was working, then a friend wanted to see the ban msg, so he logged me onto live, msg pops up, and i lost hdd installs again.  M$ must be resending it now.

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxbman @ Nov 19 2009, 10:42 AM) View Post

I reflashed my 360 last night with my pre-ban image last night, installed a game to make sure it was working, then a friend wanted to see the ban msg, so he logged me onto live, msg pops up, and i lost hdd installs again.  M$ must be resending it now.

Resending what? Every time you try to connect a banned box to Live, you'll get that message and it's that message/response that disables your box's ability to sign content.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »

Just done a tut on restoring HD functions to a banned 360 - see this thread smile.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4573643

Although I think the prog to do it might be out now smile.gif

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(AnimeCommander @ Nov 21 2009, 12:01 PM) *

Resending what? Every time you try to connect a banned box to Live, you'll get that message and it's that message/response that disables your box's ability to sign content.

someone, i think majinsoftware, had said  that after he had flashed an image of his preban nand, he was able to see the ban msg again and still install to the hdd after seeing it, and said he thought it was a one shot thing you get from the first time you get the ban msg.

Dids

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »

So, any news for the people who haven't taken a nand backup pre-ban?
It's already past the 20th, so I'm pretty much twitching with excitement here, need to get my hands on those savegames. smile.gif

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 01:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dids @ Nov 23 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

So, any news for the people who haven't taken a nand backup pre-ban?
It's already past the 20th, so I'm pretty much twitching with excitement here, need to get my hands on those savegames. smile.gif

Hi there,

My understanding is you don't need to have made a backup, you simply  wink.gif  dump your NAND , modify the existing contents.  

BTW. Call me a noob heck knows I deserve the title today but, Gee my 256mb dump seems to be taking a REALLY long time!!  If I just want to just mod one bit of NAND can't I just do the first 16mb???  Also my earlier debarchal has caused a read error just the one :error 250 reading 17b8 .. Does this mean the image is stuffed already and I need to start again?? Any suggestions appreciated as always

BRDGS/ Dan
Pages: 1 [2]