xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Safe Ban Check  (Read 2113 times)

Degenerat3

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 12:26:00 AM »

Still getting an error on my modded console and still ok on the unmodded one.

If you do get an error better be safe and not connect to live.

bennybullfrog

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 12:49:00 AM »

I'm getting the error on my main console and it's not banned.
I have 2 other consoles registered to my account, no idea if they are banned or not but the repair page loads fine for them.

boonrider

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 12:51:00 AM »

If this works this seems like a great idea.

I get the

"Error
This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try back again later. "

Message, but i'm not sure if this is because i'm not in the US.

To check it for my country (NZ) I seem to need to use http://service.xbox.com.

For those in which this method seems to work, can you see if you get the same results on http://service.xbox.com ?

Thanks!

magusdraco

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 12:51:00 AM »

Huh.   Weird.

Maybe it's not full proof.  Either way uh...I'll just hold off on connecting to live.

Did anyone try testing the xbox live network settings to see if they were banned...and then got banned by doing that?

'cause that could be another way to check this stuff without getting banned.

anem8or

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 01:04:00 AM »

Is the site having problems I can't even get past the registering the console part it just keeps asking me to enter my information. I've tired in IE and Firefox.

solesten

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 01:05:00 AM »

well i dont think it  really matters if  you check online..if  u get an error msg then ur banned..  i dont think that by not going onlive will help anything. cus ur console  is alrdy marked as "modded" so there no escaping  it... grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  uhh.gif  uhh.gif  ph34r.gif

vietnamazing

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 01:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(solesten @ Nov 5 2009, 12:05 AM) View Post

well i dont think it  really matters if  you check online..if  u get an error msg then ur banned..  i dont think that by not going onlive will help anything. cus ur console  is alrdy marked as "modded" so there no escaping  it... grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  uhh.gif  uhh.gif  ph34r.gif

The point would be to check if the online connectivity method would work to safely detect ban status (since if you're banned you're guaranteed to get an error code) since it's not 100% confirmed if this repair status method works, although it does seem highly likely to be legit.

ShineGet

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 01:11:00 AM »

i'm from the uk, not banned yet, and i can register my console and request a repair no problems, just have to cancel it straight after. i don't believe i'm not flagged for banning though. i've played loads of games early and online. including forza 3 and MW 2.

Degenerat3

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 01:16:00 AM »

Not yet verified if this works or not.  If someone who has gone online on their console and been banned gets the same error then we can have a better idea on how this works.  Or if unmodded consoles are getting the same error.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 02:07:00 AM »

You can just dump your nand then check. If you are banned re-flash your dumped nand and you get your hdd feature back.

Cybore

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 02:13:00 AM »

tutorial? sounds complex...

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 02:51:00 AM »

Yeah it is complex but atleast you know for sure.
Its this method (different pin outs for other xbox revisions but they are on the net somewhere)
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=690493

You dont want to flash xell tho. You just want to read your nand to your computer.
Then write it back to the xbox if you are banned so you can keep your hdd install feature.

ImRickJamesB1tch

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 04:46:00 AM »

Looks like this service page is a valid banned test. I've added 5 other liteon consoles i've done and none are banned except my own. I get that error for my console so I assume I'm banned.

Not gonna connect to xboxlive in case it corrupts the install games to harddrive option.

izaven715

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 05:44:00 AM »

At what page are you supposed to get the error? Right after you click request a repair or after you fill out the "tell us your problem", "shipping method" and submit?

I don't want to click submit and it go through, is there a 2nd confirmation after you click submit asking to like really process it or anything?

jaded_uk

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2009, 05:55:00 AM »

Not connected to live yet, trying to figure out if I have been banned, there seem to be more people in the uk posting to say they have been banned than haven't, so don't like my chances very much.

I have tried this method of registering for repair, my xbox is still under warranty (it still says active on the website) and it allows me to print off a ups label to return. Not sure if this means I haven't been banned? I do not seem to get any error at all...

Has anyone who is still in warranty and has been banned tried this method? Will it still let you send it for repair?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13