xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Restore Hdd Installs With Nand Numps?  (Read 557 times)

warbeast

• Archived User
Restore Hdd Installs With Nand Numps?
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:10:00 AM »

ok ive been reading people are having the game install option removed after a ban witch sucks if you have a new 250gb drive like me

right now my xbox is running the lastest update however it has a jtag connected and known cpu key from xell before it updated

right now i'm not banned but is it worth taking a nand backup incase i am soon then hopefully restoring the dash to allow game installs to hdd again? i guess u wouldnt even need the cpu key to do this

the reason i ask is ive been told after the install option is removed the hard drive still allowed installs on another xbox so maybe the way they disable it is stored on the dash nand perm  

also while i'm chatting about this what would happen if a banned console was unbanned using a new keyvault would the install to hard drive option just start working again like magic?

anyway i would recomand anyone with a jtag to keep restore points just to try and recover game installs

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:58:00 AM »

ive made a nand backup if i get banned ill flash it back and see if it recovers game installs if anyone else finds out 1st plz post here

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:13:00 AM »

I found out yestaday that it re-enables the hdd, Iv posted it on 4 threads.
Yes changing the keyvault will unban the xbox but it will be re-banned very quickly as its easy to detect a non matching keyvault.

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »

thanks atleast thats one good thing

m4sterchi3f

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Nov 6 2009, 08:13 AM) View Post

Yes changing the keyvault will unban the xbox but it will be re-banned very quickly as its easy to detect a non matching keyvault.

Theoretically though, you could continue to change the keyvault each time a ban occurs, correct? But regarding a manipulated keyvault, are they randomly generated or do they need to be extracted from another console?

Just trying to understand how things work. smile.gif

Meccs

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »

How exactly do you backup the Nand?

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »

keyvault is specific to each xbox. Thats pritty much how the ban you, They remove your ID thats stored in the keyvault from there server. Then you can no longer connect. You could try randomlly guessing ones but it would take alot of trys.
Or you will just need to extract the info from another xbox you have.
So its not really worth the effort.
Also they will notice it quite easy since the info in the keyvault wont match the hardware info. Such as MAC address and serial number.

--

You back it up like you would using the j-tag hack.
Eather over LPT (slow way, impossibly slow for jasper would take a few days) or USB takes 1 min on old ones and 45 on jasper.

Its been covered so search for j-tag to find pin outs and instructions.

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 06:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Nov 7 2009, 02:28 AM) *

keyvault is specific to each xbox. Thats pritty much how the ban you, They remove your ID thats stored in the keyvault from there server. Then you can no longer connect. You could try randomlly guessing ones but it would take alot of trys.
Or you will just need to extract the info from another xbox you have.
So its not really worth the effort.
Also they will notice it quite easy since the info in the keyvault wont match the hardware info. Such as MAC address and serial number.
--

You back it up like you would using the j-tag hack.
Eather over LPT (slow way, impossibly slow for jasper would take a few days) or USB takes 1 min on old ones and 45 on jasper.

Its been covered so search for j-tag to find pin outs and instructions.

you can swap the mac aswell as the keyvault from the config.bin stored in the nand

joeyddr

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 06:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Nov 6 2009, 08:13 AM) View Post

Dont you need your cpukey to do that? if you updated to the lastest dash we are basically screwed... or can you change the keyvault without the cpukey?

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »

you dont need the cpu key to read and flash the nand you only need it to edit the nand image
people get mixed up because the xell exploit wont work on the new 8xxxx but ur not trying to run homebrew ur just making a nand dump this can be done with any update

YOU NEED TO BACKUP THE NAND BEFORE A BAN IF YOU DONT HAVE THE CPU KEY because after a ban the only way to recover if you dont have a backup is to build a new nand image for your 360 using ur cpu key and details

if u have a backup of the dash before a ban then you already have a ready made image so dont need the cpu key
hope this helps

oh also u need to keep backups of the nand after every update as the nand will change and u cant downgrade

This post has been edited by warbeast: Nov 7 2009, 03:55 PM

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »

Dumping mine as we speak.  I'll get a couple to make sure they are good, and plan on logging into Live tonite. Will get another dump if  I am banned, or play on Live all night if I am not.

joeyddr

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »

so without a preban backup im no good? or can i just backup the current and change the keyvault?

abd640

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »

Guys I really need ur help...

I just got banned & I don't have a backup for the nand because unfortunately it's my first time that I heared about it.. and it's fine for me if i got banned from the live but the really thing that annoying me, is the HDD problem that I can't now install games on it... and I really need that HDD cause the drive gives annoying sound, and it's much better and safer(for the lenses and the console) to play using the HDD...

So, how can I do it ?? is there is a way to do that ?? cause i'm a Noob in that... Since, like I told u it's my first time to hear about the nand thing...

I really Need ur help Guys....

Thanks alot............

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »

not banned (yet) and i hope not to get banned so i am reading all of these threads to know what is the best course of action for me(i guess that is what everyone is doing though).

i do not know anything about nand dumps( except what i read in this thread) so i have no idea if this will work or not, but this seems like a good place to ask 2 questions...

if a console gets banned without having been j-tagged(and nand dumped), will j-tagging it after the ban so that the nand dump can be replaced with an unbanned nand backup from a different console restore the hdd install feature? assuming it might work for as long as the console was not on xbox live, would this be traceable in gamesaves or gamertag profiles that travel between the hacked console and xbl?

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »

My nand is now successfully dumped.  I immediately logged onto live after to check and I am still not banned.  Will continue to monitor and contribute to this solution as best i can
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6