xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: MS forcefully removes private chat from upcoming titles  (Read 2074 times)

illbastid

• Archived User
MS forcefully removes private chat from upcoming titles
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 02:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(kill_bill @ Nov 2 2009, 04:26 AM) *

We use it when playing hardcore search & destroy, especially when we have one of our clan on the opposite team  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

That's why shit like this happens because of punks like you and your friends.

ToBbErT

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 02:43:00 AM »

Ventrilo ftw.

This post has been edited by ToBbErT: Nov 2 2009, 10:44 AM

PhoneyVirus

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 03:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(illbastid @ Nov 2 2009, 01:41 AM) View Post

That's why shit like this happens because of punks like you and your friends.

Not only that but how many people that I came across looking for people with mics just to play with. This will be nice for every one don't like the 10 Year olds crying just mute them lol smile.gif

SnoopDop

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 03:51:00 AM »

good decision, I want other players to my trash talk and taunting when I own them in MP games, instead of them hiding behind party chat like cowards smile.gif

izaven715

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 04:05:00 AM »

Infinity Ward needs to relax a bit. They make one decent game and now they think they run the video game industry.

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 04:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(_8ight @ Nov 2 2009, 04:30 AM) View Post

So IW is going to force me to listen to all those little racist shits when I play online?  I'd rather talk to my friends.  Just because I sit in a party with my friends doesn't mean we're cheating.  It means we don't want to listen to others or have others listen to our conversation.  If IW is doing this... I won't be playing online with it much.  I play games online with my friends and if I can't enjoy their company while I play... I won't.

A feck you in advanced MS & IW.

I agree.

Stupid move MS.

I'm guessing IW wanted it this way & MS had to agree as it is such a high profile title & don't wanna spoil relations.

Good thing i don't give a sh*t about COD 4 MW 2 multiplayer.

Any chance the next game will be called Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 3 Part 1.
I mean, can they get any more numbers into the title? - they'll be rivaling Final Fantasy soon enough tongue.gif

signal-to-noise-ratio

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 04:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(zainday @ Nov 1 2009, 11:43 PM) View Post

AND ANOTHER THING!.....lol
Now that people CAN'T private chat (and most likely party chat) , ALL that chatting will be going on all in the same room, so people that do want to play tactically , will get to hear all about "Larrys new dog Spot" (amongst a million other things)
Can you please include an update that gives users one click "MUTE ALL" feature, PLEASE! (I'd still like to hear the game , just not ALL the chat)

Just go into privacy settings and set voice to friends only. I have had my account set this way for about a year.

I mostly stopped using the headset cause the quality is so much worse than original one it would cut off sentences when my friends and I were talking.

Now I call them on cell with bluetooth for the most part.

This still sucks though def a step in the wrong direction. Kinda reminds me of ghost recon 2 chat. Which chat was annoying more than anything.

SnoopDop

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 04:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(signal-to-noise-ratio @ Nov 2 2009, 12:17 PM) View Post

Just go into privacy settings and set voice to friends only. I have had my account set this way for about a year.

You are a wussy, LAWL  rolleyes.gif

Muzzakus

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 04:44:00 AM »

About time M$.  Totally support this move.  Party chat has deminished the social community aspect of Live.  All these people with friend lists 10 miles long who are complaining, I bet you met them through public chat way back when it was the only option.  Otherwise you're in the rare minority.

Now when I want a quick blast and have a few laughs I dont need to rely on my real friends to be logged in.  I enjoy meeting new people.

We all have experienced annoying users trying to greif us, but the exegerations expressed here...LOL, it's like Hitler himself has 30 million clones out there all playing.

Find a crap user?  file a report, mute - Done.  It's not the end of the world.

I hope this is mandatory for all upcoming team muliplayer games, and is patched into already released titles. Natch!

Jagosix

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 04:50:00 AM »

Hello Fellow Gamers (HFG) smile.gif. What kind of BS. is this ? I mean why change the this option? This is not a PS3 system, it's a X360 console. Don't take a step backwards. You guys can do this another way. What's to stop me from calling my friends on the phone and doing the same thing? Answer.. NOTHING!!! I mean if push comes to shove we can chat using non xblive options. I prefer the live option. So. if you change this, You will have over a few million complainers to deal with on a daily basis. I guess M$ and infinity ward really want to piss off Xblive users.

I will complain about this on the xbox.com forums and infinity wards forums. I'd advise all of you to do the same. Once they get a few million complaints, they'll change it back or wish they would have.

tharien

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 05:57:00 AM »

nice, so rather then just talking to my friends i have to listen to all the shit coming out of everyone else s mouth.

I bet someone bent that badly on cheating will simply circumvent it by using the MSN chat and KB in game, or a TS/Vent server.

poor move M$, and surprising.

AcidPenguiN

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 06:04:00 AM »

so yeah, now all the people who previously used party chat to cheat are just going to move to ventrillo, and those who previously used it to chat with friends are out in the cold?

Damn it IW, you used to be cool! Now you're ruining the PC game and blocking useful features on the xbox game?

FalconLTD

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 06:19:00 AM »

Xbox live is PAY service. We shouldn't have to sit and listen to 10 year olds express their vocabulary to our team/party. While playing GOW and halo in open party (when i had live gold, i dont renew it) , I could not believe my ears! All those new words the 10 year olds are learning...

amble

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2009, 06:27:00 AM »

The idea is technically sound. It's called ghosting:

Ghosting

Ghosting or "to ghost" is The act of one or more dead players spectating an alive enemy player, with the intent of revealing his or her actions or location to their alive comrades, giving them an unfair situational advantage. This is achieved usually through a voice chat program, such as Ventrillo, or an IRC client.

Ghosting may also be referred to as as "Venting" in popular games like Counter-Strike. The term derives from the most popular method of ghosting in Counter-Strike, which is to use the program Ventrillo, "venting" is short for "ventrillo-ing" meaning Using Ventrillo to ghost

I think they have implemented it poorly though, while I am for the result - it can definitely be done in a way that doesn't ruin peoples gameplay. For instance, when you die then you can only spec first person of people on your team, that way you don't get to see any more or less than them.

I used to play CS a lot and it did get on your nerves when just playing solo and there'd be two or three clan members tagged, that were obviously using TS2 to communicate after death and when it came down to 1 v 1 you were just at such a disadvantage.

A lot of the fixes implemented for CS though were server side configured, i.e. it was up to the server admin what gametype they were hosting.

zainday

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »

LMAO KILLERHORNET!

I never really even thought about the numbers thing , cause i usually have been callen it modern warfare 2....but that is funny.....

He said, Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare R2D2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8