xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hdd Banned?  (Read 682 times)

B0N3D

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »

Rockband DLC that is now unplayable:

1. format the HD
2. get a new XBOX360 Arcade
3 Transfer license to new
4. re-download everything

?

(kinda blows .. but that's the price you pay)

xbox360adick

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

i have been banned and i got a new one today aldready with fw 1.6..
can i use my old hdd ? formating..
or i will get the risk of banned ?

karmatikal

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »

I'm trying to put my hard drive into my other console and when I try and play a game it says it has to do a security update.  I never played on the banned console after I got the message.

If I do the update will it ruin the game saves?
How can I get them back?  I'm afraid to put my other console online to recover the gamertag in case it gets banned too.

3-ranger

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(B0N3D @ Nov 8 2009, 04:50 PM) View Post

Rockband DLC that is now unplayable:

1. format the HD
2. get a new XBOX360 Arcade
3 Transfer license to new
4. re-download everything

?

(kinda blows .. but that's the price you pay)

How i could transfer my gamysaves from one unbanned/offline box to a new -box/online- . The Gamesaves are all on my HDD of the first offline/unbanned box.

thx and regards

joioi50

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 01:57:00 AM »

1. If a Elite/Arcade gets banned, is it possible put in a USB memory and when starting to play a game save savegames there when play?

2. Or does the banned 360 completely lose savegame feature for hdd and USB memory?

3. So if the 360 gets banned just put the harddrive in another unbanned 360 and format it and it works perfect in the unbanned 360?

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 02:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(joioi50 @ Nov 15 2009, 10:57 AM) View Post

1. If a Elite/Arcade gets banned, is it possible put in a USB memory and when starting to play a game save savegames there when play?

2. Or does the banned 360 completely lose savegame feature for hdd and USB memory?

3. So if the 360 gets banned just put the harddrive in another unbanned 360 and format it and it works perfect in the unbanned 360?

You cant save to usb memory.

Zod5000

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(tommyam @ Nov 7 2009, 11:47 AM) View Post

I have two 360's, 1 flashed, the other stock, only 1 hdd for both boxes... I don't know if i am banned or not as I have been unplugged for awhile.... so, I really want to keep my hdd installs intact and certainly don't want to lose my saves so...

What if I pull the hdd out, log into live without the hdd? if it is banned, they obviously can't lock my hdd out since it wasn't connected, what am I missing?

p.s. it does have 256mb on board so i could transfer a gt over to it if need be but otherwise, why not just pull the hdd and log on, let the chips fall where they may but even if banned, my hdd will work in my stock machine for sure but maybe not the banned one i would guess? hmmm, your thoughts, thx!

they don't actually ban the hard drive.  the choice of words when describing what they do is poor.  They put something on the NAND (onboard memory) that causes gamesaves and gamertag updates to be written differently (as well as disabling hard drive installs).  The gamesaves/gamertag still work on the hard drive/memcard, but if you try to run it in a different console they appear corrupted.

So there not really banning or corrupting the hard drive.  They're putting instructions on the nand that changes the way those files are being written.

evil-dereck

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(PsychRage @ Nov 16 2009, 12:33 AM) View Post

I bought a WD 250GB HDD which I flashed for 360 use about a week ago...
My DVD Drive has been flashed for about 2 years, was currently running 1.6.
This was a launch 360.

Anyways, in all likeliness I was banned for the flashed DVD drive, however, does microsoft know i modded the HDD?

Is it safe for me to buy a Arcade and use this HDD? Or should i just buy an Elite? I don't mind playing by thier rules.

Hey, does that WD still work on your banned console? Mine was just banned and I'm bummed about not having a hard drive for it anymore so I was wondering if the WD external modded HDs still worked with a banned system. I'm guessing not, I can't see why, so it's really more wishful thinking than anything else. All the same, if anyone knows for sure let me know please.

gbest05

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2009, 12:26:00 AM »

I don't think they can detect that the hard drive is modified, the HDD hack just spoofs it to look like an actual m$ hard drive. If the console gets banned then if you use the hard drive it will corrupt the xbl profile ( i know from experience).

rookie4sho

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2009, 01:06:00 AM »

Ok my scenario so far......my xbox was banned...

I brought my HDD to my cousins xbox (not modded) And it worked fine. Not only my game saves where working but it logged into live also. I then copied my gamesave and profile to my cousins memory card and then I removed my HDD and put my cousins back. We played Borderlands (retail on his non modded xbox) fine. When done I put back my HDD (we did this since my cousins HDD had his stuff on it so thats why I was doing all this switching) and I copied my game save and gamertag back to my HDD. Went home to my banned xbox and all is good.

HOWEVER, my cousin came by me and had his profile and his gamesave on his memory card and we played Borderlands on my banned xbox. He played off of his memorycard and didnt do any copying or moving whatsoever to my HDD. When he returned home to his non modded xbox and tried to put back his gamertag and game save on his HDD it was all corrupt. But MY stuff seems to be ok still.

Things ive noticed with my HDD:

1. Can no longer copy games to my hard drive (pretty much everyones noticed this by now)

2. If I already had a game installed on my HDD b4 the ban, I cannot play it off the hdd. gives this msg "This game can only be played on the console and hard drive it was originally installed on.  To play on this console, delete and reinstall the game." Tried with all the games that where installed, same msg.

3. Still loads my game saves and saves my games when playing on my banned box.

4. Im guessing (going by what happened to my cousin) M$ allows you to bring your stuff to another xbox however someone elses profile from another xbox cannot be brought to the banned box because once removed it gets currupted. Just a thought im no expert.... blink.gif

Pages: 1 2 [3]