xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hdd Banned?  (Read 684 times)

magusdraco

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 01:52:00 AM »

Some saved games are copy protected.

Meaning you can't use the copy command to copy it from the hard-drive to a memory card but you CAN use the move command to just move it to the memory card.

I wonder if Forza is NOT copy protected but MW2 IS copy protected.

edit:  Nope, that can't be it...unless it's the copyable ones that get screwed up instead.

'cause Forza 3 saves are not copyable.

Evi1d33d

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »

So the HDD ban is saved on the console itself... Have anyone tried doing an offline update and see if it overwrites the HDD ban?

ImRickJamesB1tch

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »

If a console is banned and they corrupt the harddrive, you format it on another xbox360, can you put it back in the banned console and still save to it?

alwaysonjohn

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »

on the banned hard drive we tried using it on the new console to recover his profile to the old hard drive (we thought they erased his profile because it was gone!).  THis didn't work giving us an error each time.  Finally we recovered it to another hard drive.

After reformatting the banned hard drive, it worked again.

CocoaPistolero

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »

I got banned today.  I didn't play any game after getting banned.  I took my memory card (with my profile on it) to an unbanned Xbox.  My profile was not shown.  If I access the memory card it shows my profile as "Corrupted Profile".

The ban somehow actually fucked with the data on my memory card and made its data unusable.

This is unacceptable.  I feel MS has no right to do this.

alwaysonjohn

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »

yeah, that's what i said.  I felt bad for my friend. just reformat it and you're okay.

Yes, you can recover your account onto an unbanned console.  Just don't try to put it on a banned hard drive on an unbanned console (unless you already reformatted the hard drive). once you format the drive and recover your profile, transfer your licenses to your new box using www.xbox.com/drm
then go to account history and redownload all your stuff.

Vagitarian

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »

I lucked out.  My console was banned but I was able to move a lot of my game saves and profiles to my new unbanned console.  Only had one profile get corrupted and it was a profile that my friend uses when he comes over.

funksoulbrother

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »

Would I be safe doing this?.......

I've got a 360 with 512 MB of internal memory, although my gamertag, game saves etc. are on a 120 GB hard drive. If I copy my gamertag to the internal memory and remove the hard drive, then turn the console on and connect to Live and find that I'm banned, surely my game saves wouldn't get corrupted and would work on another console? Is that a fair assumption?

PhoneyVirus

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(alwaysonjohn @ Nov 5 2009, 03:24 PM) View Post

yeah, that's what i said.  I felt bad for my friend. just reformat it and you're okay.

Yes, you can recover your account onto an unbanned console.  Just don't try to put it on a banned hard drive on an unbanned console (unless you already reformatted the hard drive). once you format the drive and recover your profile, transfer your licenses to your new box using www.xbox.com/drm
then go to account history and redownload all your stuff.

So just saying I got the Ban Hammer, my Profile, Save Game's Plus Downloaded Content are corrupted on the hacked 360. But I got my Profile, Save Game's Plus Downloaded Content 120 HDD backed up on my PC before I got banned.

Now to get my corrupted Profile, Save Game's Plus Downloaded Content back I need to format it on the Xbox360 not in your PC, Then transfer Profile, Save Game's Plus Downloaded Content back on the HDD using my PC. Then put it in one that was never banned or just got New and every thing should show up, ?

This applies to Banned Consoles having a Hacked HDD or banned for no reason.

I never got banned because I'm waiting for my benq drive but I got a liteon in my x360 now, so backing up before hand would be good or not and can I go about doing it this way if I was to get banned ? thanks

romanamor

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »

I'm trying to preserve my Xbox hard drive in case I get banned so I can keep my content / gamesaves.

Will this scenario work?
  1. Backup HDD with Xplorer360 to bin file before getting banned
  2. HDD gets corrupted by ban
  3. Buy new Xbox arcade (no HDD)
  4. Restore bin file to corrupted HDD
  5. Attach restored HDD to new (non-modified) Xbox arcade
  6. Sign in to XBL and play content / gamesaves like nothing happened
a ) will this work?
b ) is this going to get my 2nd Xbox (non-modified) banned?

Thx,
R

MSsucksgonnabuyaPS3

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(romanamor @ Nov 6 2009, 01:01 PM) View Post

I'm trying to preserve my Xbox hard drive in case I get banned so I can keep my content / gamesaves.

Will this scenario work?
a ) will this work?
b ) is this going to get my 2nd Xbox banned?

Thx,
R

Buy a PS3, don't give into M$ bullshit man

You're 2nd console if you try to mod it, GET READY FOR THE HAMMER

audiovicious

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »

I am still a little confused and need some things clarified.

I have two 'boxes. One modified, one not. I have two HDD's. One that is mine, a 120GB that came with my Elite, it has all my profiles/saves/DLC on it, it belongs to the nonmodified console. The second HDD is actually my brother's, and belongs on his XBOX, but he leaves it on my modified one most of the time. It has his all his information on it. If I want to play something on my name, I usually just throw my HDD on whatever console I'll be playing on. He does the same.

Now, the modded 'box is banned, and got banned with my brother's HDD on it. I removed it immediately and tried it on my 'box, and all the profiles loaded fine, everything looked OK. Now, I've unplugged the banned 'box from LIVE. If I wanted to play a game on it, I'd have to plug my HDD to it and it'd get corrupted, am I correct? Since I unplugged before any damage was done do I still run this risk? I'll be honest and say I'm using it to play a pirated copy of Modern Warfare 2, however, I also have it on preorder and will be buying it, but I want to continue to play until then. I just ordered a memory unit before all this went down. Will I be able to put my profile on the memory unit and play from there?

I just want to be able to play some of the games on this console on my 'tag, but without corrupting an HDD. I assume the memory unit will also corrupt, which is going to suck. Say I put my profile on the unit, go out and play games on the modified box, unlock achievements and so forth, when I go to plug it into the unmodified one to play on LIVE or update it with the achievements, the profile will be corrupt. Is there a way to do this? I don't care that it's banned, I just want to be able to use my profile on both 'boxes.

Microsoft has gotten vicious.

funksoulbrother

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(MSsucksgonnabuyaPS3 @ Nov 6 2009, 09:07 PM) View Post

Buy a PS3, don't give into M$ bullshit man

You're 2nd console if you try to mod it, GET READY FOR THE HAMMER

Yeah, you stick it to the man! You bought a 360 so you could download games for free, so now that you can't do that, you want to show MS how upset you are by buying a PS3 even though you'll be paying for every game you play. LOL. Talk about entitlement issues. Why this forum doesn't ban obvious trolls like you I don't know.

tommyam

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »

I have two 360's, 1 flashed, the other stock, only 1 hdd for both boxes... I don't know if i am banned or not as I have been unplugged for awhile.... so, I really want to keep my hdd installs intact and certainly don't want to lose my saves so...

What if I pull the hdd out, log into live without the hdd? if it is banned, they obviously can't lock my hdd out since it wasn't connected, what am I missing?

p.s. it does have 256mb on board so i could transfer a gt over to it if need be but otherwise, why not just pull the hdd and log on, let the chips fall where they may but even if banned, my hdd will work in my stock machine for sure but maybe not the banned one i would guess? hmmm, your thoughts, thx!

erod550

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(romanamor @ Nov 6 2009, 03:01 PM) View Post

Will this scenario work?
a ) will this work?
b ) is this going to get my 2nd Xbox (non-modified) banned?

Thx,
R

a ) yes, this should work
b ) no it shouldn't get your non-modified console banned because the banned information isn't stored on the HDD.

The HDD itself is not getting banned. The banned console is intentionally screwing up the data on the HDD so it cannot be used on an unbanned console.  This has nothing to do with "gamesave licensing" and there is nothing that says gamesaves are only usable on the console they were created on. You can transfer a hard drive from an unbanned box to another unbanned box with no problems whatsoever, and up until about a month ago, you could do it from a banned box to an unbanned box too.  The option to "copy" not being there just means that you can only use that save on one box at a time, so people can't just give a copy of the gamesave to their friend who then loads it up and gets all the achievements.  You have to use "move" because it can only be on one box at a time. But it doesn't matter one bit how many boxes you transfer the save to, provided they are all unbanned consoles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3