xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdd Questions  (Read 93 times)

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
Hdd Questions
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »

i do not believe any offline consoles have ever received a ban via hdd like that, but if you are not storing games on the hdd, it is probably more convenient to keep your gamertag and gamesaves on a cheap memcard.

in order for the scenario that you are concerned about to actually occur, m$ would have to get a lot more obvious with their detection methods and nobody thinks they will do that.

Nillaz

• Archived User
Hdd Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »

Thanks Sticky the info is appreciated.

I agree it would be more economical to use a mem card, but I was already planning on a larger hard drive for the stock system so no biggie. Still, it would be nice to be able to occasionally move the existing HD from the flashed system to my stock system and access my gamesaves without fear that MS will corrupt the drive via the unmodded console. Basically the flashed console is in the bedroom and has some old purchased Arcade games on it that my wife would probably be pissed if she couldn't play anymore.   biggrin.gif

All the info I've read about corrupted drives involved a system that is already banned, and from what I can see the general consensus seems to be that the corruption occurs at the time of banning. Since this scenario doesn't exactly pertain to me it's good to get the feedback of people more in the know while I'm still going through the learning curve!

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
Hdd Questions
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »

fyi, you cannot keep a working copy of your gamertag on both hard drives so a memcard is the only solution for moving your gamertag between 2 consoles with hdd's.

however, you can move the usage rights for those xbla games from the offline console to the online console or to a replacement console(i think it is allowed once per year)...