xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: MS forcefully removes private chat from upcoming titles  (Read 2072 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
MS forcefully removes private chat from upcoming titles
« on: November 01, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | November 1 22:53 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From examiner.com:

Do you like to use the party chat option on your Xbox 360? Well, if you do, you may soon find yourself being forced out of using that option. Microsoft appears to be offering developers the option to negate the private chat option the Xbox 360 offers.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will force players to decide whether or not they'll play the game and join the game chat, or choose to stay in a private chat and not play in the multiplayer game. The private chat feature became a way of telling other players of enemy locations after being killed.

Full Story: examiner.com

Roupus

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »

I like it.

Rickets06

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »

what about taking the player out of the level after they die? too depressing? or making their screen blank... and give them something else to do like look at scores and stats and customizing their ****. Isn't that a good option?

TehBanStick

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »

I'd like to clarify that they said Private Chat and not Parties

Though it will probably force parties into game chat mode.

_8ight

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »

So IW is going to force me to listen to all those little racist shits when I play online?  I'd rather talk to my friends.  Just because I sit in a party with my friends doesn't mean we're cheating.  It means we don't want to listen to others or have others listen to our conversation.  If IW is doing this... I won't be playing online with it much.  I play games online with my friends and if I can't enjoy their company while I play... I won't.

A feck you in advanced MS & IW.

zainday

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »

Why not just disable private chat when on opposing team?
Most the time I don't like when people are BSing in team chat, team chat should be game specific and tactical talk , for the most part.
This is what makes private chat nice....You and a budy can BS while playen the game together.
Most often I always try and play on the same team and my friend, so I don't understand the difference (if on same team) of me telling him where a person is , using team chat vs private chat.
But WHATEVER...... blink.gif

liam82517

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(_8ight @ Nov 2 2009, 06:30 AM) View Post

So IW is going to force me to listen to all those little racist shits when I play online?  I'd rather talk to my friends.  Just because I sit in a party with my friends doesn't mean we're cheating.  It means we don't want to listen to others or have others listen to our conversation.  If IW is doing this... I won't be playing online with it much.  I play games online with my friends and if I can't enjoy their company while I play... I won't.

A feck you in advanced MS & IW.

+1

zainday

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »

AND ANOTHER THING!.....lol
Now that people CAN'T private chat (and most likely party chat) , ALL that chatting will be going on all in the same room, so people that do want to play tactically , will get to hear all about "Larrys new dog Spot" (amongst a million other things)
Can you please include an update that gives users one click "MUTE ALL" feature, PLEASE! (I'd still like to hear the game , just not ALL the chat)

This post has been edited by zainday: Nov 2 2009, 05:44 AM

Sgt Quackers

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 10:11:00 PM »

I would support this if the only use it in Hardcore mode or something like that. I love my Party Chat so i can play and just talk with my friends. Or i can play one game and chat with friends in a completely different game. It would really piss me off if I have to listen to all of the little kids and people playing their music over XBL. Put it in Hardcore mode but for the average person it would just be an annoyance.

Has anyone actually confirmed this with IW or is it just like a rumor at this point? I see the picture but that could easily be photo shopped. And with no real source i am a little skeptical.

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »

I dont really like this.  mad.gif

Derfuhrer

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 10:34:00 PM »

NO the article says private Party Chat...as in not Game chat. This truly is awful!! Im a 33yr old avid gamer and my friends (who are over 25..one is 54!) enjoy chatting to each other during the game. The number of downright rude and arrogant, dick head pre pubecent boys is why I would cancel my subscription...if I was forced to hear the SHIT they speak again..

Nooo Microsoft  sad.gif

shage

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »

Stupidest thing ever, for one my 9 yr old son is only allowed to play in his party chat during game play, second tonight playing cod5 i had to hear some kid sing into the mic, some person blast music the whole time, a group of friends who decided to use racial slurs thru out the game, score one for ms giving into a big title game like mw2, cant wait to tape the conversations my 9yr old has to hear and call ms and thank them for their smart move

amak1131

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »

"The private chat feature became a way of telling other players of enemy locations after being killed."

I think there's a word for that. Let me break out my dictionary...if you want to follow, break out your Merriam-Webster Dictionary, New Edition and turn to page 734. On the left hand column, 2nd word:

Teamwork

xcalixxryderx

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(amak1131 @ Nov 1 2009, 08:45 PM) View Post

"The private chat feature became a way of telling other players of enemy locations after being killed."

I think there's a word for that. Let me break out my dictionary...if you want to follow, break out your Merriam-Webster Dictionary, New Edition and turn to page 734. On the left hand column, 2nd word:

Teamwork

and how often in real life to you find the ghost of a soldier going around telling his squad the enimey locations? thats how the games are ment to be played if alive you use team work if dead you cant talk to any except dead people.

amak1131

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 10:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(xcalixxryderx @ Nov 1 2009, 10:51 PM) View Post

and how often in real life to you find the ghost of a soldier going around telling his squad the enimey locations? thats how the games are ment to be played if alive you use team work if dead you cant talk to any except dead people.

You can't expect games to mimic real life. If so, how come you can take several rifle rounds and your health regenerates? In reality you'd be dead or on the ground getting treated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8