xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hdd Banned?  (Read 683 times)

alamez

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« on: November 02, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

So what exactly is going on with the HDD and the current ban hammer. I have chosen to not log into live until there is some consensus as to what exactly is going on.  So my hdd is still fine.  My question is if i log in and then im banned will i be able to use my saves and my hard drive.  is there something i should do to protect my saves like buying a mem unit and putting my saves in there? I have an arcade with a jasper it has the internal memory on it. i am running 1.51

drewis

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »

yes id like to know a confirmed situation too. it makes the CONSOLE unable to use the harddisk, not the harddisk itself right?

so no matter what, you can no longer put another hdd unit onto the banned console? is this correct??

joaoxbox360

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »

no,

the hdd is fine, it's the console that do not allow you to install the games to any hdd you connect it to.

GmetalVolks

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 11:27:00 PM »

Is it safe to use a HDD from a banned 360 and use that HDD on a non-flash/modded 360?

joaoxbox360

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 01:08:00 AM »

format it 1st

magusdraco

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »

Basically when the console is banned and the hdd is in there it gets a little messed up (on purpose).

your saved games won't work on a different xbox.

you can't install games or play installed games on the banned xbox.

You CAN format it on a non banned xbox and use it normally again.

but well...I wouldn't put it back into the banned xbox.

high five

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(magusdraco @ Nov 3 2009, 09:14 AM) View Post

Basically when the console is banned and the hdd is in there it gets a little messed up (on purpose).

really? thats Fd up.

Vagitarian

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »

I just bought an Elite with 120GB hard drive.  Will I not be able to transfer my game saves to the new hard drive using the transfer kit?  Does this include DLC?  If I transfer my licenses to the new console could I redownload the content for free?

KiLL CraZy

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(magusdraco @ Nov 3 2009, 03:14 AM) View Post

i was wondering about this question also....

so if I buy a arcade console, put my "banned hdd" to it... install games works again? but saved games wont? wtf? so that means im gonna loose all my progress in previous games? I can't just transfer a save from a banned hdd, to a mem unit and have it work from there?  i have like 50gb worth of saves/videos/dlc that I dont wanna loose on a format of a hdd....

can someone clarify this?

Vagitarian

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »

What about DLC?  If I transfer my licenses to the new xbox can I redowload for free?

KiLL CraZy

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(drewis @ Nov 3 2009, 11:03 PM) View Post

has been said MEMORY UNIT = STILL CORRUPT WHEN TRANSFERING.

ONLY THING you can RETAIN 100% is your PROFILE (recover gamertag only!)

that is IT!

now if you backup BEFORE you are banned, you are OK!

thats freaking gay, so banned hdd saves works on banned console....  if u wanna keep saves then best bet is just to keep the banned hdd and console together and play old games on that and go buy a new console with hdd and start new games on that...  wow  fml

tarektaha

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 05:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(alamez @ Nov 3 2009, 12:28 AM) View Post

So what exactly is going on with the HDD and the current ban hammer. I have chosen to not log into live until there is some consensus as to what exactly is going on.  So my hdd is still fine.  My question is if i log in and then im banned will i be able to use my saves and my hard drive.  is there something i should do to protect my saves like buying a mem unit and putting my saves in there? I have an arcade with a jasper it has the internal memory on it. i am running 1.51

From what i've seen with some xbox is the following:

1. If you had your drive in a modded console and the console got banned there is two case>

a. You've removed your HDD - Immediately to a new console - everything savefiles -profiles stays the same nothing get corrupted.

b. If you continued to play on the modded banned console for a while, then move to the unbanned console, gamesave get corrupted.

so basically MS is stopping you from playing on your banned console and then logging to live on another console, you will lose all your game saves

drewis

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »

also keep in mind its also been reported that anything you can get back with the 'recover gamertag' will be just fine. anything associated with your gamertag should be fine, unless you got a GT ban.

alwaysonjohn

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »

this just happened to my friend.  You won't be able to use anything on the hard drive until your reformat it.  He couldn't even read his gamertag off the hard drive.  Once you reformat it (you need to do this on an unbanned console) the hard drive will work again.  This is a new type of ban because i've never heard of them banning hard drives till today. lol.

joe90

• Archived User
Hdd Banned?
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 01:24:00 AM »

This is what I have found.

xbox banned (fair enough)
moved HD to non banned xbox (reinstalled Forza (orginal) to HD) can access my saves (garage etc for online).
Move HD back to banned box, cannot install..

On banned box logged in as a old profile (not used) played RROD MW2

Put HD back on non banned xbox old profile is now corrupt.. can delete (but not saves) and recover.

However, Forza had saved on the same pofile (same save) on both boxes and still works.. most odd

Pages: [1] 2 3