xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: MS forcefully removes private chat from upcoming titles  (Read 2073 times)

deeceefar2

• Archived User
MS forcefully removes private chat from upcoming titles
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »

This is arrogance.  A developer deciding that their game choices are more important then the fun of their users.  Party chat is there for a reason.  Gaming is trending more and more toward a social experience, and while nintendo dominated the local social experience; Microsoft dominated the remote/internet experience.  This seems not only like a step backwards, but also like a potentially explosive issue with their customers.  If people play the games with their friends to talk with their friends while playing; why should any game company be getting in the way of that?  Games are social tools now it is the job of the game to facilitate that social interaction and then get out of the way; not for it to control and prevent it.  Perhaps have a competitive game play mode where people aren't playing the game just to have fun with friends, but the entire game preventing game playing with friends seems wrong minded and foolish.

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »

It seems to be for certain modes only. not the whole thing.

MUTE ALL option PLEASE.

This post has been edited by chorizo1: Nov 2 2009, 07:07 AM

JD45

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »

unless you're at a lan, it's pointless to try and stop people from communicating after they die.. competitive gaming is always the minority..the majority of people that play cod just pub for fun.. and even in online leagues for games like counter-strike...which is one of the biggest competitive games out there people still use ventrilo. unless it's a lan tournament where fade to black is enforced and you aren't allowed to talk anymore after you're dead.

the rule of only being able to use in game chat only makes sense if it's being used for competitive cod..and if that's their intention it should be a separate game mode tweaked for league play.

whytellyou

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »

muhaha.gif   So many crybabies...  LOL.

zainday

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 11:27:00 PM »

This actually brings back memories of there ps3 version of cod4....
Get used to alot of STATIC noise guys!

On the ps3 verion they didn't have any way to MUTE ANYONE...so everyone just put on there bluetooth, set voice to output through headset only, and then set the thing on the desk or counter....which caused a tremendous amount of static feedback through everyone elses headsets.

I have a feeling this same thing will be done now.

This post has been edited by zainday: Nov 2 2009, 07:28 AM

amak1131

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 11:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(whytellyou @ Nov 1 2009, 11:16 PM) View Post

muhaha.gif   So many crybabies...  LOL.

As consumers we have a right to complain about stupid moves game companies make. (Say it with me: capitalism.) This is towards the top.

whytellyou

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(amak1131 @ Nov 2 2009, 02:33 AM) View Post

As consumers you DO have a right to complain about stupid moves game companies make. (Say it with me: CRYBABIES.) This is towards the top.

It also kills games people want to play because nobody is talking.

amak1131

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(whytellyou @ Nov 1 2009, 11:41 PM) *

It also kills games people want to play because nobody is talking.

<sarcasm>
Create edit.

Yea it will kill the game. But this is MW2, a game with so much hype is cant possibly fail! </sarcasm>

Sharky3

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 12:21:00 AM »

I'm glad to see the change at one point you couldn't go into matchmaking in Halo without seeing everyone in a party chat.  It's kind of difficult to describe where you got killed to people who are off in their own chat.  Now if their were only some way to force people to use the mics that come with their xbox.

The Dude Z

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 01:01:00 AM »

Well this is just stupid !
There are plenty of other ways to stop people from being able to cheat via private chat.

But for anyone who pays for Xbox Live memberships for nephews kids etc. this is terrible because now those kids will be forced to listen to vulgarities from immature idiots who for some apparent reason feel the need to swear, make racial slurs etc.

I won't be renewing any memberships for my nephews anymore that's for sure.

grr.gif

soopahfly

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 01:13:00 AM »

I like using private chat so I don't have to listen to some guy's 9 year old squarking into the microphone and crying when they get shot.

GoW was the worst for this.

Great responsible parenting, While your at it, why not let them watch some Friday 13th, Hellraiser and Terminator for good measure?

No, wait.... That was my childhood.

kill_bill

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 01:26:00 AM »

We use it when playing hardcore search & destroy, especially when we have one of our clan on the opposite team  tongue.gif

bbdez

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 01:47:00 AM »

i think it suckks, normally there will be 3 or 4 of us in party chat and we can work together, chat or wotever, they are taking our right to just chat about random subjects coz now if you just wanna play but want some friendly banter it will annoy everyone trying to play the game, we are not all serious gamers some of us just want to enjoy the games, also there are a lot of annoying people on xbox that just come in and sit and make noises instead of playing, and if they think this will stop people telling where others are they are sadly mistaken, some to the extreme no one else can chat anyway, and then like someone else said lots of kids that winge about dying too much or thinking they are great that sould not be listening to adults chatting coz you know we all swear especially in shooter... lol and befor someone says "but if thats the case set your profile to hardcore" yeah ok we all know that filter dont filter 8h1t

i just think we are being robbed of the pleasure of gaming and the choice to not listen to all the tw@ts on xbox, do ms think everyone on live are all good people, there are far too many tw@ts out there that ruin the games, just my opinion

dalagr

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »

This is Rediculous, i play with a group of friends and we would have to stop our XBL if this happens as we always use party chat while playing cod together. for one we get annoyed by the idiots on there who play and sing along to their rubbish music that no one else wants to hear. if anything having to listen to their rubbish through the headset of television just puts me off the game. i had preordered the modern warfare super elite but now im seriously going to have to reconsider paying £250 for something im not even going to be able to talk to my  gaming friends on.

kainy

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 02:06:00 AM »

Oh that's a stupid move... Tactics will be killed that way... If it's true... well we will use skype to party chat biggrin.gif

You can't stop us M$.... you just can't!  happy.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8