xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Safe Ban Check  (Read 2112 times)

Degenerat3

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« on: November 04, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »

Anyone else try going to the 360 repair page and trying to get it repaired?  I got an error on my modded 360 haven't gone online on it since the UK bans today.  When i try to have it repaired i get this.

Error

This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try back again later.

and the url

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/...s.aspx?id=54420

So not sure if its banned yet but if people who have confirmed banned can go check what they get that.

Going to the repair page for my unmodded console still goes through.

This might help people who don't know whether they are banned yet and risk corrupting their hard drives.

QUOTE(nfidel @ Nov 5 2009, 07:05 AM) *

One possible method of determining if your console is banned WITHOUT going on live is to try to initiate a repair thru the Xbox.com support site.  If your console is banned, you will be able to register it, but if you start a repair order for RROD etc., you will immediately get a message that the request could not be completed and you need to contact a support person. During the Crackdown ban wave one of my boxes got hit, and when I attempted to get it repaired a few months later I actually got a URL back on the web site that said something like "console=ban". They have stopped being so explicit recently but your service request will still fail 100% if the console is banned.  

I have not tested this on a console that has only been flagged for banning by the Live server but not banned on the console level, but I think it most likely will fail to let you get any service info from the web site.

SmotPoker

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »

My 360 was probably banned and I'm also getting re-directed to the same page when I click "Request a Repair". I don't really care if I'm banned since I rarely connect to Xbox Live, I just don't want to lose the installation feature. The fact that your unmodded console can still request a repair normally just furthers my suspicions.

vietnamazing

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »

Thanks for the method... I've been waiting to check if I've been banned but I haven't been home. Thank God for this or else I would've had a bricked hard drive. Only had my xbox for 1 month but I've had it unplugged for the last 2 weeks and it seems I'm banned too according to the error page.  What a waste lol...

Beetlebug

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 11:22:00 PM »

Do I have to fill in my real name, adress etc, or could I just type in whatever? I don't want to actually order anything if I'm not banned and it goes through or something, heh.

And does this work for europeans too?

Degenerat3

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »

Not sure if people who got that same error have had their 360 banned as I haven't gone online since yesterday and haven't gotten the message on the 360 yet.  If someone who has gone online and been banned can check the warranty page then we can know for sure.

Cybore

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »

Anyone that hasn't been banned mind checking if they don't get the message?

magusdraco

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »

Awww hell.

I have two 360s on my list of stuff.  One works (non modded) the other doesn't (modded).

Modded one was connected to live earlier today and wasn't banned.

Haven't connected back to live yet but...well....now I'm not going to connect it back to live.

Cybore

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(magusdraco @ Nov 5 2009, 08:00 AM) View Post

Awww hell.
I have two 360s on my list of stuff.  One works (non modded) the other doesn't (modded).
Modded one was connected to live earlier today and wasn't banned.
Haven't connected back to live yet but...well....now I'm not going to connect it back to live.

so for the good xbox you don't get the
"Error This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try back again later." message while for the modded one you do?

good thing we found out about this trick now, otherwise we might've lost the ability to install games as well.

magusdraco

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 12:06:00 AM »

Yes.  For the good 360 I can go and register for a repair.

It doesn't matter that the warranty is gone, nor that the 3 year warranty is gone too.

IT works.

The modded, that is most likely banned (not connecting it to live).  Error.

Cybore

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 12:10:00 AM »

Wouldn't be surprised if this gets patched later on.  Those with modded consoles should check it out while you still can if you want to retain your install feature.  kinda suprised considering I only played like 5 backups which checked out find with abgx.

magusdraco

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »

...uh...about 10 now.

The first 5 all checked out perfectly (full dvd game crc check and all).

I got lazy after the game crc check started taking 80 minutes instead of 40 and didn't do that for my next 5 or so games.

Whatever.  I'm glad I have a backup 360.

Degenerat3

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »

Anyone with a confirmed banned console get the same message when going to the warranty page?

Beetlebug

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 12:22:00 AM »

Hmm, I got the error, then I hit refresh or something on the browser and now it says,

Repair a Console

Repair Your Console - To start the repair process, first select the console that you want to have repaired.

If the console that you want to have repaired isn't listed below, either the console is not registered or your console is not registered to the Windows Live ID you are signed in with.

Xbox 360 Arcade System: Serial #: blanked

Console Image
Standard Warranty: Expires: 01/26/2010
View Warranty Status
Request a Repair

Means I'm not banned after all? This check doesn't really work? Or?

This post has been edited by Beetlebug: Nov 5 2009, 08:23 AM

magusdraco

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 12:25:00 AM »

Refreshing mine still gives me the error message.

So....I'm pretty sure mine is banned.  Especially since the other one DOES work with the repair stuff.

Cybore

• Archived User
Safe Ban Check
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 12:26:00 AM »

refreshing mine gives the rror message as well. probably banned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13