xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Restore Hdd Installs With Nand Numps?  (Read 558 times)

Corpo

• Archived User
Restore Hdd Installs With Nand Numps?
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2020, 03:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Nov 16 2009, 06:05 AM) *

i cannot confirm this myself because i have not been banned(still staying offline), but it should be assumed that any data that travels from a banned console to an updated xbox live console will still behave as it does before the nand restore of the banned console. this is based on my understanding that the updated live console will never again trust data from the banned console.

Yeah, I know that, but I wanted to know if it was different with the same xbox, "unbanned locally" with a pre-ban backup of the nand. It's something that Surazal can test, he has a banned console with a pre-ban backup. Surazal, can you test that ?

Surazal

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2009, 06:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Corpo @ Nov 15 2009, 08:36 PM) View Post

Okay HDD install is back with the backup but what about savegames and profile ?
Do the savegames work again after having been "corrupted" by the ban info in the nand ? Is the gamertag corrupted ? (this is what happens when you put your hdd on an unbanned box)

Yes, saves and profiles created/used will work fine on unbanned boxes.  They do not appear corrupt.  If any were corrupted after it got banned but before your did the restore they do not get fixed (like say you got banned while on Live in the middle of game session of Borderlands and you saved and then  logged out).  However, any saves created after the machine got banned and after the restore was completed will work and not show as corrupt.

Surazal

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2009, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(FRU @ Nov 15 2009, 12:01 PM) View Post

Well that's some good news. But unfortunately, I don't have a NAND backup.
I was wondering if you could backup your 360 after it gets banned and then do a file comparison (with total commander or whatever tool you like) in order to see what has changed. It could really help the poor suckers (like me) who don't have a backup to restore. Maybe it could be possible to restore the hdd functionality just by editing the current NAND dump.

Editing your current NAND would not work unless you also happen to have the CPU keys as the NAND image is encrypted.  You would also need to know what files to fix within the NAND image and without both an unbanned before and a banned after from a system which the CPU keys are know this compare is not possible.

A blind backup and restore as done here is possible without knowing the CPU keys as nothing is being changed and the restore is to the same console that the backup was made on, thus matched CPU keys.

DarkEvilKen

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »

Let me get this straight.

It is not possible to retrieve the keyvault/cpukey/dvdkey from the NAND of an already banned box?

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2009, 11:44:00 PM »

Correct, Banned xbox you cant retrive the cpu key because you have been on live and gotten latest dash.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2009, 03:04:00 AM »

But it is possible to edit the post ban NAND dump back into a 'pre ban' NAND without the pre NAND .bin image - obviously not enabling live again, but HD functions etc.

DarkEvilKen

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Corpo @ Nov 17 2009, 08:33 AM) View Post

Thanks. There's a tool that allow to "fix" profiles and savegames after a ban (and after patching, you need to resign / rehash the modified files)

If I've correctly understood, what the dash does when learning about the ban of the console is to delete one (or more) certificates from the nand, thus disallowing hdd install use/creation

And what might this tool that fixes profiles/gamesaves be?

Corpo

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2009, 01:52:00 AM »

The tool is CON-Uncorrupter

More informations here (sorry, it's in french)

DarkEvilKen

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Corpo @ Nov 18 2009, 03:52 AM) View Post

The tool is CON-Uncorrupter

More informations here (sorry, it's in french)

THanks,
Would be great if there was more info on this program. i think a readme should at least be provided. Any one else know anything about this program? English source?

Corpo

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(DarkEvilKen @ Nov 18 2009, 11:19 PM) View Post

THanks,
Would be great if there was more info on this program. i think a readme should at least be provided. Any one else know anything about this program? English source?

The author is french (the link points directly to his thread), and as of now it's still work in progress (but working)
I'll post a howto as soon as I'll have an working xbox (received today, without drive, dvd key unknow, waiting for jtag wink.gif )

DarkEvilKen

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Corpo @ Nov 18 2009, 07:48 PM) View Post

The author is french (the link points directly to his thread), and as of now it's still work in progress (but working)
I'll post a howto as soon as I'll have an working xbox (received today, without drive, dvd key unknow, waiting for jtag wink.gif )

Good luck to you. We'll be waiting for the good news.

faizy11

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2009, 01:18:00 AM »

http://www.se7ensins...xbox-360-a.html

heres an english tut on uncorrupting profiles and saves from a banned box smile.gif

trah

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »

I have never backup NAND, but my xbox360 was banned.
It's still possible to restore HDD install?

boxmodz

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(trah @ Nov 21 2009, 07:06 AM) View Post

I have never backup NAND, but my xbox360 was banned.
It's still possible to restore HDD install?

see here http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=697073
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]