xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Safe Ban Check  (Read 2114 times)

izaven715

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 06:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(jaded_uk @ Nov 5 2009, 01:55 PM) *

Not connected to live yet, trying to figure out if I have been banned, there seem to be more people in the uk posting to say they have been banned than haven't, so don't like my chances very much.

I have tried this method of registering for repair, my xbox is still under warranty (it still says active on the website) and it allows me to print off a ups label to return. Not sure if this means I haven't been banned? I do not seem to get any error at all...

Has anyone who is still in warranty and has been banned tried this method? Will it still let you send it for repair?

Did you follow all the steps like select problem: 3 flashing rings, added description, shipping method, and then clicked submit ?

jaded_uk

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 06:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(izaven715 @ Nov 5 2009, 01:03 PM) View Post

Did you follow all the steps like select problem: 3 flashing rings, added description, shipping method, and then clicked submit ?

Yes, just picked some random shit and pressed submit. seemed to work okay, they have emailed me a link to print an address label to send it back.

jamiehardman

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 06:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(jaded_uk @ Nov 5 2009, 12:55 PM) View Post

Not connected to live yet, trying to figure out if I have been banned, there seem to be more people in the uk posting to say they have been banned than haven't, so don't like my chances very much.

I wouldn't say there are more people banned than who aren't in the UK. The only people posting are the one's who are signed up here and care to share their information. I know over 15 people who are still playing xbox live with modified consoles who live in the UK.

TemperTantrum

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 06:32:00 AM »

I take it no one has yet confirmed if you lose HDD functions by testing for a ban via network connection test?

From what I remember, if you do a network test and you are banned, it would fail the last LIVE test and throw up error codes which would let you know. Big question as above though, is if this would then disable HD functions as it does if you were to try and sign in normally.

jaded_uk

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 06:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(jamiehardman @ Nov 5 2009, 01:20 PM) View Post

I wouldn't say there are more people banned than who aren't in the UK. The only people posting are the one's who are signed up here and care to share their information. I know over 15 people who are still playing xbox live with modified consoles who live in the UK.

I didn't say more people had been banned than not, - I'm sure theres not. I said that it appears more people are posting if they are banned than aren't. I'm sure there are plenty who escaped it , and im sure there are even more who are unaware banning is even taking place unless they keep track on forums etc.

It just made me less confident to connect after seeing all the posts. I might give it a go when i get home from work..

izaven715

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 06:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(jamiehardman @ Nov 5 2009, 02:20 PM) View Post

Yea usually people whose stuff works fine don't bother coming here as much as people are who bannd

sonic2120

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2009, 07:23:00 AM »

I get the error message when trying to register for a repair of a console I know isn't banned. I just got on Live with it after I tried to get a repair.

TheBiGW

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »

I can register the console and get to the repair order screen but afterwards I get 'The service order did not pass the validation check because of a product flag or another repair order already exists for the serial number.' Does that mean I am banned?

ImRickJamesB1tch

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 08:15:00 AM »

So I decided to man up and check if I was banned for sure. So I unplugged my harddrive and went to test Xboxlive connection. It connected then disconnect and prompt'd me to install some update! Now I'm thinking this is the update the disables the harddrive install feature? If not what is this update? I read something earlier today about Halo something with regards to this update?

ImRickJamesB1tch

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »

Ok this test is BS. Online I was getting that error. But I just checked now and Im not banned...Dunno what the issue is...

bobbler

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(ImRickJamesB1tch @ Nov 5 2009, 04:15 PM) *

So I decided to man up and check if I was banned for sure. So I unplugged my harddrive and went to test Xboxlive connection. It connected then disconnect and prompt'd me to install some update! Now I'm thinking this is the update the disables the harddrive install feature? If not what is this update? I read something earlier today about Halo something with regards to this update?

Not that, I turned my 360 on for the first time in a few weeks last night and got that update (just upgraded to 1.61). Still installed a couple of games afterwards with no issues and played them earlier today.

stranglerdave

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(TemperTantrum @ Nov 5 2009, 02:32 PM) View Post

I take it no one has yet confirmed if you lose HDD functions by testing for a ban via network connection test?

From what I remember, if you do a network test and you are banned, it would fail the last LIVE test and throw up error codes which would let you know. Big question as above though, is if this would then disable HD functions as it does if you were to try and sign in normally.

Can someone behave to this?

magusdraco

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(stranglerdave @ Nov 5 2009, 11:27 AM) *

Can someone behave to this?

*tests it with his "supposedly banned but not confirmed banned 360"*

"Please download this update."  No memory cards or hdd or whatever are hooked into the 360

...ahuh....

Not sure what that'll mean.

This post has been edited by magusdraco: Nov 5 2009, 06:10 PM

Beetlebug

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(magusdraco @ Nov 5 2009, 06:10 PM) View Post

*tests it with his "supposedly banned but not confirmed banned 360"*
"Please download this update."  No memory cards or hdd or whatever are hooked into the 360

...ahuh....
Not sure what that'll mean.

That should mean it's not banned shouldn't it? If banned you won't even get asked to update. Just an immediate banned message.

magusdraco

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »

Should.  Unless the "update" is a ban.

Eh fuck it.  *takes the plunge*  No use being scared.  Banned I'm banned.  Not banned, I'm not banned.

And.

I'm not banned.

You know.  If I remember right this 360 didn't work on the repair page back when I had to get the RRoD done way back when anyway.   (a year ago) I had to call the customer support guys instead.

I thought the place was just down or something.

This post has been edited by magusdraco: Nov 5 2009, 06:25 PM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13