xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Pixel Shader Output.  (Read 94 times)

JayDee

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« on: January 06, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »

The old code @ work
(IMG:http://dday.tx-shells.net/old.jpg)

The new code @ work
(IMG:http://dday.tx-shells.net/new.jpg)

The old code @ work
(IMG:http://dday.tx-shells.net/old1.jpg)

The new code @ work
(IMG:http://dday.tx-shells.net/new1.jpg)

This post has been edited by JayDee: Jan 7 2005, 12:14 AM <

ubernewb

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

uhm.. looks good. one question though... how do i do it? <

JayDee

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

Wait for anon cvs to update.

Then update and compile... <

ubernewb

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »

anon cvs..? what's that?

oh well, time for another (IMG:http://forums.xbox-scene.com/style_images/oldx/search.gif)

LOL <

Maverick-DBZ-

• Recovered User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 11:25:00 PM »

It looks great! I'm amazed you guys are still pushing the Xbox. :) If you had to guess when do you think the new pixel shader support will be added to the XBMC code? <

Yuyu

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 12:14:00 AM »

From XBMC changlog:

- 06-01-2005 changed: New pixel shader output does YV12->RGB in one pass (using Butcher's old code).

Meaning once the Anon CVS code is updated from the developer CVS (takes about 6 hours I think give or take a couple?!?), it will be in there... So maybe  give it another few hours and it should be in there :)
 <

Maverick-DBZ-

• Recovered User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »

Great! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for letting me know. :beer: <

Maverick-DBZ-

• Recovered User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 02:16:00 AM »

Arhh can't edit my post anymore... :blink: Anyhoo the patch just came out a few minutes ago. I'm trying it out right now. :) <

aweelz

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 06:11:00 AM »

Thats some damn fine work :D Im happy, Cheers

Just in case anyone gets confused, Xbins messed up the year. Or you'll have just been holding out on me :unsure:

This post has been edited by aweelz: Jan 7 2005, 02:18 PM <

GhostDog__

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

Definite improvement, and room for more.  I would like to see more screen shots.   For those who dont know, this topic is discussed at http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/foru...t=ST;f=3;t=3916. <

Maverick-DBZ-

• Recovered User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »

I agree that it's an improvement but it still doesn't compare to the quality of XBMP. :( <

ubernewb

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2005, 01:43:00 AM »

hate to sound like such a retarded noob, but what do i do with this thing? i just got it from the other "usual place" and i'm looking at a changelog and an xbe.. does this xbe just replace my current xbmc default.xbe?

also, do i need to grab the Jan 2, 05 build or will this fix work with my Dec 12, 04 build?

thanks a lot guys... btw, the results awesome from the screens i've seen! <

GhostDog__

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Jan 8 2005, 09:03 AM)
hate to sound like such a retarded noob, but what do i do with this thing? i just got it from the other "usual place" and i'm looking at a changelog and an xbe.. does this xbe just replace my current xbmc default.xbe?

also, do i need to grab the Jan 2, 05 build or will this fix work with my Dec 12, 04 build?

thanks a lot guys... btw, the results awesome from the screens i've seen!

Just FTP to your xbox, delete all the files/folders in the xbmc folder except for the XboxMediaCenter.xml (if you've made changes to it), then upload all the files from the new build to the same folder exluding the XboxMediaCenter.xml if needed.  Some people just overwrite everything, and don't bother deleting, but I prefer this method to ensure that it's clean.  With the build you have, make sure the changelog mentions the January 6th changes as the Jan 5th, & Dec 12 builds will not have the new pixel shader output.

This post has been edited by GhostDog__: Jan 8 2005, 06:29 PM <

ubernewb

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »

i'm not sure if you're getting what i'm saying..

i have the 12-12-04 build on my box now.. i went to the "xbmc usual place" (the other irc given by the main "usual place") and grabbed the 1-6-05 xbe with better pixel shader.. it's not the entire build, just the xbe file itself..

what i'm asking is if the 1-6-05 xbe will run my 12-12-04 build, or if i have to replace with the 1-2-05 build.. get what i'm saying now?

if i have to upgrade to the 1-2-05 build it's no big deal, but i've already done a lot of skinning for this one and i'd rather not start from scratch again.. just did that when i upgraded from the old xbmc build that came on slayer's 2.6. and yeah, i believe in delete-all-start-from-scratch method myself when upgrading. <

JayDee

• Archived User
New Pixel Shader Output.
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

From what i can gather this is a xbe that uses the new pixelshader BUT in overlay mode instead of yuv. There might be a picture improvment, but as you can not take screenshoots with xbmc when in overlaymode, (only when using a debug setup is it possible), it is hard to realy compare pictures. (pics will be black)

But in short in you should be fine using that xbe. Just note that if it is ~6.5mb instead of 7-7.5mb you need the new system folder with the dll´s for cdripping.

HTH <