xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Major Nelson Tweets About Halo ODST Bans *Update: MS Detects Copies?*  (Read 2154 times)

Supercheese

• Archived User
Major Nelson Tweets About Halo ODST Bans *Update: MS Detects Copies?*
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(daman22 @ Sep 13 2009, 11:06 AM) *

they deserve to get banned... just wait till its released

Who, people who got the game a few days early from Newegg?

40_ounce

• Archived User
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2009, 06:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Supercheese @ Sep 14 2009, 07:01 PM) View Post

Who, people who got the game a few days early from Newegg?

Yeah the people that got it early legalyshould be banned?????

Come on you know he or she thinks the people that got it illigally should be banned......

timstim

• Archived User
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(d-range @ Sep 4 2009, 01:28 AM) View Post

The problem with that theory is that while they might be able to detect discrepancies that could be a sign of a modded console or a backup disc, they cannot act on it unless they're 100% sure the box is really hacked. The negative publicity they'd get when they started banning legit boxes is much more harmful than the piracy itself.

i dont know where you have been but they do it all the time,last ban wave lots of legit players were ban some of them being reversed  but it did not hurt there sales even in the least.

Alcarne

• Archived User
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »

So has anyone been banned who played the new English release that came out about 3 days ago?

RMF

• Archived User
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2009, 04:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Alcarne @ Sep 17 2009, 07:42 PM) View Post

So has anyone been banned who played the new English release that came out about 3 days ago?

I don't think so. Not yet anyway. There's one guy in this thread who thinks that his account has been banned for playing ODST but judging from the automated email that he received from MS it would seem unlikely to be the reason for the ban.

Anyway, it's not really MS' style to go out all guns blazing firing off instabans like there's no tomorrow. They usually sit back and collect as much data as they see fit and ban en masse a little further down the line. We'll just have to wait and see.

Alec

• Archived User
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »

So, for those who were suspended, have you been unsuspended like the dashboard message said you would be?

bobbler

• Archived User
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2009, 03:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Alec @ Sep 19 2009, 09:00 PM) View Post

So, for those who were suspended, have you been unsuspended like the dashboard message said you would be?

Nope, ban is not going to be lifted. Spoke to customer support last night as it was still banned. Confirmed its from playing Halo ODST on their forum too, they also state on there against other cases similar that they all received this "generic" message of profile/content suspension rather than a message saying its because you played ODST. When signing in now it just says there is a problem with the payment card, regardless of the card used being valid and adding a second valid card says the same too. It appears they have used a generic process to do the blocking of the account rather than a ban-wave like they did a year or so back. Maybe that is a good thing from a firmware point of view? Lack of real detection of copies, but only against this one particular build of the game which I just feel sure was a "plant" of some type.
360 hardware is not banned though, have signed up for a new Live account on the same machine and processed it fine, even with the same details on the account bar the email address (I changed this because my old one was against hotmail which I rarely check these days)
Certainly not going to be whining about it (which was not my intention of my post earlier), just really posted on here for info in case it was helpful to anyone else.

CreepingJesus

• Archived User
« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2009, 06:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(conners @ Sep 4 2009, 11:09 AM) View Post

I`ve not replied on here for a long time but for all those people who say that adding a unique ID to each game isnt possible. Sony did it on the PS2. DNAS data. I used to backup my games, then had to put a dnas read disc in the PS2, then the original disc, it would then display the data on screen. You then took the code and injected the code into the iso. So when you think that PS2 could do it all those years ago, then clearly MS can do it now. This allowed you to play online PS2 network games.

you nearly had me..

CODE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNAS
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]