xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: We Need Someone With A Nand Backup Pre-ban Who Is Now Banned To Test A  (Read 436 times)

blizzard122189

• Archived User

Hi, I know there are a few people floating around this forum who had made NAND backups from when they were not banned, and are now banned. What we really need is for one of these people to restore their NAND to before the ban, so they can install games and all of that, then take the HDD off so there is no profile on the 360 and go do the connection test.

After the connection test A) do you get the standard ban code? cool.gif Are your HDD and other features once again disabled?

This is very important, because the scene needs to find a safe way to check for ban. At the moment if you log on and get the banned message, a flag is set in the NAND which prevents HD installs, and also prevents you from taking your saves and profile to another console. What this means is that modded box is basically useless, as we can no longer use it even for offline play, thanks to the flag which prevents the saves and profiles from working on a non-banned box.

Hopefully one of the few people who have done a NAND backup and been banned later will see this and help the community out. It would really mean a lot to a lot of people to find a safe way to check.

xboxbman

• Archived User
We Need Someone With A Nand Backup Pre-ban Who Is Now Banned To Test A
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(blizzard122189 @ Nov 6 2009, 11:46 AM) View Post

Hi, I know there are a few people floating around this forum who had made NAND backups from when they were not banned, and are now banned. What we really need is for one of these people to restore their NAND to before the ban, so they can install games and all of that, then take the HDD off so there is no profile on the 360 and go do the connection test.

After the connection test A) do you get the standard ban code? cool.gif Are your HDD and other features once again disabled?

This is very important, because the scene needs to find a safe way to check for ban. At the moment if you log on and get the banned message, a flag is set in the NAND which prevents HD installs, and also prevents you from taking your saves and profile to another console. What this means is that modded box is basically useless, as we can no longer use it even for offline play, thanks to the flag which prevents the saves and profiles from working on a non-banned box.

Hopefully one of the few people who have done a NAND backup and been banned later will see this and help the community out. It would really mean a lot to a lot of people to find a safe way to check.

I have not logged onto live since majinsoftware mentioned that flashing his nand backup got his hdd working properly again.  I am going to get a nand dump this weekend, and will check if i am banned after.  if so, i will create another backup and we can compare.

blizzard122189

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »

Alright, please be sure to check by doing the connection test, to see if that is a safe way to check without getting flagged.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »

Is there anymore info on NAND dump comparisons? IE pre and post ban.....

Seems (although I may be mistaken) some people on the board are charging cash$ to restore NANDs back to their pre ban-non HD install/corruption (without a pre ban NAND image, only the apres ban image) - not saying it's wrong to make a buck, but c'mon, this is a 'scene'....share!

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »

Yes you get the standard ban message.
But hdd install isnt re-disabled. But you do lose the media codec of what ever profile you were logged in as.
So then you have to use that profile on another xbox and re-download it.
Nope no corruption eather.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »

Hi Majin, not having a pop at all smile.gif - care to share how to restore a NAND back to pre ban? Is it as simple as you've compared pre and post ban NAND .bin's in a hex editor, and worked out what tells the 360 to lose the HD install features? Just think it's a bit unfair not sharing for the good of a community website thats shared the info for free that your using.

Again, not having a pop, just would like to see this info public (and I don't think it would compromise anything as the next updates tomorrow) and save a lot of people headaches.....

-Gadget-

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »

from my brief play around of my pre and post ban NAND image's theres only a 'real' differance in the secdata file...
and to change/reverse this you need you CPU key wehich if you dont have it, or dont know what one is, then you CAN NBOT get it !

so all the people saying that they can unban or restore you NAND for HDD installs, (with ONLY your NAND, and no CPUkey are scamming you ..
were have you read this ?

Mick ...

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »

Its not a simple process at all, And take alot of trial and error. About a hours worth of playing around in hex editor.

Im not allowed to says the full instructions how to do it as a few of the important people have said not to.
They want to keep it private to atleast the 20th for there own testing.
But there is a program being worked on the will automate the process which will be released in due time.

-Gadget-

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »

i cannot see how you can change anything on the nand with out having to do reencypt it, and thus needing CPUkey ?
and then after checksums....

althou i spose there are parts that are not encypted with CPU key.... like LDV and CB's etc ....
but would need checksumming and all that ...
and im pretty sure most of the info/tag is in secdata ?
must be wrong i spose.... bit silly of um !!
time will tell !

This post has been edited by -Gadget-: Nov 16 2009, 11:50 PM

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Nov 16 2009, 10:34 PM) View Post

Its not a simple process at all, And take alot of trial and error. About a hours worth of playing around in hex editor.

Im not allowed to says the full instructions how to do it as a few of the important people have said not to.
They want to keep it private to atleast the 20th for there own testing.
But there is a program being worked on the will automate the process which will be released in due time.

Fair enough - cheers for responding smile.gif

I was assuming it would be similar to when I used to help translate SNES roms into english - finding pointers/tables etc, altering and getting it to fit.

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »

Hi there sory if this ends up a double post but XS seems to crash whenever I post and lose everything I've just typed.

I was wondering if anyone can give me a straight answer to the following questions:
A: Is it possible to NAND hack (JTAG or otherwise) Falcons/Jaspers
B: Is there a dashboard/update that would preclude me from doing so?
C: If my box has been banned and I haven't dumped NAND/cpu key can I still retrieve it with a time-attack or otherwise??

If any of the above is possible can anyone pls point me in the right direction of a good tut on this (preferabbly one for NAND noobs)

Thanking you in advance, Dan

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Nov 17 2009, 02:28 PM) *

Hi there sory if this ends up a double post but XS seems to crash whenever I post and lose everything I've just typed.

I was wondering if anyone can give me a straight answer to the following questions:
C: If my box has been banned and I haven't dumped NAND/cpu key can I still retrieve it with a time-attack or otherwise??
If any of the above is possible can anyone pls point me in the right direction of a good tut on this (preferabbly one for NAND noobs)

A. Yes, works on all mobos
B. Yes, it was in August
C. No.  If you are banned, it means you got the JTAG hack blocking update, which means no JTAG hack, which means no Xell, which means no CPU key.

This post has been edited by xboxbman: Nov 17 2009, 08:47 PM

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Nov 17 2009, 07:28 PM) View Post

Hi Dan (good name there btw wink.gif )

A: If you mean dump the NAND when you say 'hack' then yes: see THIS thread for NAND dumping. You do not need the JTAG resistors/wiring - bear in mind if you want to dump the NAND for a 256/512mb Jasper it'll take bloody hours via your printer port - the USB way is much quicker. If you're after the CPU key etc, read the whole 28 pages of the thread!

B: If it's just NAND dumping, then you can with any version dash - if you're after the CPU key etc, you're (at present) out of luck with any 8XXX+ dash version....

C: If you've been banned in the latest wave, you can't access your CPU key as your dash can't be exploited - if it's an earlier ban pre 8XXX dash, then you're in luck smile.gif If you want to restore HD capabilities, then wait a while - although it won't cure your ban with the latest wave, I believe there's an app coming out that will allow you to edit a none HD functioning banned NAND into a pre ban state.

ideas_man69

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 06:05:00 AM »

ok.. so i've used this guide to dump my NAND.

i did it twice just as it said to on my jasper 60gb pro console. towards the end of the page it says to check the NAND by opening it up in 360 flash tool. i tried opening them but had no luck - im guessing it wont open without my cpu key.

just to confirm.. i DO NOT NEED my cpu key if im just keeping the NAND for incase my console gets banned right? if i get banned and lose the ability to install games to my hdd... i just reflash my backed up NAND and then the 360 wont know anything of the ban?

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 06:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(ideas_man69 @ Nov 18 2009, 01:05 PM) View Post

ok.. so i've used this guide to dump my NAND.

i did it twice just as it said to on my jasper 60gb pro console. towards the end of the page it says to check the NAND by opening it up in 360 flash tool. i tried opening them but had no luck - im guessing it wont open without my cpu key.

just to confirm.. i DO NOT NEED my cpu key if im just keeping the NAND for incase my console gets banned right? if i get banned and lose the ability to install games to my hdd... i just reflash my backed up NAND and then the 360 wont know anything of the ban?

Yes - you only need the NAND image to restore back to the 360 - you don't (and can't get at the moment) need your CPU key (as you've prob. updated your console since August).

Don't worry about not being able to check your Jasper NAND in 360 Flash Tool - the current version can't read these yet (although there's on in dev).

Just to make it clear smile.gif

1. You've backed up your pre ban NAND without CPU Key.
2. You go online and get banned - no HD functionality and profile corruption - boo.
3. You reflash your pre ban NAND without CPU Key to your 360, and viola, the HD works again!
Pages: [1] 2