xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]

Author Topic: Major Nelson Talks about Latest LIVE Ban Wave - More Bans Today  (Read 7106 times)

bedojunkmail

• Archived User
Major Nelson Talks about Latest LIVE Ban Wave - More Bans Today
« Reply #675 on: November 10, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(RedXIII70 @ Nov 10 2009, 10:40 PM) View Post

... This last time I just opened it up and unplugged the sata cable from the DVD drive and told them it wouldn't read discs anymore.

Yeah, I think that would be called 'warranty fraud' . wacko.gif

RedXIII70

• Archived User
« Reply #676 on: November 10, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(bedojunkmail @ Nov 10 2009, 06:55 PM) View Post

Yeah, I think that would be called 'warranty fraud' . wacko.gif

LOL like I give my real info to any store. They can't touch me. LOL

bedojunkmail

• Archived User
« Reply #677 on: November 10, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(RedXIII70 @ Nov 11 2009, 01:29 AM) View Post

LOL like I give my real info to any store. They can't touch me. LOL

Actually, I was referring to the fact that the mods here will ban your 'RedXIII70' for talking about warranty fraud once they see your post.   pop.gif

Senater_Cache

• Archived User
« Reply #678 on: November 10, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »

Hey everyone,

I have done significant research on the recent bannings much of which has been from places such as www*xbox360iso*com and from 1-800-4MYXBOX (by using lies such as saying I worked for a beta testing company etc.) and from friends. Apparently, the recent bannings have become signficant after the October 28, 2009 Xbox LIVE system update. And yes it is true, this update has played a role in the recent bans. I asked a lady that worked in the support service what specifically the October 28 update did (besides the increased wireless stuff it mentioned) and she explained it briefly as a means to check for modders and pirates while they play on and offline (as many people were doing with the recent leak of modern warfare 2). Another phone call (and those of many others on forums) confirmed that they can apparently findout if we are using a flashed xbox ie. detecting a firmware [they may be trying to scare us].

Many people tell people who are banned that it was because of playing Wave 4 games or unstealth patched/unverified games or from playing unreleased games - but, there are MANY people who you may read of, who were banned after signing on after months of not playing. Or many who got banned even though they havent played ANY unstealth patched or unreleased games. And also many who have been banned who have never even been able to try playing a backup game! So therefore that is more compelling evidence to non-believers that the recent update was in fact unsafe, contrary to what many people have stated.

Now what you can do? Well i guess the best thing to do is to wait offline (if you dont feel safe online) for a new iextreme firmware :S if anything... but in the mean time there are some steps you can do to remain safe (offline) in some ways. I was thinking that because the xbox service employees mentioned that the update was what was tracking data on and offline it would be best to remove the updates, if you would like to do so you may by following the following steps (this actually works despite the odd procedure.):

. Removing System Updates .
If you feel like removing your system updates, you may notice if you have tried to do so that they are not located in your system memory. So in order to delete them do this:
1. Press the guide button
2. Go all the way to the right
3. Go to system settings
4. Go to memory
5. DO NOT SELECT YOUR MEMORY UNIT *as in your HDD*
6. Press the following buttons in order: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X
7. You will be prompted if you want to remove the updates, it is your choice and they can always be redownloaded within mere seconds of signing into live.

linky to above

So this guy is saying that IF the update is causing the flag/ban-trigger as it syncs with M$ servers once you connect to Live...removing this update (or all updates for that matter) would potentially hinder the ban?

what do you guys think? Has anyone ever doesn't that update removal? if so, what is the procedure to get them back...(the prompt just before deletion says it "removes updates and Xbox live connectivity"

skilo100

• Archived User
« Reply #679 on: November 10, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »

Restored original firmware on my Hitachi which had 1.5.1 a week ago and not banned. Before I couldn't request a repair even though I still had warranty but now I can.

For me it's def the firmware the reason people are getting banned so until C4 has the new one out and it's been well tested by the community I will wait.

acorn61p

• Archived User
« Reply #680 on: November 10, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »

Just off the phone with M$ douches.  First of all, I have registered my console at support.xbox.com and try to "Request for Repair".  My warranty has expired and you can still request for repair with paying.  When I click on the "Request for Repair" button, I get "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try back again later."

And I remember from this forum someone said if you get that message that means your console is flagged and ready to be banned as soon as you signed on to live.  Lucky, I have disconnected my internet for 3 days now.  

So just to verify, i called the M$ douches to see if i am really banned without signing on live.  I acted like I had RROD and need to repair my console but I couldn't bc i kept getting this "service is temporarily unavailable" message on xbox.com. This Indian guy puts me on hold for like 3 mins.... then he said "Uhhh sir, i'm looking at your account and see that your console has been banned. Only thing i can do is for you to go to xbox console banning page blah blah blah." Son of a monkey!!

Haha, I knew it was coming. And I guess I was prepared! If I were to go online right now just to check if i was banned, damn my console had been USELESS (live account, saved games, hard drive etc all corrupted).  

Now I have a modded console, NOT BANNED (bc I know it's already banned but didn't find out through live) and never gonna connect this one to internet. TIME TO PLAY ALL THE BACKUPS I WANT NOW!! WORRY FREE!!

Now just get another xbox (arcade model), don't need a hard drive bc i can just swap back and forth my modded HD. Have one legit box to just play live!

So Everyone, try to use my method to find out if your console is banned.  Believe me, they'll tell you. YOU DO NOT WANT TO FIND OUT ONLIVE AND CRIPPLE YOUR HARDDRIVE AND YOUR GAMERTAG!

Senater_Cache

• Archived User
« Reply #681 on: November 10, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »

arrgh Im so pissed at myself !!

I realized in the last 2 days that I had not transfered my licenses from my old xbox (new on bought in Sept lol) and I didnt re-download the media update to this console specifically..

This means my console now after being banned can do nothing but play backups off of the disc. NO MORE MOVIE WATCHING because I am a tard.

Would you guys say that a 199 purchase + having 2 boxes in my way is worth it for playing movies?

why oh why mad.gif

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #682 on: November 11, 2009, 01:42:00 AM »

http://forums.xbox-s...o...5529&st=930

add comments to thread linked.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]